Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 23:29   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hmmm, I was looking for a black coloured film. I dislike the greenish tint the Garware film in my scorpio has!
But the 3M films which are black dont have such great heat rejection, which IMO matters quite a bit in Mumbai.
Old 15th January 2011, 20:08   #767
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I agree. As per your advice, I think I will have to go for RE 35. I contacted Mr. Hiten (if you remember, you had PMed me the number long back!) & he quoted a price of Rs. 2800 for SP 35 which is black in colour & SER is 33 & Rs. 4000 for RE 35 which is reflective, SER is 56. I am not sure green reflective films will look good on a white punto though.

So i contacted V Kool too. They have a black coloured film (T35) with lesser light transmission than 3M & better heat rejection, of course at a higher price too - Rs. 6500.

Below is the comparo i have made-
Attached Files
File Type: xls Film.xls (17.0 KB, 970 views)

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th January 2011 at 20:22.
Old 15th January 2011, 20:29   #768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I agree. As per your advice, I think I will have to go for RE 35. I contacted Mr. Hiten (if you remember, you had PMed me the number long back!) & he quoted a price of Rs. 2800 for SP 35 which is black in colour & SER is 33 & Rs. 4000 for RE 35 which is reflective, SER is 56. I am not sure green reflective films will look good on a white punto though.

So i contacted V Kool too. They have a black coloured film (T35) with lesser light transmission than 3M & better heat rejection, of course at a higher price too - Rs. 6500.

Below is the comparo i have made-
T35 is also a slightly reflective film, I think I have that on my Punto. K37 would look black but again in bright sunlight is a little reflective.

That price from Vkool is too high. Call the dealer at Prabhadevi. The price you have is way too high.
Old 15th January 2011, 20:33   #769
Senior - BHPian

@ Akshay: If you dont mind, can I have a pic of your Punto so that I can get an idea of how T35 looks on a punto?

I called the Prabhadevi dealer itself. Regarding the price, I have not negotiated yet!
Old 17th January 2011, 18:38   #770
Senior - BHPian

@ akshay: With reference with your discussion from here, the reason I was insisting on black coloured film is because I was planning to put black alloys on the white car. So i thought black tints would look better. But anyways, I was told that I would have to go for 20% visibility as 35 would not look black. I am hesitant to go that dark. So i have dropped that plan now.

so its either RE35 or T35 if the Vkool dealer offers me a price of Rs. 4500/-
Old 17th January 2011, 20:42   #771
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ akshay: With reference with your discussion from here, the reason I was insisting on black coloured film is because I was planning to put black alloys on the white car. So i thought black tints would look better. But anyways, I was told that I would have to go for 20% visibility as 35 would not look black. I am hesitant to go that dark. So i have dropped that plan now.

so its either RE35 or T35 if the Vkool dealer offers me a price of Rs. 4500/-
Ill take a pic for you tomorrow, but in the pic it will probably look a bit more reflective than it is.

I think even with black rims those 2 tints will look good. Infact if you want it to look even more sporty, consider getting the roof done in black
Old 19th January 2011, 13:58   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Infact if you want it to look even more sporty, consider getting the roof done in black
That's a crazy idea. Has anyone done the entire roof in black using a sunfilm? Pros and cons?

If pros are more than cons then i may ponder on this idea more.

Btw, I am getting my Cruze filmed and got a fixed quote for Rs.4000 for 3M RE-35 which seems to be on par with what others are getting a quote for 4 doors and rear windshield.

I am going ahead with above option leaving the front windscreen untouched.
Old 19th January 2011, 14:39   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's a crazy idea. Has anyone done the entire roof in black using a sunfilm? Pros and cons? If pros are more than cons then i may ponder on this idea more.
Sunfilm on windows is done from the inside and hence don't get affected by constant wiping nor is it prone to direct contact of dust at high speeds. It'll be interesting to see how you'll keep your roof film scratch free. A clear coat over it perhaps?

Else, are you feeling left out and aiming to be featured in W&W thread?
Old 19th January 2011, 18:51   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Sunfilm on windows is done from the inside and hence don't get affected by constant wiping nor is it prone to direct contact of dust at high speeds. It'll be interesting to see how you'll keep your roof film scratch free. A clear coat over it perhaps?

Else, are you feeling left out and aiming to be featured in W&W thread?
Hey, do not take everything verbatim as i know the cons of it already. I love to explore even if it leans towards W&W but, implementing it is a different ball game altogether.

Btw, just installed 3M RE-35 ( Reflective type) on my Cruze for 4 windows and rear windscreen. Pleased with the decent and fast job they did.

Slightly unhappy that it was reflective as i was looking for a black tint and realized it after the first window was done up.

Anyways, i am not complaining as it looks good if not great.

Total Amount Paid : Rs.4,000
Old 19th January 2011, 20:02   #775
Senior - BHPian

A very basic question - are the reflective films legally allowed? what is the darkest film that is allowed or does it differ by RTO? Can one rely on what the sales guys inform us about the legality of the films?
Old 19th January 2011, 20:08   #776
Senior - BHPian

By reflective, we done mean mirror finish, they would be slightly reflective, still allowing the cops to see whose inside!

legally, 50% for the sides & 75% for the front is allowed.
Old 19th January 2011, 20:26   #777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's a crazy idea. Has anyone done the entire roof in black using a sunfilm? Pros and cons?

If pros are more than cons then i may ponder on this idea more.
Well I dont think sunfilm will be a good idea for that. I think black vinyl would be a better option. Google a bit youll get info. Or if you have money to blow those carbon fibre sheets will look awesome.

Quote:
Hey, do not take everything verbatim as i know the cons of it already. I love to explore even if it leans towards W&W but, implementing it is a different ball game altogether.

Btw, just installed 3M RE-35 ( Reflective type) on my Cruze for 4 windows and rear windscreen. Pleased with the decent and fast job they did.

Slightly unhappy that it was reflective as i was looking for a black tint and realized it after the first window was done up.

Anyways, i am not complaining as it looks good if not great.

Total Amount Paid : Rs.4,000
Im sure itll look great. Apologies for not mentioning it was reflective when I answered your earlier questions, I though you already knew that. But this is the best of the 3M range so dont worry.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:47   #778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Im sure itll look great. Apologies for not mentioning it was reflective when I answered your earlier questions, I though you already knew that. But this is the best of the 3M range so dont worry.
Thanks Akshay. I was thinking black tints would have looked best on a white car. Hence, my initial disappointment.

However, I think this reflective stuff grows on you.

A mobile camera picture taken this morning in my office.
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Film-cruzesunfilm.jpg  

Old 20th January 2011, 18:02   #779
BHPian

After going through the thread, i have decided to install T35 on my Beat( sides and rear). I called up the newly opened V-Kool outlet in Kolkata( on Park Circus Connector) and they basically gave me 2 options :

1) Walk into their showroom and get it fitted for Rs.5,500 + 4% vat
2) Get the installation done at your home for Rs.4,800 all inclusive.

The reason they provided for the 2nd option being offered for less, is that they would show it as sale to a dealer(accessory shop) and hence i can get it at the dealer price.

Now, I'm a bit skeptical about the 2nd offer, as there are chances of getting conned. But the 1st offer seems to be a good Rs.1,000 over-quote.

What would you fellow-BHPians suggest?

Secondly, K37 and T35 were offered for the same price. Which would be the better pick?
Old 20th January 2011, 19:12   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Secondly, K37 and T35 were offered for the same price. Which would be the better pick?
Even i am in the same dilemma. I asked the V Kool dealer to courier me the film samples, which was duly done by them. I wanna opt for K37 as my car is white & K37 is pure black in colour whereas T35 is reflective & is not pure black.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks