Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 19:46   #781
anb
BHPian

Re: Sun Film

I am looking for a non-reflective black tint for my white cruze. is K37 a good choice? Is there any vkool outlets in kottayam or trivandrum?
Old 29th January 2011, 23:23   #782
BHPian

They have one in Cochin - Run by Mr.Marson.
Think they do home installation. Check with him.

K37 pics are there on my thread on FIGO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I am looking for a non-reflective black tint for my white cruze. is K37 a good choice? Is there any vkool outlets in kottayam or trivandrum?
Old 30th January 2011, 12:11   #783
BHPian

Got T-35 installed on the sides and rear of my Beat this week from the V-Kool Kolkata outlet.

A few words about the experience:

The Outlet :
V-Kool, Kolkata outlet
1, Topsia Road (Park Circus connector, Near Merc Showroom)
Contact No.:98742-86784/98312-03820

The outlet itself is 3 years old, used to be on Chowringee road(adjacent to Rabindra sadan metro station) previously. Shifted to Topsia Road few months back.
Filming is done indoors and the environment is relatively dust free. Outlet is much smaller than the Delhi, Mumbai outlets pictured in other threads, but is well organised sans the frills. Space just enough for 2 cars to be serviced at a time.
The ramp/incline used to get the cars into the outlet is tricky and dangerous. The ramp is small and very steep. Smaller cars will have a problem driving in, cars with very low ground clearance might scrape. As a customer feedback, I've advised them to look after the issue.

The Choice of Films :

It was between the T35 and the K37. Both economy range films carrying same price tag. While the K37 is pure black, the T35 is reflective. If i had to go by the looks, i would have picked the K37 eyes closed. But my priority was heat rejection in which the T35 had better numbers. So chose the T35.

The Installation :

Installation took about 3 hours, most of which was used up in removing the useless Garware classic. The adhesives used in the garware film turned out to be pretty nasty. The glasses were cleaned up very effectively, and the new T-35 was installed. The installation seemed pretty professional and satisfactory. The interiors were duly cleaned after the installation. It seemed that they have only one staff trained/capable of installing the films, others were only for cleaning and removing the previous film/adhesives. I'm not complaining. A few bubbles were present, but they disappeared within the first 48 hours as promised.

The V-kool effect :

As soon as i drove out into the afternoon sun, I was able to notice the difference. Heat rejection was surprisingly good and exceeded my expectations. The ambiance inside the car had changed. From outside, the tints, though a bit too gawdy and reflective for my choice, made the glasses look expensive, as if they were Merc/BMW quality. Might get held up by the cops though. At night, the glare from the ORVMs reduced substantially. The high beams from the rear falling on the IRVM also did not irritate me anymore. So far looking good!

The Price :

4.8k inclusive of Taxes and a small tip to the installers.

I have become a fan of V-Kool, will get the windshield filmed as the summer approaches. Here in Kolkata, getting quality automotive accessories is an issue, more so getting quality service. Prima facie, the V-kool outlet has scored big time in both.
Old 30th January 2011, 20:23   #784
Senior - BHPian

@ mi2n: hi buddy, even I as confused between K37 & T35. can you post a pic of your car showing the tints?
Old 30th January 2011, 20:39   #785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ mi2n: hi buddy, even I as confused between K37 & T35. can you post a pic of your car showing the tints?
Completely forgot to take a pic for you. Will do so very soon. Btw check if K27 is available, if it is then go for it blindly.
Old 30th January 2011, 23:16   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Will sure do in a couple of days. By the way, the new chrome "I'm V-kool" sticker looks good, got a V-kool tissue box and a sticker pasted on the front windscreen which declares that the tints conform to Motor Vehicles Act. How effective is that sticker going to be if i get held up by cops? Does any fellow BHP-ian have any idea if it helps?
Old 31st January 2011, 12:55   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

For 3M, I would recommend Automarc. Neat and clean job, experienced installers. This is located in Defence Colony community center market opposite Moolchand hospital. Do not confuse it with Defence colony market, which though in the same colony is not the same market.

I used to have their phone numbers but cannot seem to find it in my phone book. They are easy enough to find though. You could also ask for Nizam's Kathi Rolls in the same market and the parking guys there will direct you to Automarc. Ask for gaadi ke kaam/saamaan waali dukaan or by it's name.
Hey went to Delhi and spoke to Automarc. Apparently they do NOT have 3M CR70 in stock. They said it will come in late March.

Anyone know of any other place in Delhi where 3M sunfilm can be installed?

We are travelling against in a couple of days, and would like to get this done. Thanks!
Old 31st January 2011, 23:32   #788
BHPian

Here are some snaps of my tint. The tints vary in reflectivity if viewed from different angles, so posting quite a few pics. Also posting a pic from inside showing the light transmission compared with the windshield which has no films.
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Film-img_2598.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2601.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2605.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2607.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2617.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2619.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2620.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2614.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 23:36   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Completely forgot to take a pic for you. Will do so very soon. Btw check if K27 is available, if it is then go for it blindly.
the guy said K37 is available. K27, if installed, would be too dark & I would be held by cops in every alternate signal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Here are some snaps of my tint. The tints vary in reflectivity if viewed from different angles, so posting quite a few pics. Also posting a pic from inside showing the light transmission compared with the windshield which has no films.
Thanks a ton for the pics buddy.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:31   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some tints.

Vento - 3M
Swift - LLumar gradient sun films (Front Windshield)
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Film-img_2598.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2599.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2602.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2603.jpg  

Sun Film-img_2604.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0541.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0542.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0543.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0548.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0554.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0561.jpg  

Sun Film-img_0563.jpg  

Old 4th February 2011, 18:49   #791
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot to akshay1234 & mi2n.

Today visited the V Kool outlet & installed K37 on my punto. The film is very good & installation was nice.

I avoided the T35 as it was too reflective for my taste & the colour of my car.
Old 4th February 2011, 20:52   #792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot to akshay1234 & mi2n.

Today visited the V Kool outlet & installed K37 on my punto. The film is very good & installation was nice.

I avoided the T35 as it was too reflective for my taste & the colour of my car.
Anytime my friend. Post some pics of the car now.

Quote:
the guy said K37 is available. K27, if installed, would be too dark & I would be held by cops in every alternate signal!
I think cops would have let K27 pass. I have K14 on my car and ive got stopped only once. Anyway its irrelevant now.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th February 2011 at 20:54.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:29   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Anytime my friend. Post some pics of the car now.
sure, i'll post daytime pics soon.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:28   #794
BHPian

Hi all,
This is my 1st post, though since long I have been following the forums in Team-BHP!
I have inquired particularly for Vkool with Motor hood, Pune for my New Fabia 1.2 TDI. He has quoted about 5.2k for T35 & 7.9k for the K37 for the sides & rear.

What do you people think- the prices given by him are okay/ on higher sides??

And with the price range between 2.5k – 3.5k, which brand should I go for? I am keen on cooling as well as on looks.. of course, within RTO regulations..

With thanks & regards,
Old 8th February 2011, 16:38   #795
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i changed my Lummar 5 black tint to Global Windows tints, also got a 4 year warranty on the same. Price for my zen was 3400 for 4 sides, 2 rear quarter, and 1 rear window. The exact name is Ruby CH20, though these look light in color they are of the reflective type, slightly less reflective than what mi2n posted.

Heat rejection is pretty good as these are thicker and premium quality, i dont have any regrets about the change as I needed a slightly lighter tint. and enjoying good visibility from inside with a quoted heat rejection of 58%.

Last edited by motomaverick : 8th February 2011 at 16:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks