Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 20:07   #796
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Hi all,
This is my 1st post, though since long I have been following the forums in Team-BHP!
I have inquired particularly for Vkool with Motor hood, Pune for my New Fabia 1.2 TDI. He has quoted about 5.2k for T35 & 7.9k for the K37 for the sides & rear.

What do you people think- the prices given by him are okay/ on higher sides??

And with the price range between 2.5k – 3.5k, which brand should I go for? I am keen on cooling as well as on looks.. of course, within RTO regulations..

With thanks & regards,
K37 and T35 should be the SAME price. I dont know why your guy is charging higher considering both are the economy range.
Old 9th February 2011, 11:47   #797
BHPian

@ Dr.Vikas

The quote for the K37 is outrageous given that the official V-Kool price chart lists both the T35 and K37 @ Rs.5.5k plus taxes. I'll try to scan and upload the pricelist that i have with me, you can take a printed version of the same to your dealer for reference.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:45   #798
BHPian

Hi friends,
Thanks for the prompt replies..
@ akshay1234,
I had gone through this thread very well & I got the contact info of that shop in this thread only... So I was expecting the same- equal price quote (& that somewhere around 4+k) for the 2!

@ mi2n,
It looks the price given for T35 is at par. By the way, what does that official price chart represent- cost of a single packed roll or cost of the film per car? Do elaborate..
Also would like to have a look at the official price chart before making the final decision..

A dealer at Sangli offered me to go for FilmPRO (Titanium35/ Matrix35) & ready to give a money back guaranty for 5 years. Is this really a good option considering the quality & performance of the 2 brands?
Do share your opinions..

Thanks & regards,
Old 9th February 2011, 15:13   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,
@ mi2n,
It looks the price given for T35 is at par. By the way, what does that official price chart represent- cost of a single packed roll or cost of the film per car? Do elaborate..
Also would like to have a look at the official price chart before making the final decision.. ,
It's per car. From what i have got from the sales rep, they broadly classify the cars into two categories (i) Hatch and sedans, (ii) MUV,SUVs. The rates for hatches and sedans are the same for the sides and rear. For the windshield though, its a different story. The quote i got for VK70 windshield(Chev Beat) is the same as one would have to pay for a Scorpio's windshield and little less than what a Swift owner would have to pay.
Here's a part of the price list(for hatches and sedans) by the way, hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Film-vk-price.jpg  

Old 10th February 2011, 05:51   #800
BHPian

Thanks m2in for your info. It would certainly help me & many others as well.
Now, somebody please share some info about the brands like FilmPRO & Global window.. I just want to get these films compared regarding their quality, performance, durability & cost effectiveness issues..
I am about to get the job done by this weekend...
Regards,
Old 10th February 2011, 11:48   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, somebody please share some info about the brands like FilmPRO & Global window.. I just want to get these films compared regarding their quality, performance, durability & cost effectiveness issues..
I am about to get the job done by this weekend...
Regards,

I have filmpro on my figo, and am extremely happy with the heat cutting offered by them. Even after a long day in the sun, the cabin in still only warm. But be warned, they are extremely difficult to install, and if not done properly, will form bubbles easily.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:22   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I have filmpro on my figo, and am extremely happy with the heat cutting offered by them. Even after a long day in the sun, the cabin in still only warm. But be warned, they are extremely difficult to install, and if not done properly, will form bubbles easily.
Jaydev, please post some pics of the sunfilm. And what about the installation cost?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:57   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Jaydev,
Thanks for your post, but the info you had given is incomplete, that's what I think..
So can you please share some details regarding the Model/ series of the film (i.e. Murcury35/ Titanium/ Matrix etc.) & the cost you paid towards the installation.
Thanks & regards,
Old 11th February 2011, 23:21   #804
Team-BHP Support

At my place, only Garware is available.

I wish to go for dual or 2 piece film. It should be darker at the back and should provide good visibility in the front at night while cornering or looking at RVM's.

The Classic Lite & International Lite appear good to me. Any suggestions? What should the cost be?

How is their Ice-Cool range? The literature (on their web-site) do hint out that they should be pricey, but worth?

Thanks

Edit:- I got a Figo BTW

Last edited by Sheel : 11th February 2011 at 23:36.
Old 19th February 2011, 23:09   #805
BHPian

I am getting 3M RE35 and Garware Icecool for windshield. I am being quoted 3.8 and 3.3 (2.8 in one store) respectively. Are these prices reasonable ? This is for a figo.

Thanks
Old 19th February 2011, 23:55   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
I am getting 3M RE35 and Garware Icecool for windshield. I am being quoted 3.8 and 3.3 (2.8 in one store) respectively. Are these prices reasonable ? This is for a figo.

Thanks

Even 3M Car spa in Bangalore HSR is quoting only 2800 for RE35 or CS35, So hope you can look in that price tag.
Old 20th February 2011, 07:24   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my Llumar ch 2 for 2.4k(front windshield) and ch 50 for rest of the car for 2.7k from Blore
Old 23rd February 2011, 16:22   #808
BHPian

hi guys, i am looking for sun films for my Carbon Grey i10's sides, rear and front.

Browsing through this thread it seems 3M - RE35 and Vkool T35 are most popular for sides are rear. Not sure about the difference between the two thou

What i am looking for is something that will keep the cabin cool and looks good on my car's color.

And the need for having one for my front windshield is due to insensitive drivers driving with their headlights in upper mode. It's really getting dangerous to drive at nights.

Do let me know your views !

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 23rd February 2011 at 16:24.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:24   #809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
hi guys, i am looking for sun films for my Carbon Grey i10's sides, rear and front.

Browsing through this thread it seems 3M - RE35 and Vkool T35 are most popular for sides are rear. Not sure about the difference between the two thou

What i am looking for is something that will keep the cabin cool and looks good on my car's color.

And the need for having one for my front windshield is due to insensitive drivers driving with their headlights in upper mode. It's really getting dangerous to drive at nights.

Do let me know your views !
I have installed LLumar sun films on the front and sides. It is definitely doing the job. Cuts off heat and blocks the oncoming light glares. Am completely satisfied with LLumar.
Old 24th February 2011, 08:50   #810
BHPian

^^ which series did u get and how much did u pay ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed