Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 01:56   #841
BHPian

Re: Window films considering strict action in Delhi

The legal limit is 50% VLT for sides & rear. 70% VLT for the front. Known brands are vkool, 3m, Garware, llumar.
Old 8th April 2011, 08:45   #842
Senior - BHPian

^^ Agree with quadra, as long as you are within the limits specified above you have not violated any law, just keep this figures in mind before going ahead with the installation.

Spike
Old 8th April 2011, 09:32   #843
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Traffic Police is very strict about films due to the number of rape cases in moving vehicles. So very careful what you put and the reflective ones are strict no-no. Sometimes even you may get challaned even if you have the one within legal limit and that is one reason why you'll see most cars in Delhi no no sun film. People alternatively use shades.

Take your pick.
Old 8th April 2011, 10:19   #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Delhi Traffic Police is very strict about films due to the number of rape cases in moving vehicles. So very careful what you put and the reflective ones are strict no-no. Sometimes even you may get challaned even if you have the one within legal limit and that is one reason why you'll see most cars in Delhi no no sun film. People alternatively use shades.

Take your pick.
I agree thats why I am fearing wheather to go for the film or some alternative. I have somewhere read about roller curtains also, which seems to be an attractive alternate. Can some body throw light on it and its price and availability in Delhi. I need to complete this task this weekend so any reply today would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 12:04   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_k View Post
I agree thats why I am fearing wheather to go for the film or some alternative. I have somewhere read about roller curtains also, which seems to be an attractive alternate. Can some body throw light on it and its price and availability in Delhi. I need to complete this task this weekend so any reply today would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Thats a very good idea. I'm sure roller curtains will not cost you more than 250/300 bucks a pop. Depending upon where you stay, you can either go to Karol bagh or Palika Bhawan opp. Hyatt!
Old 8th April 2011, 12:11   #846

Re: Sun Film

I have read on a thread about Amritras P8 brand car curtain and checked with them. Theay indicated that it is not not available for ANHC right now. It is stuck with 3m tape and/or screws. Screw obviously I would not like. Maybe I have to go with sunfilm, it seems
Old 8th April 2011, 16:12   #847
BHPian

For all of you who wonder how sun films of different darkness (vlt) will look, here is an example.

Remember, the end result or the overall darkness depends on a lot of factors like the interiors of the car (dark/light), the direction in which the sunlight falls on the film etc.

These pics are just to give you an idea.

Source : Starco Distributing :: Automotive Window Film :: Hybrid Metallized Auto Window Film

70%->50%->35%->20%->5%
Attached Images

Last edited by razrman : 8th April 2011 at 16:37.
Old 8th April 2011, 18:53   #848
Senior - BHPian

Is it okay to put a mobile holder onto a windscreen which has a sun film installed on it? I have put a Nokia universal mobile holder cr-115 on my VW Vento's windscreen which has Llumar sun film installed over it. Will it cause any problem if so I will have it removed immediately. Please advice.
Picture of the same below.
Attached Images

Old 27th April 2011, 06:41   #849
BHPian

What would you guys recommend for the Jazz? And any comparison between 3M, Llumar and Garware? the prices seem to vary wildly between the three.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:50   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
What would you guys recommend for the Jazz? And any comparison between 3M, Llumar and Garware? the prices seem to vary wildly between the three.
I would recommend Llumar since it's reasonably priced. I got them installed on my Swift.
Old 27th April 2011, 19:17   #851
Senior - BHPian

I recently got Garware IceCool Elite installed on the side windows of my car, it surely is effective even when the film I have is 70% VLT.

Drive safe.
Old 27th April 2011, 20:17   #852
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Take your pick.

Say I am traversing Delhi, my registration is KA. Would the Delhi cops still challan me for a dark windscreen film?

--Ragul
Old 28th April 2011, 08:55   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Say I am traversing Delhi, my registration is KA. Would the Delhi cops still challan me for a dark windscreen film?

--Ragul
Seeing the numbers of posts from Delhi Bhpians, I would ask you to be careful. Hope they would comment on this.
Old 28th April 2011, 09:12   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

--Ragul
I believe they would, as most people have mentioned, the Delhi cops are becoming stricter than ever for sun films. In fact, about 2 months back, there was an advertisement by the traffic police in the newspaper about this & it was aimed at educating people on not using dark sun films.
Old 13th May 2011, 20:15   #855
BHPian

Hello all,

after thinking of getting sun film installed on our CityZX and Alto every year, i always decide against it to keep my car with clear glasses.
But heat seems to become worse every year and is too difficult to ignore now. Went to sec28 motor market yesterday to put 'sunfilm' on my car. was expecting to get a reply from installer like will do it for Rs500.
I was shocked to be bombarded with options of different brands, shades, heat rejection, RTO legit or not etc. Ranging from 1500 to 9500 bucks for my city. Got a headache and retuned home.

Went through a major part of this thread and front windscreen sunfilm thread and search results for sunfilm. After reading more than i used to in my semester exams i have some idea of the available options.
First thing is i only want heat rejection. I dont care what color or how dark it is. And i dont want to spend more than Rs 2000 for it. I understand i wont be able to get windshield film and im okay with that. So going for 50% sides and 70% rear film.

So the only options i see are Garware Classic Lite OR Autographix film.

I believe i was quoted around 1500 for classic lite and around 1200 for autographix (dont have any idea on heat rejection, model, etc). Which of these would be better ?

City has rear windshield defogger. Is it safe to install sunfilm over it? I am worried it might cause problems in defogger operation.

I stay in chandigarh so not taking a risk with any darker film. But the Garware Classic (not classic lite) is supposed to have much better heat reduction with a VLT of 40%. Any idea if cops let you go with 40% VLT film or is it a problem?
If its okay i am thinking of getting the side glasses with garware classic and put one of those sieve curtain kind of things on the rear.

If anyone knows of a reliable installer in chandigarh, panchkula or mohali please share his contact or location. I would really be comfortable if i can trust the guy as i wont know if someone puts fake film in front of my eyes. I am planning to get this done on the weekend as im going to delhi monday morning.

Thanks for reading this longish post.

Last edited by guptavis : 13th May 2011 at 20:19.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed