Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 21:12   #226
BHPian

Anybody here using Garware High Performance Charcoal 5 (HP CH5 - Export Only) in their car? I am going to change my sunfilms to HP CH5. It has 65% heat reduction and 5% visibility, cost me around INR. 4500 for Safari (except front).

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 1st November 2008 at 21:22.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:33   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Anybody here using Garware High Performance Charcoal 5 (HP CH5 - Export Only) in their car? I am going to change my sunfilms to HP CH5. It has 65% heat reduction and 5% visibility, cost me around INR. 4500 for Safari (except front).
thats illegal. your supposed to have at least50% visibility on the sides.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
thats illegal. your supposed to have at least50% visibility on the sides.
May be but not for me, dear!
Old 1st November 2008, 22:03   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
May be but not for me, dear!
in that case get it installed. price seems fine.
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:41   #230
Senior - BHPian

some of the best films for sun control inside your car are:

1. 3M.
2. V-Kool.
3. LLumar.
4. Garware.
5. others.

never have a darker film than 30% shade or 70% visible light transmission on your door glass and rear windscreen.

install a clear film on the front windscreen. its worthless if you dont install clear film on the front windscreen, cause thats where the maximum heat and uv rays come into the car.

it has been noted that in India, sun control films are used for privacy rather than heat control.

anyway i would recommend, 3M or V-kool for your car if you want good amount of heat to be left out and maximum light coming in.

3M has FX, CS and crystalline series of films. V-kool has conventional and k series of premium films. install films as per your need and budget.

make sure the rear and front windscreens are done in ONE piece and from inside of the glass.

always get the films installed by a professional authorised tint shop.
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:25   #231
BHPian

Hi,

Has anybody used Solar Guard sun control for your cars ? How is this product ?

Thanks
Old 5th January 2009, 01:00   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
Hi,

Has anybody used Solar Guard sun control for your cars ? How is this product ?

Thanks
Solar Guard sun control is a branded and reputed sun control film manufacturer. They are marketed here by Xenos India. Just got my car tints done for front, sides and rear. They used Solar Guard HP Quantum37 for the sides and rear. For the front windshield Sterling70 was used. Yet to test the daytime results, but I am pretty happy with the night driving using the film.
Old 5th January 2009, 01:13   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Solar Guard sun control is a branded and reputed sun control film manufacturer. They are marketed here by Xenos India. Just got my car tints done for front, sides and rear. They used Solar Guard HP Quantum37 for the sides and rear. For the front windshield Sterling70 was used. Yet to test the daytime results, but I am pretty happy with the night driving using the film.
Do update how effective these are and also the price. Thanks.
Old 5th January 2009, 08:36   #234
BHPian

3m

I have a fiesta, and used 3M for my tinting, made a very appreciable difference in the cooling time of car interior. However, I got it done only on the sides.
I think the 3M FX ST or HP Series should do nicely for most of us. But it is a tad more expensive than other brands, but then hey- you have the quality that speaks.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:50   #235
BHPian

hi guys i had been to a mall yesterday and saw 3m sun films for car. they where SP-35 and came in with warranty card. now it is costing me 2199/=rs for 27.xx ft. roll with 2 pieces and 2600/= for 33.33ft. roll.(contains 4 pieces) can u guys pls advice which one to go for? and is it worth the money? both are the same shade and just want to know how much ft. roll should be purchased i have e NHC zx.
and yeah it was mention SP-35 and i have read it right
Old 20th January 2009, 22:54   #236
BHPian

Hey guys im looking for some sunfilm for my swift. Im located in Bangalore. Ive enquired about 3M and Llumar.

When i checked about 3M the guy in Glamour Car accesories gave me a quote of 2k for the windscreen for SP-70 and 2k for the sides+rear for SP-70. However when i checked at Car Shringar, Vikram said SP-70 has been discontinued and that 3M only recommends the CR series for the Windscreen. He quoted 5k for CR70 and 2k for SP-50 for the sides and rear. Glamour said he cant get CR-70 and its only available at Maruti showrooms :S

So has anybody here used the 3M CR series and can tell me how it is? And is the price alright?

Lumar AIR75 is 5k for the windscreen and 1.8k for Steel Series for the sides+rear. How is the price? And what do you guys say about LLumar?

Thanks in advance
Old 26th January 2009, 19:02   #237
Senior - BHPian

got sides + rear of my indica done with llumar silver ( 20 something grade)
cost me 1.8k. other shops were asking 1k for local stuff, 2.4k for garware (!)
suddenly a doubt arises. will i run in to trouble with the cops ? I've seen a lot of people run similar tints
Old 26th January 2009, 19:33   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
suddenly a doubt arises. will i run in to trouble with the cops ? I've seen a lot of people run similar tints

Only way to find out - the manufacturer provided catalogues to dealers, which show the brand (eg:- Garware classic, Garware <whatever> etc.). Alongside, the catalogue also shows the heat rejection and visibility, both in percentages. Do not depend on too rundown /used catalogues - They may show the wrong film.

Also, make sure that you are given the same film as you choose by looking at the specifications on the catalogue and also on the film packing - even bulk packing. I have not been able to do this, and am unhappy with what I got.
Old 30th January 2009, 10:57   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
got sides + rear of my indica done with llumar silver ( 20 something grade)
cost me 1.8k. other shops were asking 1k for local stuff, 2.4k for garware (!)
Your's Llumar is too cheap even when compared to Garware. Are you sure that it's not fake ?

I'm asking this because when I went for Alto sunfilm(side & rear), the Llumar authorised dealer@Cochin told me that don't even think about Llumar below 4500 !

Last edited by mithun : 30th January 2009 at 11:10.
Old 30th January 2009, 11:02   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Your's Llumar is too cheap even when compared to Garware. Are you sure that it's not fake ?
Llumar Silver series in Chennai too costs around 2000 bucks, according to the Chennai distributor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed