Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2005, 21:11   #1
BHPian

Sun Film

Does that really help? and also does it affect night time visiblity. I am atleast scared that it will hinder viewing the rear view mirrors and handicap vision during night time.
Old 9th October 2005, 21:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are good quality sunfilms that do protect us from UV rays and the heat. I don't think overall visibility should be a problem as the windscreen won't have the sumfilm, but yea u might have probs reversing at night. Plus they also provide a kind of privacy
Old 9th October 2005, 22:33   #3
BHPian

Sun films do help...if they are of good quality....besides that too dark films are not allowed...i am not sure how dark films are allowed.....if some one knows that please post it.....

about the visiblity factor it is advisable not to tint your windshield...it would greatly affect night driving...tinted side and the rear windows dont affect that much in night driving....but it all depends on how dark your tinting film is....
Old 9th October 2005, 22:46   #4
BANNED

yes...light dark grey....those are the darkest legal ones you could go for...and dude the best ones are of 3m...its better if you go for these....they are exactly what sun films are supposed to be like...and for simple cool ones..that just looks dark...in mumbai you guys can go to audioline...cheap and good...
Old 9th October 2005, 22:53   #5
BANNED

i got the legal light grey ones for my corsa...and recently a cop caught me..when i told him that its legal...he told me "court mein aake bolna"
so now im planning to go for complete dark tints...

i wanted to ask you guys this question...
what is the rule like....we have to have legal ones only on the windshield or on all the windows...because some friend told me that it is ok if i have complete dark tints but the windshield should not be tinted...
Old 9th October 2005, 23:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
i got the legal light grey ones for my corsa...and recently a cop caught me..when i told him that its legal...he told me "court mein aake bolna"
so now im planning to go for complete dark tints...

what is the rule like....we have to have legal ones only on the windshield or on all the windows...because some friend told me that it is ok if i have complete dark tints but the windshield should not be tinted...
I think legally it should offer 70% visibility
also you can ask manufacturer for some sort of approval certificate
Old 9th October 2005, 23:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire

no all the windows have to be lightly tinted so one can see throught with ease.and dude actually if your caught with really dark tints they take your car and strip it of the tints and givr it back to you.this happened to my friends car a couple of months back.im serious.

its an absolute sh** rule but rule are rules.
let us know what you plan to do.

rev
Old 10th October 2005, 00:08   #8
BANNED

plan to leave the windshield but put complete dark tints on all the windows...it really makes the car look too good...
Old 10th October 2005, 03:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

dude you still will get caught as it is illegal to tint even your side windows.as said above it should be about 70 % visible and one should be able to see inside easily.and since you have a body kit its easier to spot your car and it really stands out so once cops get their eyes on it you might be in trouble.still plan on getting it done ??

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 08:59   #10
BANNED

arre dude...again im in confusion...because with complete dark tints..the car would really look hot...ill wait for sometime...ill see if any cop catches me now for having these legal tints...twice they have told me its illegal...didnt stop me for that...but after stopping me they told me this...so ill wait for a week or two..if they catch me specially for the tints ive got...then ill definately go in for complete dark onezz
Old 10th October 2005, 09:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

i know the dark black tints definitly make the car look great.infact i wanted to put them on my car windows itself but then finally decided to go the legal way.

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 09:54   #12
Team-BHP Support

I find they reduce my peripheral vision esp on rainy nights so avoid them at all.
Old 10th October 2005, 09:58   #13

I dont like sun film because it tends to actually cut down on your reaction time a little bit. Because we are comfortably ensconced behind the sun film, objects seem to approach a little more slowly. i tend to avoid sun film altogether.
Old 10th October 2005, 10:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

i agree they definitly reduce your ability to see in the nights considerably.specially while reversing on a dark road.

but navin just because a dog bites when hes in a foul mood doesnt mean you dont keep him as a pet.my point here is that there is a problem in the night but in the day its perfectly fine.if one uses the car more during the day than in the night its okay but if its for some one whos uses it only or mostly at nights then its obiously not advisible.

Rev
Old 10th October 2005, 10:07   #15
Team-BHP Support

there are dogs that dont bite - v cool and it's like.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks