Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 18:40   #391
knp
BHPian

Today, I got Garware Ice Cool Shield for my i10 from Car Automobiles, JC Road. I have paid 2700, and it comes with the original package with 5 years warranty.
Old 12th September 2009, 23:16   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Today, I got Garware Ice Cool Shield for my i10 from Car Automobiles, JC Road. I have paid 2700, and it comes with the original package with 5 years warranty.
Good Knp, I have the same on my Santro and performs really well. It's one of the best available in the market in this price bracket.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:50   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Arun

For sides and back, the Garware Classic which I have is a darker shade but provides excellent heat rejection of upto 45%. The original film in green box shall not cost you more than 1500 (the MRP I think is somewhere near 1700).

For front, please strech your budget a get and get a good branded film. I have Garware Ice Cool Shield and it provides good heat rejection with a cool green tint. If budget is not permitting at the moment, get the sides and rear done and you shall experience a considerable reduction in heat level.
Hi Tsk13, Thanks for the information. I will enquire. Just a small enquiry before I go for shooping, does this 1500 also include labour for installation?

More over, the reason why I had asked for windshield cover is because I can see a glare in night while driving. Sometimes it is a little diffcult to drive, else it is fine.

Thanks,
Arun
Old 13th September 2009, 09:56   #394

Garware sunfilm curing time

Guys - I have installed Garware Classic on my Alto - (though a big compromise over my previous Llumar tints on Ikon) which is over a week now, well i just wanted to know the curing time of this film.

I still find the solution marks ( soap soln -applicator) when viewed upclose on the windows and rear, I tried hard using mild cleansers to wipe it away- but no use.

Any clue on how to get rid off them?
Old 14th September 2009, 16:37   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi Tsk13, Thanks for the information. I will enquire. Just a small enquiry before I go for shooping, does this 1500 also include labour for installation?

More over, the reason why I had asked for windshield cover is because I can see a glare in night while driving. Sometimes it is a little diffcult to drive, else it is fine.

Thanks,
Arun
I think so, dealers have a margin enough to cover their installation charges. Some sell it at about 50-100 bucks below MRP and on bargaining say we're not charging for installation, all lies.
Old 14th September 2009, 18:33   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Thanks,
Arun
I'd earlier written about purchasing Garware Classic recently (and was also worried about its authenticity). After around a week of using it I am quite concvinced that it is an excellent quality sunfilm. For the amount I paid, installation charges were inclusive - in fact it involved taking off my earluer sun film - that was pretty useless (given free by the Maruti Showroom guys) and I always wondered if it was just a shadow film where I just got the shadow of the dark paper they had fitted, that heated the car more than blocking anything (I was told it was unbranded and not even 600 bucks, and the maruti showroom guys gave a good for nothing package of a free sun film, anyway - no point discussing that anymore).

So with the latest upgrade to a good sun-film I notice the difference (after a few years of the old film) greatly.

May be there are better sun films but this one has done a lot of good to my driving in the sun.

thanks.
Old 20th September 2009, 12:32   #397
BANNED

So, from all these reports we can include Garware Classic as one of the most T-BHP recommended VFM sunfilms !
Old 20th September 2009, 16:02   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
So, from all these reports we can include Garware Classic as one of the most T-BHP recommended VFM sunfilms !
+1 to this. When it comes to VFM, Garware Classic leads the race.
Old 20th September 2009, 20:05   #399
BHPian

I have also installed Garware sunfilm (don't remember the variety though) on the windows and rear window my Zen about 3 years back. The box was with holograms and it was with 1 year warranty. Cost me 700 bucks including installation then. No problem till date. VFM indeed.
Old 21st September 2009, 04:06   #400
BHPian

[FONT=&quot] 1st Coating Windshield 3M CR70 + 3M RE35 - 10.2k

I always wanted to have that cool dark look on glasses that gives my car a class finish also improving privacy inside, A/C and thus mileage. Some warned me on any darker sun control film shades that are against RTA rules and many said its not any issue untill cops can see whats going on inside without any difficulty in day and night. Listening to the suggestions of couple of BHPians and going through many threads and after so much of analysis I decided to add 3M CR70 for windsheild and 3M RE35 for the remaining. Later I realized that I made a mistake in my selection after spending a whole lot of 10.4k on it.
Before:
Sun Film-before.jpg
Sun Film-before2.jpg
After:
Sun Film-re35.jpg
Sun Film-re35a.jpg

2nd Coating only sides & rear 3M SP20 - 3.2k

I could not digest the hard fact that there is'nt any visible difference on the cool look of ma car glasses not even darker to another 15%. So I felt whatever it was I have to get it done again leaving the windshield. I spoke to many known technicians and confirmed that its not any problem to have double coating with low cost non metallic 3M SP20 over my metallic 3M RE35. So finally had the dark kool look that I wanted on my car. Believe me or not its still visible inside through those glasses and I think I can defend cops on this.

Sun Film-re35sp20.jpg
Sun Film-re35sp20a.jpg

[/FONT]
Old 21st September 2009, 09:28   #401
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
[FONT=&quot] 1st Coating Windshield 3M CR70 + 3M RE35 - 10.2k[/FONT]
@vamsee: What is the breakup of 10.2k between 3M CR70 & 3M RE35 ?
Old 21st September 2009, 12:07   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
@vamsee: What is the breakup of 10.4k between 3M CR70 & 3M RE35 ?
CR70 - Rs.4900 (Windshield)
RE35 - Rs.5100 (Sides + Rear)
Installation charges - Rs.400

SP20 - Rs.3200 (Sides + Rear) including installation charges.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:44   #403
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
CR70 - Rs.4900 (Windshield)
RE35 - Rs.5100 (Sides + Rear)
Installation charges - Rs.400

SP20 - Rs.3200 (Sides + Rear) including installation charges.
Thanks. How is CR70? Do you feel any different/difficulty in the night drives?

I thought of RE35 for the sides & rear but went for V-Kool ultimately.

Haven't done my windscreen yet. VK70 for windscreens comes to 12k. Wondering whether to go for VK70 or CR70 or leave it as it is for now.

Any help guys?
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:27   #404
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Could anybody please let me know the ideal sunfilms to install on an i10 Asta?

Going by this thread, 3M CR70 looks good for the front windscreen. Any comments or better suggestions on that?

Also, what do I get for the other 5 glasses? With RE35 it does not even look like that films have been installed, and SP20 is sure to get me in trouble with cops here in Kolkata. anything in between?

The hatch glass has defogger coating stripes, and what precautions should one take while installing films over those? Is there any chance of the sunfilm/melting/shrinking/getting deformed while I switch on the rear defogger?

Kindly advise.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:02   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hi

Could anybody please let me know the ideal sunfilms to install on an i10 Asta?

Going by this thread, 3M CR70 looks good for the front windscreen. Any comments or better suggestions on that?

Also, what do I get for the other 5 glasses? With RE35 it does not even look like that films have been installed, and SP20 is sure to get me in trouble with cops here in Kolkata. anything in between?

The hatch glass has defogger coating stripes, and what precautions should one take while installing films over those? Is there any chance of the sunfilm/melting/shrinking/getting deformed while I switch on the rear defogger?

Kindly advise.

CR70 is a good choice for the windshield to see through day and night without any trouble. Even anti glare works better as I observed.

Now its key to make a wise decision for the rest of the glasses. Its all depends on your requirement priority.

If you want a better heat rejecting film go for CS/RE35. I prefer CS35 as it looks the same as RE35 but with more specifications. In fact this will not give any different or Kool look to your car. you may find your car still with 70% visibility though its 35%.

If you want a dark cool look on your car its better you go for either RE20/SP20 and I can say that it still gives 50% visibility. I had SP20 + RE35 and it still gives me 30-40% visibility inside. Otherwise if you are doubtful test it once keeping the film on your side windows. RE20 is technically better than SP20.

With my experience I feel its better go for RE/SP20 on sides or better leave it with company fitted tint that saves your money. Its your choice now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks