Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 00:37   #451
Senior - BHPian

Llumar vs. 3M vs. V-Kool

Guys,

How would you rank these brands for side/rear sun-filming?
Old 9th November 2009, 06:20   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

How would you rank these brands for side/rear sun-filming?
Price wise --> V-Kool >> Llumar >> 3M

They all have got same specification for different ranges i.e.
  • Best for front shield : V-Kool 70 / Llumar air65 / 3M CR70
  • Warranty: Only Llumar give 7 years, rest both gives 5 Years
  • 3M is the cheapest of them all and best
  • Garware icecool is even cheaper then 3M and termed as best VFM, but experts at TBHP dont recommend it.
  • Attach is a comparative excel file among them for windshield.
Attached Files
File Type: xls WindscreenFilmComparison.xls (31.0 KB, 1364 views)
Old 17th November 2009, 01:06   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Price wise --> V-Kool >> Llumar >> 3M

They all have got same specification for different ranges i.e.
  • Best for front shield : V-Kool 70 / Llumar air65 / 3M CR70
  • Warranty: Only Llumar give 7 years, rest both gives 5 Years
  • 3M is the cheapest of them all and best
  • Garware icecool is even cheaper then 3M and termed as best VFM, but experts at TBHP dont recommend it.
  • Attach is a comparative excel file among them for windshield.
Thanks alot for the comparison would appreciate Prices for all the Sunfilms,like Llumar prices aren't mentioned
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:34   #454
Senior - BHPian

Slight correction. V-Kool gives lifetime warranty.
Old 26th November 2009, 02:27   #455
Senior - BHPian

Any really good dealers in Pune?

Need to change the films on our Esteem asap. Anybody in Pune knows a place that does the job well at competitive prices? Asking because I can't stand shoddy jobs. Do company people come home or better still have a facility with trained personnel to do the job? Any contact numbers, etc., would be really appreciated.

Also, while on a budget, which would be the best options? It is difficult to go thru the entire thread, but I gather that Garware is the best VFM and Llumar and 3M come next. Have I got it right? Any indications wrt. prices would be very much appreciated, as can't afford to spend more on the car at the moment.

The primary requirement of the film is to keep the interiors cool, given the Esteems poor cooling abilities. UV filtering, scratch resistance, durability, privacy, etc., etc., come a close second.

Also, how do I make sure the stuff I get is genuine? Do all the brands have warranty cards for the same? Anything else I should keep in mind? Its the 1st time I'm doing this stuff, so any inputs would be really appreciated.
Old 26th November 2009, 10:04   #456
BHPian

Am confused too

I am getting my Ritz ZXi delivered in 2 weeks time. I want to get the side windows and rear glass tinted. My main requirement is good heat rejection, I am not really into cool looks etc. My car's color is Black.

I had zeroed down to 3M before reading this thread. Now I am confused between 3M and Garware. I am running very tight on the budget, so looking for best VFM sun film.

One car accessories shop in Marathalli is quoting 3500/- for 3M RE50/RE70 for side/rear glasses. Please suggest if I can get Garware sun film with similar spces at lesser price. Suggest me a good place to get the films installed too.
Old 26th November 2009, 10:21   #457
Team-BHP Support

Gandhi, Go for Llumar or 3M. I'm just not convinced with Garware especially in Bangalore as I have heard support is not great here but very good in Mumbai.

I went for Llumar Steel 35 for my Toyota Altis and it cost me 5,300. The Ritz will be much cheaper.

I found the best rates at Car Fancy on koramangala 80 feet road. Thouqeer runs the shop and is also a member here.

You can try other places as well.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:34   #458
BHPian

I'm coming straight from Tint Mart (PitStop) on Richmond Road. This guy looked professional and he had one more brand for which he was pushing. The brand is KoolTint (Koll Tint + The Clear Heat Control Film). The specs are much better than 3M and Llumar.

He is quoting 4750/- for Spectra series with following specs.

Visible Light Transmittance 60%
Visible Light Reflected 9%
Total Solar Transmittance 42%
Total Solar Reflectance 9%
Total Solar Absorbance 39%
Shading Coefficient 0.75%
Total Solar Energy Rejected 73%

Does anyone have any experience with either TintMart or Kool Tint brand?
Old 26th November 2009, 12:49   #459
Team-BHP Support

TintMart is good but his prices are very high. He pushes KoolTint but noone else deals with that brand in Bangalore and it is not a known brand from what I know.

The specs look better yes but it was not a risk I was ready to take.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:54   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Thanks alot for the comparison would appreciate Prices for all the Sunfilms,like Llumar prices aren't mentioned
I paid Rs 4800 for G37 spec film for the Corrolla and BMW each and Rs 12,000 for the ML. This should give you an indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm coming straight from Tint Mart (PitStop) on Richmond Road. This guy looked professional and he had one more brand for which he was pushing. The brand is KoolTint (Koll Tint + The Clear Heat Control Film). The specs are much better than 3M and Llumar.

Why dont you get another brand? I am sure there has to be a reduction in price if i paid Rs 4800 for Llumar film on the corolla and Bmw 3 series and you want to have the Ritz tinted right.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:27   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I found the best rates at Car Fancy on koramangala 80 feet road. Thouqeer runs the shop and is also a member here.
Can you please PM me this guy's number?
Old 26th November 2009, 15:49   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One car accessories shop in Marathalli is quoting 3500/- for 3M RE50/RE70 for side/rear glasses. Please suggest if I can get Garware sun film with similar spces at lesser price. Suggest me a good place to get the films installed too.
Did you try shops in J C Road?

Car Automobiles in J C Road quoted INR2400 for 3M side/rear including installation and 2 years warranty. For the front windshield, they quoted INR6K for 3M brand.

They said that Garware is available at INR950 with 1 year warranty.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:50   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Need to change the films on our Esteem asap. Anybody in Pune knows a place that does the job well at competitive prices? Asking because I can't stand shoddy jobs. Do company people come home or better still have a facility with trained personnel to do the job? Any contact numbers, etc., would be really appreciated.

Also, while on a budget, which would be the best options? It is difficult to go thru the entire thread, but I gather that Garware is the best VFM and Llumar and 3M come next. Have I got it right? Any indications wrt. prices would be very much appreciated, as can't afford to spend more on the car at the moment.

The primary requirement of the film is to keep the interiors cool, given the Esteems poor cooling abilities. UV filtering, scratch resistance, durability, privacy, etc., etc., come a close second.

Also, how do I make sure the stuff I get is genuine? Do all the brands have warranty cards for the same? Anything else I should keep in mind? Its the 1st time I'm doing this stuff, so any inputs would be really appreciated.
Try contacting Mr.Sunil, he running accessories shop in Darshan tires, Vimannagar premises. He is direct partner/dealer something of 3M & his people good job. For 3M you can get good quote from him.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:49   #464
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
TintMart is good but his prices are very high. He pushes KoolTint but noone else deals with that brand in Bangalore and it is not a known brand from what I know.

The specs look better yes but it was not a risk I was ready to take.

There is something really very fishy about TintMart and their KoolTint! It looks like a fake brand to me. They push it by saying they are the only dealers for it in bangalore. "Look for it on the net", they said. I did (like i always do), and the funny thing is, the Kooltintusa website is created by the TintMart/Pitstop people themselves through a webdesign company in bangalore! There is no mention of this brand anywhere else on the web. Every other brand has a mention in the tinting forums worldwide, except this!
And finally, if you look carefully at the specs, their front window sunfilms, Premium CL90 & Elegent 75 (includes wrong spelling), claim to have TSER of 90 & 92% while letting in visible light of 90 & 75%. let me tell you something, that is impossible for a clear film to achieve, even by themselves as their Spectra Black IR 20 TSER is only 67% while letting in only 20% visible light!! when i had mentioned this to them some time ago, they had said, "ok, don't buy it then, buy v-kool". They probably realised, this guy has done his research!
i have a feeling, they are getting this film from some local or chinese manufacturer, branding it and duping the public.
BEWARE!
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:47   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
... when i had mentioned this to them some time ago, they had said, "ok, don't buy it then, buy v-kool". They probably realised, this guy has done his research!
i have a feeling, they are getting this film from some local or chinese manufacturer, branding it and duping the public.
BEWARE!
They not willing to discuss the subject further is a tell tale sign of this KoolTint being fake!!! They should be knowing what they are selling and engage customers in a conversation on the product. I would avoid buying even branded products from this shop.

Last edited by sbraj : 2nd December 2009 at 19:48.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks