Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:48   #466
Senior - BHPian

Is it true that turning on the defogger can peel off the rear window sunfilm from the heat ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:53   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Try contacting Mr.Sunil, he running accessories shop in Darshan tires, Vimannagar premises. He is direct partner/dealer something of 3M & his people good job. For 3M you can get good quote from him.
Vimannagar would be like really far for me. Thanks a heap anyway... Will mebbe check it out, if I don't get better leads on my side of town (Kothrud/Deccan/etc).
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:00   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
They not willing to discuss the subject further is a tell tale sign of this KoolTint being fake!!! They should be knowing what they are selling and engage customers in a conversation on the product. I would avoid buying even branded products from this shop.
and they invariably say, "it's an american product". what bollocks. just naming the website kooltintusa doesnt make anything american!
i feel they should just say its an indian or chinese sunfilm which they are marketing instead of trying to mislead customers.
and i too did not want to buy anything from there. and i actually know the owners from the last 13-14 years!
Old 9th December 2009, 14:18   #469
BHPian

Anyone heard about Huper Optik window tints? How good is it..seems to be some new nano technology which is better than v-cool metallic stuff...I was qouted a price of 13K for Fiest 1.6 Sxi - all windows (side+rear+front windshield) from Chennai Ford.
Old 13th December 2009, 10:18   #470
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Anyone heard about Huper Optik window tints? How good is it..seems to be some new nano technology which is better than v-cool metallic stuff...I was qouted a price of 13K for Fiest 1.6 Sxi - all windows (side+rear+front windshield) from Chennai Ford.
Stay away from Huper Optik. Go for established brands discussed here !
Old 13th December 2009, 10:31   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Huper optik is an established brand with positive reviews. At least a few people have it in team-bhp.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:47   #472
BHPian

How is carax, pune for sunfilms? I got a quote for 3M CR70 @6500/- for windscreen and ice cool grande for 4 doors and rear window @ 6400/-.

I would like to know if their work is good and are the prices reasonable.
Old 15th December 2009, 17:02   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz_vasu View Post
Huper optik is an established brand with positive reviews. At least a few people have it in team-bhp.

the absolute best sunfilm, thats huper optik.
if you're lookin for a light tint with maximum heat reduction...this is the film for you. not even v-kool comes close, especially in the looks department and its slightly cheaper. in the US and parts of Europe, people swear by this film. in india, not many dealers and they dont market it well, they focus on building glazing tints because there is more money in that.
if you're not convinced, do a google lookup on huper optik reviews...you'll see!
Old 16th December 2009, 15:31   #474
BHPian

Hi All,

Huper Optik is distributed by Opulent India. More details @ Opulent. You can contact them for locating local dealers in your city.
Why do they call it better than most? Because it is metal free and dye free, so it does not cause interference to your GPS devices and Car antennas (on the windscreen like in the Tata Safari).
How much does it cost? I don't know, but would sure like to find out.

IMHO those who are planning to get accessories for their cars in NCR region, should wait till the Auto Expo starting 5th Jan 10. There is a fair chance you might get something different / better then.

Cheers
Old 18th December 2009, 00:27   #475

hi guys,

i was looking for a very light shaded sun film with good heat rejection for my linea and came across ice cool from garware with a light green shade, it was told to me that it will be priced around 10k, Is that price correct and how good is the film @ heat rejection ?
Old 21st December 2009, 17:44   #476

Huper-Optik Sun Film

Hi,

I Spoke to one Mr A Rao from Opulent . They are the sole distributors of Huper-Optek. I had left my contact details at their web site and they called me back. Opulent

He gave me some product info on Huper-Optik sun films. He said the films employed nano technology based ceramics to reduce the heat unlike other films which are metallic. He mentioned the fact that all specs were rated better than 3M/VKool films. He said the films are not sold in the open market or to other vendors. They are the sole vendors and they themselves have a place to do the install. They can also come and install the film at one's residence. He has also offered to show me a demo of the heat reduction at their office which is near Banashankari/Bank Colony Bangalore.

Overall I am impressed by the technical specs, but the film is a little bit expensive (though not as much as VKool).

For my Fiat Punto he quoted Rs 5600 which includes a 5 Year warranty. He said he might give a 5% discount on this. I also have got a quote of Rs 4000 for 3M sun film. Both are for the Sides and Rear. For the front windshield they have varieties which range from Rs 3000 to Rs 10000.

Has anybody opted for Huper Optik film? Any reviews on the film will help. Are the quotes for the film Expensive?

thanks,
Kart
Old 21st December 2009, 19:01   #477
BHPian

Kart/ItMyLife
will it be possible for you to post a VLT 50% and VLT 70% compliant film ratings from Huper (for sides and front respectively) with their TSER, IR/UV rejection ratings please. Also do the films come with any hue/tint like Golddust from Vkool for sides.

Alternatively can you PM me Huper Optik's contact person no.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2009, 19:33   #478
BHPian

Just finished installing Huper-Optik on all windows on my 2 day old Fiesta SXi. Thoroughly professional job. Will take appx 7-10 days for drying up (in chennai, the weather is humid - it is raining here).

Front - KLAR70 - 70% visibility appx 6800/- incl taxes
Rear+Sides - CR50, Ceramic 50% visibility appx 6700/- including taxes
Total cost 13046/- including taxes. Installation done in 2.5 hrs.

I think it is marginally higher than 3M but way less than VKool.

Details here : Opulent
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:51   #479
BHPian

So from the specs available at the huper web site, the KLAR 70/CR50 quality is nearly same as RE 70/50 of 3M, but inferior to VKool 70/Golddust or 3M CR70/CR50 by a long way.

The pricing reflects the same as well.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:43   #480

Huper-Optik Sun Film specs

@adzegeek

Below are the specs from the Huper Optik Website.

For rear/Sides
Sun Film-huper1.jpg

For the Front windshield.

Sun Film-huper2.jpg

The contact person for Bangalore was A Rao. His number is
"98805 - 73000". For other regions if you leave your contact details on their web site they should call you back.

Kart
Closed Thread

Most Viewed