Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 10:40   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
What do you mean by anitglare,the shiny reflecting one? then yes it is illegal.

The transparency level is 70% ,so next time check and install it.

In chennai i dont think cops are questioning on it
Yeah, its very much transparent that's why its on the front windshield too. I don't know the specs of the film, but from a side angle its reflective but not like the normal ones. But once you see it from straight line its just like a tinted glass. Night visibility from inside is also not an issue. I'll take a snap and post for clarification.

No one'd stopped me till now, but my friend says its illegal hence the post.
Old 13th July 2010, 13:06   #602
BHPian

Hi all,

could anyone kindly confirm the spec and model for sun films that tend to have a metallic shade to them with a light greenish tint. In my opinion these films look great on Silver color cars.

Q: Is this 3M RE 35 film and how much would it cost to get it done on the sides and back ?
Q: Are these legal in the Bangalore zone ?
Old 13th July 2010, 16:42   #603
BHPian

I have booked a Tata Manza Red, can any one suggest me which sun flim Brand should I go for, and if possible its shade no.

Also , how are sun Flims applied? I mean does it require to remove the whole glass and then apply the flim??
Any idea where in Mumbai I can get get the Sun flim applied and cost?
Old 16th July 2010, 18:27   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLord View Post
Garware Ice cool is very effective for sides and rear, it has been highly spoken about by BHP'ians. Recently got them installed, the installer did a super job of putting it (took his time, but worth it) on Innova. The accessories shop (Carax) was suggesting 3M for front with 70% visibility, would need 100% visibility to ensure safe driving. Hence decided against, it would not help in heat rejection. That said, given an option of choosing safety .vs. extra fuel to churn the A/C, would choose the later hands down.
Could you please mention some details about that place? Where is that place? Are their prices competitive? How long did they take to do the job?
Old 16th July 2010, 18:30   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Could you please mention some details about that place? Where is that place? Are their prices competitive? How long did they take to do the job?
If you are looking for sun filming I know areliable guy who does it for whole sale pricing. PM me if you need his details. I am assuming you are from Pune!

P.S I got my Figo's sunfilming done from him. Llumar AIR 75 and steel 35
Old 16th July 2010, 21:31   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
If you are looking for sun filming I know areliable guy who does it for whole sale pricing. PM me if you need his details. I am assuming you are from Pune!

P.S I got my Figo's sunfilming done from him. Llumar AIR 75 and steel 35
Anilisanil, please put up the details here so that others from Pune can benefit from it. Moreover, I would appreciate if you can create a thread in the TBHP Directories for the same.
Old 17th July 2010, 11:28   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Great! What price did you pay and from where did you get it?
Got it done for 2k for the entire.. from Discar in Pitampura (near Rani Bagh market).
Got the bill plus the film has the 3M logo marks on it..
Old 29th July 2010, 11:20   #608
BHPian

Guys, I got i10 sun filmed at the dealer during delivery. However, I am not happy with the installation. I am going to request the dealer to re-install it during my first service which is due 18/20th of Aug.

Can you please suggest me good, economical sun film for all windows, boot, windscreen with good heat reflection and that is semi transparent.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:21   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Guys, I got i10 sun filmed at the dealer during delivery. However, I am not happy with the installation. I am going to request the dealer to re-install it during my first service which is due 18/20th of Aug.

Can you please suggest me good, economical sun film for all windows, boot, windscreen with good heat reflection and that is semi transparent.
Garware Classic is an economical option and from 3M's stable, RE series is there. Heat Rejection is near about 45% in both and they're available in various Visible Light Transmission (VLT) categories.
Old 14th August 2010, 01:41   #610
BHPian

Quote:
VKool overall has high prices comapred to the rest. Garware, 3M and LLumar have different varieties which are equally competitive considering various budgets, so technically I won't term Garware the lowest but yes, amongst the cheapest if you go for Architectural Rolls.
Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

So which film performs better, has a higher heat rejection rate with atleast 50% visibility.
Old 14th August 2010, 16:39   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

So which film performs better, has a higher heat rejection rate with atleast 50% visibility.
You're welcome. The reputed brands have an extensive lineup catering to different requirements, you need to check with the dealers for a better idea.
Old 14th August 2010, 21:06   #612
Senior - BHPian

Anybody heard of global sun films ?

One auto accessory shop guy was recommending this brand. The heat rejection is better than 3M films for the corresponding shades (as mentioned in the respective brochures). Prices were similar to 3M for corresponding heat rejection level films.

Rohan
Old 17th August 2010, 19:53   #613
BHPian

Quote:
You're welcome. The reputed brands have an extensive lineup catering to different requirements, you need to check with the dealers for a better idea.
Thanks, will check with the chevy dealer on this one. I think (correct me if i am wrong) the dealer will providing legal sunfilms only. So just to be on the safer side (read cops) i will check with the dealer on the options i got

Will post the updates here
Old 17th August 2010, 21:19   #614
Senior - BHPian

Rohan, never heard of Global and anyhow, the dealer pricing them in 3M's range is ridiculous, high chances that he's earning more by selling Global over 3M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks, will check with the chevy dealer on this one. I think (correct me if i am wrong) the dealer will providing legal sunfilms only. So just to be on the safer side (read cops) i will check with the dealer on the options i got

Will post the updates here
It depends on the customer's preference and dealer's stand. You emphasize on a legal sunfilm.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:30   #615
Senior - BHPian

suggest sufilms for 5K budget

Hi Guys,

I am looking for sun films for my new car - Honda Jazz. I have already stretched my budget for the car and hence do not have much vitamin M left! My budget for sun film is 5k max.

I am looking for somewhat dark tints as my car is white,but not very dark. At the same time, I want to have decent visibility even after installing the sun film. No windscreen sunfilm, only for the side and back. Please suggest some good sunfilms in the range - I am thinking of Garware/Vkool.
what sort of warranties are provided by those brands? Also please let me know of any good accessory shop or dealers of the recommended brands in Hyderabad.
Another question - Any issues/precautions to be taken while installing sun film at the back since there is rear defogger and wiper?

Last edited by adimicra : 17th August 2010 at 21:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks