Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 21:37   #616
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for sun films for my new car - Honda Jazz. I have already stretched my budget for the car and hence do not have much vitamin M left! My budget for sun film is 5k max.

I am looking for somewhat dark tints as my car is white,but not very dark. At the same time, I want to have decent visibility even after installing the sun film. No windscreen sunfilm, only for the side and back. Please suggest some good sunfilms in the range - I am thinking of Garware/Vkool.
what sort of warranties are provided by those brands? Also please let me know of any good accessory shop or dealers of the recommended brands in Hyderabad
The Jazz has a huge glass area, I would suggest 35% tints for you. Only 50% is allowed but I think the police are strict about tints only in Dehli. Look at 3M RE35, it does a very good job and will look great on a white car.

Visibility from inside is as good as before.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:31   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The Jazz has a huge glass area, I would suggest 35% tints for you. Only 50% is allowed but I think the police are strict about tints only in Dehli. Look at 3M RE35, it does a very good job and will look great on a white car.

Visibility from inside is as good as before.
Thanks Akshay for your prompt reply! The Jazz indeed has a huge glass area and so sunfilm is a must! Will the 3M RE35 come within my budget? How can I find the authorized 3M dealers in Hyderabad? Is it available in their website? I will have a look anyways. And what exactly is 35% - sorry but I am having absolutely zero funda about sun films! Also, what is the warranty give my 3M?

Last edited by adimicra : 17th August 2010 at 22:32.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:41   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay for your prompt reply! The Jazz indeed has a huge glass area and so sunfilm is a must! Will the 3M RE35 come within my budget? How can I find the authorized 3M dealers in Hyderabad? Is it available in their website? I will have a look anyways. And what exactly is 35% - sorry but I am having absolutely zero funda about sun films! Also, what is the warranty give my 3M?
3M India: Contact 3M
Call the number given on this page and ask for the sunfilm dealer in Hyd. RE35 will be in your budget, infact around 4.5k if im right.

35% is the visible light transmitted. 100% being totally clear from the outside, this film is 35%. From the inside it will just be a tiny difference from clear glass.

This will make a huge difference in the ac cooling. But for full effect get windscreen sunfilm too, even if later.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:50   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
3M India: Contact 3M
Call the number given on this page and ask for the sunfilm dealer in Hyd. RE35 will be in your budget, infact around 4.5k if im right.

35% is the visible light transmitted. 100% being totally clear from the outside, this film is 35%. From the inside it will just be a tiny difference from clear glass.

This will make a huge difference in the ac cooling. But for full effect get windscreen sunfilm too, even if later.
Thanks Akshay! I checked with the 3M distributor. He quote around 4.5K.
Any particular things to keep in mind while I get it done? He said there is a 3-year warranty on the sun film.
Before you rpelied, I thought 3M products are expensive and comapnies like Llumar and Garware provide similar or better quality sun films at a lower price. You have any idea about Llumar/garware?
Old 19th August 2010, 20:44   #620
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay! I checked with the 3M distributor. He quote around 4.5K.
Any particular things to keep in mind while I get it done? He said there is a 3-year warranty on the sun film.
Before you rpelied, I thought 3M products are expensive and comapnies like Llumar and Garware provide similar or better quality sun films at a lower price. You have any idea about Llumar/garware?
Welcome, anytime. Well Llumar and Garware are similar, garware being the Indian brand will probably be a little cheaper. But all three of these and Vkools lower ranges (which are much more expensive) are about the same. So it all comes down to personal preference. Ive used 3M RE35 on 2 of my cars for about 4 years and it was as good as the first day. Im planning 3M SP20 on my Accord now.

Also the heat rejection of RE35 for the price is excellent. And i think your white Jazz will look really good with it.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:58   #621
BHPian

MODS: I was not able to get apt information after searching, hence asking the query here.

Hello guys, i have recently got the delivery of my tata nano Lx. The car comes with tinted glass. I want to install sun films in my car. When i checked with the tata dealer, kulathunkal motors, the only one they have is of Autographix. Can any one please let me know how good this company is? And the other options that i have in mind are Garware ice cool or something of 3M.

And, what is the legal limit of visibility? Is it 70% even for the side windows?
Old 25th August 2010, 14:08   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay, you seem to have good info on Sunfilms too.

You think 3M RE35 for my White Annihilator would also work?

Will the pricing be same?
Old 25th August 2010, 15:48   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Akshay, you seem to have good info on Sunfilms too.

You think 3M RE35 for my White Annihilator would also work?

Will the pricing be same?
Personally I think it will look great. But it is a reflective film and looks are subjective. You might be looking for something black in which case a Llumar 35% might make more sense. But again i think RE35 will look great on a white car.

Price will be the same. I was quoted 4.5k for my Accord so seems theyre charging the same for all cars.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:41   #624
BHPian

guys, is Garware Icecool used only for the windshield? And have anyone of you heard about a company called "CARBON". They offer 5 years warranty for the film. Any idea?
Old 26th August 2010, 15:36   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
MODS: I was not able to get apt information after searching, hence asking the query here.

Hello guys, i have recently got the delivery of my tata nano Lx. The car comes with tinted glass. I want to install sun films in my car. When i checked with the tata dealer, kulathunkal motors, the only one they have is of Autographix. Can any one please let me know how good this company is? And the other options that i have in mind are Garware ice cool or something of 3M.

And, what is the legal limit of visibility? Is it 70% even for the side windows?
Congratulations on the Nano !

The legal limits are:
- 70% for front and rear
- 50% for the sides

But these limits are not strictly enforced in all states. If the cops are slightly lenient in your state, I would suggest installing sunfilm with 35% VLT (visible light transmission) on sides and rear. This is just my personal opinion - I feel 50% is too light and 20% is too dark.

Choose from any of the reputed brands mentioned on this thread (depending on your budget) - Garware, Llumar, 3M, Vkool and many more.

Sunfilm can be installed at any reputed auto accessory shop. Its not necessary to get it done at the Tata dealer. But for any electrical accessory for Nano, please stick to Tata dealer.

Rohan
Old 26th August 2010, 16:59   #626
Senior - BHPian

I have decided to go for the RE35 sun film for my car (white Jazz) as suggested by Akshay.
Now, I got a quote of 4.5K outside and 5.6K from the Honda dealer!
My question is -
Is there any risk of getting it done from outside? I am little worried because jazz is not a hot selling model and also it got front and rear quarter glasses?
I heard of some issue like - rattling sound, problem with power windows, central locking if the sun films are not fitted properly!
What do you guys recommend?
I really do not want to take a chance for 1K!
Old 26th August 2010, 17:26   #627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have decided to go for the RE35 sun film for my car (white Jazz) as suggested by Akshay.
My question is -
Is there any risk of getting it done from outside? I am little worried because jazz is not a hot selling model and also it got front and rear quarter glasses?
I heard of some issue like - rattling sound, problem with power windows, central locking if the sun films are not fitted properly!
It should not be a problem if done from outside. Dont worry. Make sure they use only one piece for the rear windsheild and not 3.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:40   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Congratulations on the Nano !

The legal limits are:
- 70% for front and rear
- 50% for the sides

But these limits are not strictly enforced in all states. If the cops are slightly lenient in your state, I would suggest installing sunfilm with 35% VLT (visible light transmission) on sides and rear. This is just my personal opinion - I feel 50% is too light and 20% is too dark.

Choose from any of the reputed brands mentioned on this thread (depending on your budget) - Garware, Llumar, 3M, Vkool and many more.

Sunfilm can be installed at any reputed auto accessory shop. Its not necessary to get it done at the Tata dealer. But for any electrical accessory for Nano, please stick to Tata dealer.

Rohan
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I have to decided between 35 and 50. Need to have a look at it tomorrow. Got a quote of Rs.3500 for the 3M CS and around Rs.4300 for the 3M RE. Is it reasonable? This includes the sides and the rear. Garware Icecool elite costs around Rs.6000!
Old 27th August 2010, 10:41   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My question is -
If the difference is only 1K, I would suggest you to get it done at the Honda dealer itself. They would be familiar with the vehicle and take extra care for not causing damage to any electricals.

While installing sunfilms from outside shops, there is a small chance of damage to electricals like power windows, remote locking and rear defogger, if the installation is done carelessly.

Damage to these can happen at the Honda dealer also, but in that case you can always insist that the dealer should fix the problem free of cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I have to decided between 35 and 50. Need to have a look at it tomorrow. Got a quote of Rs.3500 for the 3M CS and around Rs.4300 for the 3M RE. Is it reasonable? This includes the sides and the rear. Garware Icecool elite costs around Rs.6000!
The prices vary across states, so I can't comment on this. Members from KL may kindly help.

The price quoted for Garware Icecool seems to be very high. At 6K, VKool would be a better option.

Please inquire prices at 2-3 places before finalising.

Rohan
Old 27th August 2010, 12:33   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If the difference is only 1K, I would suggest you to get it done at the Honda dealer itself. They would be familiar with the vehicle and take extra care for not causing damage to any electricals.

While installing sunfilms from outside shops, there is a small chance of damage to electricals like power windows, remote locking and rear defogger, if the installation is done carelessly.

Damage to these can happen at the Honda dealer also, but in that case you can always insist that the dealer should fix the problem free of cost.

The prices vary across states, so I can't comment on this. Members from KL may kindly help.

The price quoted for Garware Icecool seems to be very high. At 6K, VKool would be a better option.

Please inquire prices at 2-3 places before finalising.

Rohan
Thanks rohit...I have given it to the dealer.
I managed to get it free of cost by exchanging some other accessory which was promised by the dealer.
I am guessing that the 3M RE35 marks will be available on the sun film so that I can verify that they have indeed fitted the right one.

Thanks
Adi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed