Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 19:44   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
One of my friends installed Garware film for his new i20 in all glasses including windshield for Rs2000.00 from Car style, Padivattom, Cochin. The dealer says that its a Christmas offer from Garware. I checked the windshield and its not any Icecool/Arctic cool variety but just says Garware F.R.O.N.T.Y and VLT70%.

Any BHPs got any info about it from any other dealer?
I would check it up with the local Garware office here tomorrow morning, but I believe that there is no product known as the FRONTY available from them. Would you be aware if the offer is only limited to certain cities or for the entire country?

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 6th December 2010 at 19:47.
Old 15th December 2010, 00:04   #722
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sun Film

Did the sun filming on my Colorado red figo today. Was quoted 2.8K for garware classic, 3.2K for autographix and 4K for 3M. Went for Autographix as it was the only one with black color.
But there is no details of the VLT, etc. anywhere on the packaging or on the net.
Has anyone else used this and can someone tell me if I made the right choice.
Old 15th December 2010, 00:16   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Yes i got the global sunfilm installed from autoshop in Koramangala on Saturday, I believe Global is better when compared side by side with Llumar.And yes it is highly recommended by the guys at Autoshop. They say its an international brand and all. All i needed was better heat rejection without compromising much on visibility.

In using for a few days i feel its good, Visibility is not that bad although it looks pretty dark from the outside. Anyone else got Global?
I've been using Global for the last 1 month and I'm extremely satisfied with it. Even I got it installed from Autoshop.
Old 15th December 2010, 00:50   #724
BHPian

After using both Garware and Lumar i would recommend the former both quality and value for money wise.
Garware is available at half the rate of Lumar and produce better result as well. And Garware does have front windshield film with 70vlt.
Old 16th December 2010, 22:52   #725
Senior - BHPian

How about autographix? has anyone at all used it? or even heard of it? I need to know the VLT. there is no info on the pack except that it is 2-ply and the importer's address.
Old 17th December 2010, 09:23   #726
BHPian

I'd recommend Garware too. Got it done on my Punto and am extremely satisfied. i have the HP-Series 20% visibility (Grey Shade) on the sides and back. And got the Ice-Cool 70 with 70 VLT on the front. It costed me 6k in all;sides,back and front.

I got the number of the Garware regional sales guy and he sent the installer home to install it. The installer was sort-off a freelancer (doorstep installing) and says he works for most of the brands, like V-Kool, LLumar, 3M etc. He claimed that 3M buys their raw Sunfilm material from Garware and then rebrands them. Cant be sure though? He also said that most of his clients are dissatisfied with performance is V-Kool.

Before this I took a quote from V-Kool on richmond road and their basic range for sides starts from 6k and front from 15K. I thought its a lil too much, considering the value one gets out of Garware.
Old 25th December 2010, 16:31   #727
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to install sunfilm on i20.

I got a quote of rs. 5500 for garware classic and front windshield. the front windshield has 70% visibility and 50% heat rejection, don't know the model number of that, the sides and rear will have garware classic which has 35% visibility and is similar to 3M's RE35. I am opting for garware package since 3m's re35 is not in stock.

is this a good buy at rs.5500?

Please advice
Old 25th December 2010, 17:59   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I got a quote of rs. 5500 for garware classic and front windshield.
I dunno, but I got Garware Classic 50% VLT on the sides and 70% VLT at the back done for Rs.1900.
Its got Garware and the VLT % embossed on it. 5500 seems a bit steep. But maybe its a different grade for the front windshield.

BTW, are there any instances here of removal of sun film from the back without damaging the defogger coils ?

EDIT : What I thought was good VFM and cheap, I went through a few posts on this thread and noticed that I have rather paid more for the Classic Natural Grey. LOL! More as in a few hundred bucks.

Last edited by sajo : 25th December 2010 at 18:11.
Old 25th December 2010, 23:59   #729
BHPian

Just a week before I got my car installed with garware international series . It has heat rejection of 35 % as per the company . The results are simply fantastic , it seems to reject more than 50% . Cost me just 1400 for entire ' Adventure' excluding windshield .
Old 26th December 2010, 10:02   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I dunno, but I got Garware Classic 50% VLT on the sides and 70% VLT at the back done for Rs.1900.
Its got Garware and the VLT % embossed on it. 5500 seems a bit steep. But maybe its a different grade for the front windshield.

BTW, are there any instances here of removal of sun film from the back without damaging the defogger coils ?

EDIT : What I thought was good VFM and cheap, I went through a few posts on this thread and noticed that I have rather paid more for the Classic Natural Grey. LOL! More as in a few hundred bucks.
Here is what i got.

For sides and rear, its Garware Classic. It has 35% visibility and 70% heat rejection.

For front windshield i got Garware Ice Cool that has 70% visibility and 50% heat rejection.

the final price i paid was rs. 5200 and i also got turtle wax leather polish (rs. 400) free along with small freebies like car perfume, Indian flag and shampoo.

the price on the Garware rolls were rs. 3500 and rs. 2500 for front and sides resp.

Last edited by chevelle : 26th December 2010 at 10:07.
Old 26th December 2010, 16:12   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I got the number of the Garware regional sales guy and he sent the installer home to install it. The installer was sort-off a freelancer (doorstep installing) and says he works for most of the brands, like V-Kool, LLumar, 3M etc. He claimed that 3M buys their raw Sunfilm material from Garware and then rebrands them. Cant be sure though? He also said that most of his clients are dissatisfied with performance is V-Kool.
I do not agree here. Having used Garware, I agree they are good and VFM but not to the extent that 3M buys films from Garware. 3M is a global brand and sells sun-films all over the world. They couldnt possibly be buying sun-films from Garware and selling all over the world. Also I have installed 3M on my other car and feel 3M is definitely superior.
About Vkool, i definitely agree it might not be worth the exorbitant cost they demand but definitely are good performers. Other Vkool users might judge better.
Old 27th December 2010, 03:15   #732
Senior - BHPian

@razrman, Have you heard of Autographix?
Can anyone shed light on the VLT and heat rejection?
Old 4th January 2011, 16:37   #733
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I have not noticed much of an improvement in the AC performance after I got sunfilms on the sides and the rear. It is perceptible ofcourse, but not a drastic improvement as I was expecting. I have posted some pics here.
Old 5th January 2011, 21:10   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am planning to install sunfilm on i20.

I got a quote of rs. 5500 for garware classic and front windshield. the front windshield has 70% visibility and 50% heat rejection, don't know the model number of that, the sides and rear will have garware classic which has 35% visibility and is similar to 3M's RE35. I am opting for garware package since 3m's re35 is not in stock.

is this a good buy at rs.5500?

Please advice
I think 5500 is a bit too steep. You could go in for 3m CS series. It has heat rejection close to 50% (CS20) and would cost something close to 3600 for sides and rear. On the front windshield you could go for the garware one. Not that Garware is bad, I have definitely found 3M to be superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
To be honest, I have not noticed much of an improvement in the AC performance after I got sunfilms on the sides and the rear. It is perceptible ofcourse, but not a drastic improvement as I was expecting.
Really? Which sunfilm are you using? whats the heat rejection? Because I switched over from Garware (30% heat rejection) to 3M (50% heat rejection) and found a drastic difference between the two, leave alone in the absence of sun films. Now I keep my AC close to 25 and the car is cool. (Earlier, in the absence of sf, I used to keep on 21 for similar cooling)

Last edited by razrman : 5th January 2011 at 21:12.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:25   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Really? Which sunfilm are you using? whats the heat rejection? Because I switched over from Garware (30% heat rejection) to 3M (50% heat rejection) and found a drastic difference between the two, leave alone in the absence of sun films. Now I keep my AC close to 25 and the car is cool. (Earlier, in the absence of sf, I used to keep on 21 for similar cooling)
I am using Garware Classic Lite. 50% VLT (35% heat rejection) on the sides and 70% VLT at the back. No film on the windscreen. I set the ACC to about 24 degrees.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks