Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 11:34   #736
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am using Garware Classic Lite. 50% VLT (35% heat rejection) on the sides and 70% VLT at the back. No film on the windscreen. I set the ACC to about 24 degrees.
Not surprised you dont find a difference. That sunfilm is terrible. I got it free from the showroom on my Punto, and boy it didnt make any difference.

Change it to 3M or Vkool 35/50% sides and back and see the difference. Should cost 4500.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:38   #737
Senior - BHPian

I have Ggarware NF lite on my Ritz, the heat reduction is 45%, the film is according to the norms of CMVR, this particular film is priced at 3300 INR, and usually retailed at anywhere from 2500 to MRP, though I got it for free.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:08   #738
BHPian

Hi Everybody!!

I have a question!! Last year around the same time I got Lumar sunfilm installed in my car with 30% visibility all around except for the front windshield for 2K Rs from Gyro. He told me that a guy comes from Lumar itself and installs the Sun Film and it righly happened this way. I was also happy with the finish of the work.

My issue is after an year the Front Window Films have become lighter in comparison to rear windows. (Although this saved me from cops a couple of times ) but I want to know is Films getting Light over time a normal phenomenon even with good films.

Thanks
Old 6th January 2011, 13:59   #739
Senior - BHPian

^^No, good suncontrol sunfilms come with color fade warranty, e.g Garware films come with 3 years and 3M with 5 years.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:23   #740
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

just some more information on the Sun Film for the Scorpio Front Windscreen only.
I believe that;
VKOOL film costs about Rs 11000/-
3M costs about Rs 6500/-.
Llumar and others cost about Rs 5000-5500/-

I believe that the price difference for this front windscreen film for a smaller car could be a max of Rs 1000 or so lower.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:01   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
My issue is after an year the Front Window Films have become lighter in comparison to rear windows. (Although this saved me from cops a couple of times ) but I want to know is Films getting Light over time a normal phenomenon even with good films.

Thanks
Good sun films don't fade so easily, especially not in a year. Moreover, the fading has happened only for the front windows in your car, & so I suggest you get in touch with the company itself (llumar) & get it replaced.

The sun films on my car had started showing signs of fading only after about 5 years & this is Garware I am talking about.

Drive safe.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:14   #742
BHPian

I got Garware sun film installed on my i10 today for Rs 950. But the problem is that those guys didn't give me any warranty card and now I found that there are no watermarks. Does this mean that the film is fake? And now I am confused over what to be done on my Linea. Since Linea's AC is not that powerful I need something with better heat rejection. Please recommend some good sun films for my Linea. Also where can I get it done properly in Cochin? Please help.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:36   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
I got Garware sun film installed on my i10 today for Rs 950. But the problem is that those guys didn't give me any warranty card and now I found that there are no watermarks. Does this mean that the film is fake? And now I am confused over what to be done on my Linea. Since Linea's AC is not that powerful I need something with better heat rejection. Please recommend some good sun films for my Linea. Also where can I get it done properly in Cochin? Please help.
I am guessing that the film used on your car came from a film-roll, is it?

If it did come out of a film-roll, then there is no way you can ascertain if the film is indeed genuine or not except probably ask the company office/guy in your area & check with them.

Watermarks are present only on car-packs, not such rolls. And it is with those car packs that you get a warranty card etc stating the film's VLT & other details. Car packs are usually costlier, however the chances of getting a fake are minimized in that, unless you trust the installer & he may have authentic film roll.

Drive safe.
Old 7th January 2011, 02:28   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
AFAIK, Garware range starts from 1800. But for your next car, you could go in for RE or CS series from 3m or steel range from llumar. These are good quality sunfilms with heat rejection close to 50%. There are better ones too, but then it totally depends on how much you are willing to spend. But these are definitely recommended if your cars ac is not powerful. Also simply put your foot down for a warranty card or watermark or else just walk out of the shop. I follow this and it has worked for me.
Old 7th January 2011, 09:05   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
AFAIK, Garware range starts from 1800.
Hey mate, Garware range (if it's car packs) starts from around 1.2K-1.4K (varying from shop to shop). And it is these car packs only that carry any sort of warranty or watermarks on them. However, if the film (Garware only) is in a roll, then there is no warranty on it & there are no watermarks on it. And one can get such films installed in about Rs.600-800 (for a small car; hatchback).

At the end, a film roll from a reputed company is as good or as bad as a car pack, but the advantage of the latter is the assurance in the form of a warranty from the company & also genuineness. With film rolls on the other hand, the installer may actually be using a fake or sub-standard product under the name of Garware or something else.

Drive safe.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:38   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
AFAIK, Garware range starts from 1800.
IIRC, Garware has a range starting from Rs. 900. Sorry, I don't remember the name. The next level is the Garware Classic which starts from 1.2K.

What do you mean by sun film car pack?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:29   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate, Garware range (if it's car packs) starts from around 1.2K-1.4K (varying from shop to shop). And it is these car packs only that carry any sort of warranty or watermarks on them. However, if the film (Garware only) is in a roll, then there is no warranty on it & there are no watermarks on it.
What is the difference between pack and role ? I thought all of them came in sort of those long rectangular tube boxes rolled up.
I think mine came in one too, but has watermarks all over it and got a Garware warranty card as well.
Mine looks like this : image linky.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:46   #748
BHPian

Hello all, I got Garware( the guy said its a scratch resistant one ) not sure about its exact name and he said its 1050 for my Zen and i got it done in JC road but let me tell you the sad part is there is a large amount of air bubble that i see when i clean the car and since my car is black its even more bad and visible. Dont know if i need to go in for a different make, may be a 3m or Vkool but for me i feel its a little on the expensive side i remember the guy quoting 3.5k or 5k respectively.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:48   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate, Garware range (if it's car packs) starts from around 1.2K-1.4K (varying from shop to shop). And it is these car packs only that carry any sort of warranty or watermarks on them. However, if the film (Garware only) is in a roll, then there is no warranty on it & there are no watermarks on it. And one can get such films installed in about Rs.600-800 (for a small car; hatchback).

At the end, a film roll from a reputed company is as good or as bad as a car pack, but the advantage of the latter is the assurance in the form of a warranty from the company & also genuineness. With film rolls on the other hand, the installer may actually be using a fake or sub-standard product under the name of Garware or something else.

Drive safe.
My bad with the pricing. I know shops offering Garware films for 950 or so. But there is a vast difference in the quality of this film and the next immediate range, the Garware classic. This lead me to believe that it was some local film that the shop wanted to pass off as Garware. Not sure though.

What you say about the car pack and film roll is correct. But just to avoid getting fleeced, I always insist on a car pack. If the shopkeeper gives excuses, I simply try next shop. I believe this is a safer way to land yourself a genuine film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
What is the difference between pack and role ? I thought all of them came in sort of those long rectangular tube boxes rolled up.
I think mine came in one too, but has watermarks all over it and got a Garware warranty card as well.
Mine looks like this : image linky.
A Car pack would be a single pack with film sufficient to be used only on 1 car. This one carries the manufacturers watermarks and a warranty card.

A roll would be larger rolls which the shopkeepers buy from the company. A roll is better for a shopkeeper since he gets them little cheaper. But it may or may not have the watermarks and no separate warranty card.

Yours sunfilm seems one out of the carpack.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:09   #750
BHPian

I read here that people were using carbon sun-film. Is that a another brand of sun film ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks