Old 7th January 2011, 21:04   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
What do you mean by sun film car pack?

Thanks,
Jose.
Hey mate, a car pack as also mentioned by razrman, is film packaged in a box meant for use on a single car only. This is unlike the big rolls that many shopkeepers have, from which they cut & use as much as required on the car.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Mine looks like this : image linky.
Hey mate, yours is from a car pack.

Drive safe.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:33   #752
Senior - BHPian

Hey friends, I have just booked a new Punto in white colour. I am thinking of installing 3M tints. Any reputed place in Mumbai who can professionally install 3M tints for me? Also, I need black coloured tints, no mirror finish or reflective/green finish! So which shade would be suitable? I am thinking of 35 shade.
Old 12th January 2011, 00:43   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hey friends, I have just booked a new Punto in white colour. I am thinking of installing 3M tints. Any reputed place in Mumbai who can professionally install 3M tints for me? Also, I need black coloured tints, no mirror finish or reflective/green finish! So which shade would be suitable? I am thinking of 35 shade.
White car + black tints looks amazing.

You can install 3M tints at Choksi motors (milan subway) or else try to contact the company itself and see if they can send a guy to your place. 3M CS series is what you should be looking at. If you want black tints, 35 would be very light. I would suggest 20.
Old 12th January 2011, 01:08   #754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Raj why not Vkool. I got tints from Vkool for Rs4500 for my Punto. Quite VFM and even more heat rejection than 3M RE35 which IMO would look great on a white Punto. But RE35 is a bit reflective. I still suggest Vkool.
Old 12th January 2011, 19:20   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
White car + black tints looks amazing.

You can install 3M tints at Choksi motors (milan subway) or else try to contact the company itself and see if they can send a guy to your place. 3M CS series is what you should be looking at. If you want black tints, 35 would be very light. I would suggest 20.
I am looking for 35 as 20 would be too dark & it would attract cop's attention!

3M CS series is black in colour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Raj why not Vkool. I got tints from Vkool for Rs4500 for my Punto. Quite VFM and even more heat rejection than 3M RE35 which IMO would look great on a white Punto. But RE35 is a bit reflective. I still suggest Vkool.
I thought V kool was expensive!

Did you mean 3M RE35 would look great on a white punto?

Thanks for helping me out in all threads!
Old 13th January 2011, 01:54   #756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I thought V kool was expensive!

Did you mean 3M RE35 would look great on a white punto?

Thanks for helping me out in all threads!
Nope. The economy range of Vkool which is probably better than 3M etc is only 4500 for the Punto for sides and rear. Check out the T35 shade, or the K37 shade.

Yes 3M RE35 inspite of being a little reflective would look greaaaaat on a white Punto.

Anytime.
Old 13th January 2011, 20:48   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. The economy range of Vkool which is probably better than 3M etc is only 4500 for the Punto for sides and rear. Check out the T35 shade, or the K37 shade.

Yes 3M RE35 inspite of being a little reflective would look greaaaaat on a white Punto.

Anytime.
I want to stay away from V Kool as I have heard some horror stories from insiders!

I saw that RE series is better than CS series in 3M. But then, CS has a natural black colour whereas RE is reflective. What is the base colour of RE 35? Is it green or silver?
Old 13th January 2011, 20:56   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I want to stay away from V Kool as I have heard some horror stories from insiders!

I saw that RE series is better than CS series in 3M. But then, CS has a natural black colour whereas RE is reflective. What is the base colour of RE 35? Is it green or silver?
It is a little greenish. But it will contrast the white really well.
Old 14th January 2011, 01:50   #759
BHPian

Hello Everyone.

We are planning to travel to Delhi to get 3M Sunfilm installed on our Vento.
We have selected CR 70 for the front and RE 50 for sides and back.

Could anyone please -

1) Recommend any good dealer/installation place for 3M in Delhi? We are new to the area, so an address/phone no would be appreciated.

2) Is the above grade of 3M ok? Should we go for another series? Or maybe another film such as Llumar?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th January 2011, 04:36   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
Hello Everyone.

We are planning to travel to Delhi to get 3M Sunfilm installed on our Vento.
We have selected CR 70 for the front and RE 50 for sides and back.

Could anyone please -

1) Recommend any good dealer/installation place for 3M in Delhi? We are new to the area, so an address/phone no would be appreciated.

2) Is the above grade of 3M ok? Should we go for another series? Or maybe another film such as Llumar?

Thanks in advance.
And I thought I was the only crazy guy out here who goes from one city to another to get his car serviced. Guess I have company. I have used 3M and V kool and both are good films. I go for the lightest possible shades all around and have V70 IIRC on one of my rides and in that context I find it to be better than the CR 70 that I have all around on another car. BTW I do not have any film on any of my car's front windscreens. By all around I mean windows + rear WS.

For 3M, I would recommend Automarc. Neat and clean job, experienced installers. This is located in Defence Colony community center market opposite Moolchand hospital. Do not confuse it with Defence colony market, which though in the same colony is not the same market. The thing with this shop is that if you are not satisfied with the job or say a problem crops up a month down the line the owner does not make a fuss and will redo the job to your satisfaction. Do let them know that you have come from out of town and in case of trouble it may not be possible to comeback immediately or at all, that should be indication enough for the shop owner to put his best guy on the job.

I used to have their phone numbers but cannot seem to find it in my phone book. They are easy enough to find though. You could also ask for Nizam's Kathi Rolls in the same market and the parking guys there will direct you to Automarc. Ask for gaadi ke kaam/saamaan waali dukaan or by it's name.

You may also like to take a look at Vkool in Rajendra place, there is a thread to the company's outlet here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ace-delhi.html. They are quite competitive with their new economy range and what I like best is that the install is done inside their shop, which is how it should be.

After driving down all the way from CHD stick to either of the above brands and forget this llumar business.
Old 14th January 2011, 12:17   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
And I thought I was the only crazy guy out here who goes from one city to another to get his car serviced. Guess I have company. I have used 3M and V kool and both are good films. I go for the lightest possible shades all around and have V70 IIRC on one of my rides and in that context I find it to be better than the CR 70 that I have all around on another car. BTW I do not have any film on any of my car's front windscreens. By all around I mean windows + rear WS.

For 3M, I would recommend Automarc. Neat and clean job, experienced installers. This is located in Defence Colony community center market opposite Moolchand hospital. Do not confuse it with Defence colony market, which though in the same colony is not the same market. The thing with this shop is that if you are not satisfied with the job or say a problem crops up a month down the line the owner does not make a fuss and will redo the job to your satisfaction. Do let them know that you have come from out of town and in case of trouble it may not be possible to comeback immediately or at all, that should be indication enough for the shop owner to put his best guy on the job.

I used to have their phone numbers but cannot seem to find it in my phone book. They are easy enough to find though. You could also ask for Nizam's Kathi Rolls in the same market and the parking guys there will direct you to Automarc. Ask for gaadi ke kaam/saamaan waali dukaan or by it's name.

You may also like to take a look at Vkool in Rajendra place, there is a thread to the company's outlet here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ace-delhi.html. They are quite competitive with their new economy range and what I like best is that the install is done inside their shop, which is how it should be.

After driving down all the way from CHD stick to either of the above brands and forget this llumar business.
Thanks a bunch for the response! That's SUPER helpful. The Vkool outlet looks awesome!

I had thought of Vkool initially, but it seems out of budget. Even the 3M CR 70 and RE 50 together are close to 10k (slightly above).

V 70 specs look REALLY good. Do you know how much it costs? We could spend a little extra over 3M, but do not want to spend a whole lot. I would rather get something else done on the car if the difference is huge between the two brands.

The Automarc shop also sounds fine, and I've been to the area once before, so going there shouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing AutoMarc would be 3M authorized distributor? Thanks again!
Old 14th January 2011, 12:43   #762
Senior - BHPian

Go through the thread for Vkool, I believe there are some price references there, as is their phone number. Give them a call, that would be the best way to get the correct prices. You could ask for discounts too and once you have reached the best discount of the day, use the TBHP reference to get some additional discounts. The above holds good only for the Vkool outlet.

The Automarc chap may also give some discount but not much. They are 3M authorized dealer/installer.
Old 14th January 2011, 12:56   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Go through the thread for Vkool, I believe there are some price references there, as is their phone number. Give them a call, that would be the best way to get the correct prices. You could ask for discounts too and once you have reached the best discount of the day, use the TBHP reference to get some additional discounts. The above holds good only for the Vkool outlet.

The Automarc chap may also give some discount but not much. They are 3M authorized dealer/installer.
Thanks! Will do all of the above. Realized that the Vkool phone no was mentioned in the thread, so the question on the price of V70 was useless

FWIW - just wanted to ask you why you don't get sun film on the front screen? Is it because of visibility in the night issue? I also have llumar in our Baleno and it does a good job at the front, coz most heat comes from there..

Last edited by imjimmy : 14th January 2011 at 12:57.
Old 14th January 2011, 14:02   #764
Senior - BHPian

Well, If it were left to me I would not use sun film. My personal ride the Blue Streak has no film at all. I like to have as much light come in as is possible and since the vehicles these days come with tinted glasses all around, a few minutes of running the aircon with the windows down helps in getting rid of the trapped heat.

I feel that sun films are more for privacy than anything else. I prefer to use those black net screens with the small vacuum cups at the center. For the front windscreen if my car is parked facing the sun, I use a heat reflecting folding screen that I carry in my car. The use and stow nature of both types of screens works fine for me.
Old 14th January 2011, 19:26   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a little greenish. But it will contrast the white really well.
Hmmm, I was looking for a black coloured film. I dislike the greenish tint the Garware film in my scorpio has!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed