Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 09:26   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sun Film

LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05
Everything came under 5k (after one hell of a discount). Thanks to my friend (tbhpian from blore)
Old 25th February 2011, 10:35   #812
BHPian

well 5K including the front windshield seems good enough. Have got a quote of Vkool for covering the sides and back for 5K. Planning to have the same done tomorrow. However, still wondering what should go up on my windshield !
Old 25th February 2011, 11:04   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
well 5K including the front windshield seems good enough. Have got a quote of Vkool for covering the sides and back for 5K. Planning to have the same done tomorrow. However, still wondering what should go up on my windshield !
Yes, that was a good deal. LLumar is doing a good job in cutting the heat. Visibility is also good, only a marginal drop i would say.
Old 4th March 2011, 22:42   #814
BHPian

Just wanted to share

If anyone is currently interested in getting V-Kool Sunfilms installed, I got a call from V-Kool (Kolkata) today about some discounts/offers going on. VK70 for front windscreen was offered for some 8.5k inclusive of taxes. Offer valid till Tuesday.
Old 8th March 2011, 17:21   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Just wanted to share

If anyone is currently interested in getting V-Kool Sunfilms installed, I got a call from V-Kool (Kolkata) today about some discounts/offers going on. VK70 for front windscreen was offered for some 8.5k inclusive of taxes. Offer valid till Tuesday.
Can you please tell me the name of the contact person. I spoke to them today and they were quoting 12000+ for ANHC for front windscreen. For 4 windows and rear they quoted 6k for H50.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:07   #816
BHPian

I am little confused now. I am planning to get my car sun-filmed and confused about the options. After going through the thread, it seems like Garware is not a good choice and vkool is expensive. 3M and LLumar may be the best choice.
My budget is around 4k (don't want to exceed it)

Can you folks suggest which sunfilm I should go for and where to get in installed. I live in Koramangala so any places nearby which offers authentic product and good service.

Is it important to get the front window sunfilmed given that the cost is little high and I want to avoid it for the moment.

Will appreciate any suggestions on this.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:46   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
I am little confused now. I am planning to get my car sun-filmed and confused about the options. After going through the thread, it seems like Garware is not a good choice and vkool is expensive. 3M and LLumar may be the best choice.

Can you folks suggest which sunfilm I should go for and where to get in installed. I live in Koramangala so any places nearby which offers authentic product and good service.

Is it important to get the front window sunfilmed given that the cost is little high and I want to avoid it for the moment.

Will appreciate any suggestions on this.
Guess LLumar fits your bill here. You can check out Final Touch at Mission Road, Richmond. Many of us (bhpians) have got films from there.

It's not necessary to install on the windshield. It's basically done for cutting glares from oncoming traffic, cutting heat and for looks. Yes, as you had mentioned, it's bit expensive. But I got everything for under 5k

Cheers.
Old 30th March 2011, 09:59   #818
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for sun film for my Chevy Beat and through my contacts got in touch with an official from 3M South Zone. He told that RE-35 is the fast moving product and I can opt for that. It's a reflective one and I can see for the shades at the local distributor. But he also cautioned that if i am having a GPS device in my car then I should not prefer Reflective type films as sometimes the GPS may not function properly.

I understand that reflective type films (on any other sun films) tend to filter out wavelengths below and above the visible spectrum. The mobiles and GPS work at a frequency much higher than the visible spectrum so are prone to be blocked. But that depends on the strength of the signal too. So in areas where signal strength is low this problem may be faced. Can anyone using Reflective type sunfilms confirm this or may check if their phone's (or GPS's) signal reception goes down once they step in their cars, particularly in remote areas ?

Anyways, I told him that I am looking for CR50 for sides and rear and CR70 for front, he offered that in this case he can help me on prices.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:33   #819
BHPian

@ autonoob

I have T-35 (V-Kool Reflective) installed in my Beat. I have not experienced a signal drop on my cell phone inside my car. The GPS tracking, even though AGPS(Nokia 5230) works flawlessly. Even in remote areas with weak signals, i get same strength both inside and out. However, i do not have my any front screen film, whether that would affect the signal will be revealed in a months time when i get my windshield tinted.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:34   #820
BANNED

Quote:

Is it important to get the front window sunfilmed given that the cost is little high and I want to avoid it for the moment..

Please budget for it in the near future. You will feel in "necessary" once you put it on
Old 30th March 2011, 11:50   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heh, I'm using Garware for last 6 years for my first two cars and even in my new Vehicle I've decided to go for Garware only. I'm not finding much or any difference between 3M and Garware to pay that extra couple of thousands. Vkool is just too expensive to even try it. I would suggest put Garware for all side and back and with the money saved and adding few more, put a front Windshield sun control too if necessary. Garware have 2 or 3 different types I think and I'm using the one called International. This one is slightly pricier than the classic range.
Regards,
Old 30th March 2011, 12:46   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I was looking for sun film for my Chevy Beat and through my contacts got in touch with an official from 3M South ..... Can anyone using Reflective type sunfilms confirm this or may check if their phone's (or GPS's) signal reception goes down once they step in their cars, particularly in remote areas ?
I have RE35 on my car's sides & back. Haven't faced any problem with mobile signals whatsoever even in low signal areas.
Old 30th March 2011, 17:01   #823
BHPian

Finally got the 3M CS35 installed at the 3M Exclusive showroom in HSR layout. Total cost Rs 4250 for sides and rear. A touch too expensive for my liking but overall nicely done and atleast comes with the satisfaction. Three year warranty for any bubbles and peeling off. Looking for a cooler summer now when inside the car. Will post pics soon.

P.S. Got a couple of referrel coupons so in case any going there let me know.
Old 30th March 2011, 17:13   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I have RE35 on my car's sides & back. Haven't faced any problem with mobile signals whatsoever even in low signal areas.
Sridhar, I am getting RE35 done in my new car (i10 Automatic). Is the shade too dark for driving in night? How is the visibility in night?
Old 1st April 2011, 20:24   #825
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody please share some document or link which enlists the sun film range from Llumar along with some specifications like the heat rejection & VLT etc.

If there is no document, anybody who knows about the different ranges?

I spoke to a guy in the company branch office here in Delhi, & I was told about 3 ranges in my budget namely Silver, Gold & platinum (also called Steel in market). I couldn't find any more details accurately.

Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks