Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:10   #871
BHPian

Re: Sun Film

Thanks Avinash. Will speak to them and ask for it now.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:27   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Absolutely. I got one from them when i got my car film done. You just need to insist.
Friends

I am on the look out for sunfims for my White Lancer. After reading the posts here i decided on 3M RE50 for the sides and Garware icecool for the windshield.

I checked out at few places at trivandrum and nobody seems to have 3M/V Kool. All i was quoted was for some company called Carbon (3.5 K for sides) and Autographix(2.5K).

Could some body guide me as to where i can find 3M films and which is a reliable place in Trivandrum to get the installed

Bonesmith
Old 25th May 2011, 09:45   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Friends

I am on the look out for sunfims for my White Lancer. After reading the posts here i decided on 3M RE50 for the sides and Garware icecool for the windshield.

I checked out at few places at trivandrum and nobody seems to have 3M/V Kool. All i was quoted was for some company called Carbon (3.5 K for sides) and Autographix(2.5K).

Could some body guide me as to where i can find 3M films and which is a reliable place in Trivandrum to get the installed

Bonesmith
Check out Car Palace. 3M should be readily available since it's widely used nowadays. I got 3M installed few months for my Vento from Cochin. Why dont you try Llumar. Removed Garware and installed Llumar on my Swift recently. I didnt like Garware for the sides. Pics attached in my thread.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 07:40   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Check out Car Palace. 3M should be readily available since it's widely used nowadays. I got 3M installed few months for my Vento from Cochin. Why dont you try Llumar. Removed Garware and installed Llumar on my Swift recently. I didnt like Garware for the sides. Pics attached in my thread.
Thanks Navinraju.

I checked out motor plaza and car palace.

Car Palace( pattom) did not have Llumar or 3M. They had Carbon and Garware.

Motor Plaza had Llumar and Garware, and agreed to get 3M on order.

He quoted RE70 at 5K for the sides.

Llumar AIR SR 75 5K for the windshield and also PP60 at 5K for the windshied.

They had garware icecool elite at 3.8 Kfor the winshield.

I enquired about RE50 from 3M and was told that it is not easily available.

Are the prices reasonable and is it worthwhile to wait for the 3M ?
Old 26th May 2011, 09:37   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmith View Post
Thanks Navinraju.

I checked out motor plaza and car palace.

Car Palace( pattom) did not have Llumar or 3M. They had Carbon and Garware.

Motor Plaza had Llumar and Garware, and agreed to get 3M on order.

He quoted RE70 at 5K for the sides.

Llumar AIR SR 75 5K for the windshield and also PP60 at 5K for the windshied.

They had garware icecool elite at 3.8 Kfor the winshield.

I enquired about RE50 from 3M and was told that it is not easily available.

Are the prices reasonable and is it worthwhile to wait for the 3M ?
Try to bargain for the sides. I have LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05 and got it for 4.8k after a good discount. I have 3M on my Vento and somehow feel Llumar is doing a better job. Try to get some discounts else go for 3M.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 21:14   #876
BANNED

Re: Ford Figo : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Guys - any recommendation for which (if any) sunfilm to use on a sea gray Figo?

If you guys wan't a good front sunfilm, i would recommend johnson window film INsulatir IR 50 / IR 70. I installed it at the front as well as on the sides.

Night driving is not a problem at all as the film clears up and becomes 99% transparent at night. It is actually better to drive your car at night with this sun film as the road scene is actually more clearer due to the glare rejection.

Here are the stats for IR 50

Name Color, VLT, TSER, Reflectance, Solar absorbtion, Glare reduction, IR Reduction
IR 50 natural, 50%, 49%, 12%, 51%, 45%, 70%

The film is Made in the USA
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 21:28   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If you guys wan't a good front sunfilm, i would recommend johnson window film INsulatir IR 50 / IR 70. I installed it at the front as well as on the sides.

Night driving is not a problem at all as the film clears up and becomes 99% transparent at night. It is actually better to drive your car at night with this sun film as the road scene is actually more clearer due to the glare rejection.

Here are the stats for IR 50

Name Color, VLT, TSER, Reflectance, Solar absorbtion, Glare reduction, IR Reduction
IR 50 natural, 50%, 49%, 12%, 51%, 45%, 70%

The film is Made in the USA
I guess even 3M and Llumar are made in USA. How much did it cost you? and also where did you get it (basically, where can I get it in Hyderabad?)
Old 28th May 2011, 21:35   #878
BANNED

Quote:
I guess even 3M and Llumar are made in USA. How much did it cost you? and also where did you get it (basically, where can I get it in Hyderabad?)
Yes they are made in the US but you will notice the difference in 3m/Llumar and Johnson. Johnson is miles ahead of 3M/Llumar. The 3M RE 50 film installed on my fusion was fake, the dealer (also my friend) called me to come to his shop to get it changed. He replaced the film and showed me some premium brands. I found the Johnson "Insulatir" series to be awesome and it costs 10K for sides plus front, no rear.

Plus if it can keep the fusion (huge glass area) cool then it would be absolutely awesome in the Figo. The main thing that this film has over others is the IR rejection % that is mentioned here and was not mentioned in other brands.

In hyderabad, you may get them at a shop known as Pit Stop, Better check from a member called "poseidon" and ask him about the place he got V-kool from, I guess they are now dealers for Johnson and not V-kool.
Old 28th May 2011, 22:11   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes they are made in the US but you will notice the difference in 3m/Llumar and Johnson. Johnson is miles ahead of 3M/Llumar. The 3M RE 50 film installed on my fusion was fake, the dealer (also my friend) called me to come to his shop to get it changed. He replaced the film and showed me some premium brands. I found the Johnson "Insulatir" series to be awesome and it costs 10K for sides plus front, no rear.

Plus if it can keep the fusion (huge glass area) cool then it would be absolutely awesome in the Figo. The main thing that this film has over others is the IR rejection % that is mentioned here and was not mentioned in other brands.

In hyderabad, you may get them at a shop known as Pit Stop, Better check from a member called "poseidon" and ask him about the place he got V-kool from, I guess they are now dealers for Johnson and not V-kool.
3M gives a brochure for its CR films here and specs for all of its films here. If you see the first document, all CR films have 97% IR rejection.

Johnson's IR film specs are here. None of the films has anywhere close to this number in IR rejection. Other specs are also better for comparable CR films with 3M. The RE films are sold only in India apparently (3M USA doesn't mention this series) and the specs are here.

The specs for the IR films are slightly better than those for RE series, but not much more so.

Proof of the pudding is in eating - so I'm thoroughly confused.

Should I check the prices for CR70 (front+back) and CR50 (windows) vs. the IR70/IR50 (similar combinations)?

By the way, one question - why did Ford stop selling Fusion?
Old 28th May 2011, 22:16   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I go for darker shades of film. The problem is taking the car out during nights. You cannot see the vehicles on sides through ORVM's with your windows closed. It will be really great, if the film minimizes the heat getting in during days & gets into transparent mode at dark
Old 28th May 2011, 23:12   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mustang, I went to the Johnson website and searched through it, there is nothing on the film clearing up to 99% at nights.

Is this something like the photochromatic glasses people wear?
Old 29th May 2011, 10:12   #882
BANNED

Quote:
:

Should I check the prices for CR70 (front+back) and CR50 (windows) vs. the IR70/IR50 (similar combinations)?

By the way, one question - why did Ford stop selling Fusion?
Yes CR is good but it will cost a lot more. I have heard that only the front glass costs around 6.5-7.5K. Johnson is more VFM than this.

The fusion was discontinued as sales were not generating profit for the company. So if someone has bought a fusion in the very last dayas of production (like me ) then he/she would have got a sweet deal if any discounts were offered. I got 60K on my fusion plus some freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I go for darker shades of film. The problem is taking the car out during nights. You cannot see the vehicles on sides through ORVM's with your windows closed. It will be really great, if the film minimizes the heat getting in during days & gets into transparent mode at dark
Yes, The johnson film does this. Minimizes heat in the day and goes into transparent mode at night. Tried and tested by me.

Quote:
Mustang, I went to the Johnson website and searched through it, there is nothing on the film clearing up to 99% at nights.

Is this something like the photochromatic glasses people wear?
Yes it does have light sensitive elements. It does clear up at night and vision at night is actually better than w/o this film as the film also reduces glare.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 29th May 2011 at 10:14.
Old 30th May 2011, 13:34   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have felt the difference (ooops ford reference!) by using 3M RE 50 on the sides of my fusion. Now i am ready for the front one.
Quote:
Johnson is miles ahead of 3M/Llumar. The 3M RE 50 film installed on my fusion was fake, the dealer (also my friend) called me to come to his shop to get it changed.
@Mustang, do not mind, but can you explain the above discrepancy?

You made the first comment on 9th May.

Sorry for being off topic, I guess sun films can be discussed on their dedicated thread let this thread be limited to discussing Figo.
Old 30th May 2011, 20:15   #884
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
@Mustang, do not mind, but can you explain the above discrepancy?

You made the first comment on 9th May.

Sorry for being off topic, I guess sun films can be discussed on their dedicated thread let this thread be limited to discussing Figo.
I had clarified this.

Yes i had installed 3M first but i did mention that i got a call from the dealer who is also my friend and he told me that there was a possibility that the 3M film he sold me was fake. He discovered a lot of 3M fake film with him.

So he replaced the 3M one with Johnson(which i chose) and i paid him the difference. I actually find Johnson to be much better and much clearer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2369620

^ This is the earlier post mentioning the incident.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 30th May 2011 at 20:17.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:47   #885
BHPian

Guys I just got my new Chevy Spark which is black in colour. I wish to install some good sunfilm but don't know which one to go for.
I don't want too dark or too light. Just medium.
So please suggest me which one should I go for. And also mention the cost and the dealer from where I can get it in Mumbai.
Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks