Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 12:05   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The films I checked had a grayish tinge. Is there any film with golden or brownish tinge?
Any suggestions on this?

Also, with 15%VLT, how is is the visibility at nights? What is a good VLT for night driving (mostly in cities)?
Old 4th August 2011, 12:53   #902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any suggestions on this?

Also, with 15%VLT, how is is the visibility at nights? What is a good VLT for night driving (mostly in cities)?
I use 15% and I find it a bit bad at nights. Get 25-35% the night visibility is perfect.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 00:02   #903
BHPian

Re: Please Advice for Sunfilms For Figo.

My figo TDCI got delivered just 12 days ago and @700 on ODO. It has generous glass area so bit worried about probable interior heating in summer. There is V-Kool Outlet here in Kolhapur, visited there and inquired about RTO approved films. The dealer has suggested following Options.

Front Windshield - VK-70 or VK-75. and A-60 or H60 for sides
Specs are as Follows.

VK-70 VK-75 A-60 H60
Total Solar Energy Rejected 55% 45% 45% 50%
Total Solar Energy Transmitted 35% 35% 45% 30%
Total Solar Energy Absorbed 10% 20% 10% 12%
Visible Light Transmission 74% 77% 60% 45%
Visible Light Reflection 8.0% 9.5% 17% 16%
Shading Coefficient 0.5% 0.63% 0.63% 0.58%
UV Rejection 99% 99% 99% 99%
IR Rejection 94% 77% 60% 60%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote 13,500 11,500 7,500 7,500
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
he is ready to give 10% to 15% discount.

I would personally prefer non reflective, light colored (Grey shades) tints for side
I dont have any prefixed budget but looking for VFM. That way summer here is not severely Hot but for for 2 to 3 weeks we see above 40 C temperature. My earlier car was M800 Neptune Blue which was getting like Oven and Steering like a Soldering Iron. I was unable to drive it unless keep all door open for 3/4 minutes before ingress and hold steering with help of Handkerchief, when car is parked in sun even for an hour. I would definitely like to avoid this in new car.

So please advice me which films will give me better VFM since that dealer has another shop where he can install Garware, Llumar etc. etc. and even a local brand. Please suggest considering Factors like Price vs performance and longevity of performance. If possible please mention pricing also.

Old 5th August 2011, 04:50   #904
BHPian

I feel it is fine to go with RTO regularized limits for films, also considering the climatic conditions at your place I guess better option is to choose a film like garware or autographix which are good VFM options.
I would never be able to buy a sunfilm for Rs.13500, instead put another Rs.10k and get myself a PETEs tuning box for my diesel car.
Old 5th August 2011, 11:10   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
So please advice me which films will give me better VFM since that dealer has another shop where he can install Garware, Llumar etc. etc. and even a local brand. Please suggest considering Factors like Price vs performance and longevity of performance. If possible please mention pricing also.
@whitelion, I am not an expert on sun films. This my experience while scouting for sun films last week:
Llumar & 3M are similarly priced (3M is Rs300~500 more). V-Kool doesn't have low range films. The price of V-Kool matches with premium films of 3M & Llumar.
For side & rear, low end films cost 2K~3K & medium cost 4K~6K. Windshield films start from 7K. The quote you have got is for premium range. I think K-series V-Kool films are less expensive & cost 6~7K for side & rear.
Coming to quality, more you pay better the look. I had installed 4K worth Llumar films in 2006 and it still looks good to last for long time.

Note: Almost all films have good UV, IR rejection & other co-efficients. IMO, what you look for is VLT (Visible Light Transmission)%. This tells how dark or light the film is. According to RTO, allowed VLT is 50% for sides & 70% for windshield. My experience is 50% VLT (in non-metalized films) is light. I would suggest to check the visibility & glare in installed cars and go for the films you like.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:55   #906
BHPian

Thanks msdivy, My responses are as Below.

Quote:
@whitelion, I am not an expert on sun films. This my experience while scouting for sun films last week:

Can you provide Quotes you got while scouting, For V-Kool versions Mentioned above and also for Medium Llumar Films ?

Llumar & 3M are similarly priced (3M is Rs300~500 more). V-Kool doesn't have low range films. The price of V-Kool matches with premium films of 3M & Llumar.
For side & rear, low end films cost 2K~3K & medium cost 4K~6K. Windshield films start from 7K. The quote you have got is for premium range. I think K-series V-Kool films are less expensive & cost 6~7K for side & rear.
Coming to quality, more you pay better the look. I had installed 4K worth Llumar films in 2006 and it still looks good to last for long time.

Is it still giving Good protection from Sun ? I am looking for performance in heat rejection rather than looks of the Car.

Note: Almost all films have good UV, IR rejection & other co-efficients. IMO, what you look for is VLT (Visible Light Transmission)%. This tells how dark or light the film is. According to RTO, allowed VLT is 50% for sides & 70% for windshield. My experience is 50% VLT (in non-metalized films) is light. I would suggest to check the visibility & glare in installed cars and go for the films you like.

This is a good suggestion I will ask dealer to give me demo in installed Cars.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:20   #907
Senior - BHPian

@whitelion
Quote:
Can you provide Quotes you got while scouting, For V-Kool versions Mentioned above and also for Medium Llumar Films ?
I was looking only for sides. For metalized films, both V-Kool (K14) & Llumar quoted 4.5K.
Quote:
Is it still giving Good protection from Sun ?
Performance now is same as it was when installed - it has not degraded. I cannot compare without films because dealer fitted the films before delivery.
Old 6th August 2011, 00:11   #908
BHPian

I got Global Sun film installed in Pune last Saturday. The windows are 20%VLT and front windscreen is 70% VLT. Currently in hyderabad and I do feel the difference, the car is a lot cooler than before.
The glass is dark from outside but no issues at night driving also as I drove throughout the night from Pune to Hyd on mostly unlit highways.
I am very sensitive to glare, but the windscreen film is helping me with my drive. to sum it up, I am very satisfied.

The total cost was 2500 (windows) and 3500 (Windscreen). It came with a 2 year warranty.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:09   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front Windshield - VK-70 or VK-75.
I have made a comparison between V70 & similar films here, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2463732. Please check.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:52   #910
BHPian

I have got Following Quotes and would like to Finalize among them but bit confused. So thought that I should discuss this with fellow BHPians, Hope a generous help from BHPians.

The climatic Condition where I live are, hot summer is early April to May end. temp reaches 40/42 at most but for 1 or 2 weeks. Rest of the year temp is below 35/37. In winter (Nov to Jan end) one feels need of sun even in noon. In monsoon (Jun-sept) sky is mostly overcasted and rain almost every day, Oct is bit hot where sun is striking.

1. Garaware - Icecool Shield 3000/- Ellite 5,500 = 8500/- (NF Grey 40 3200).

2. Llumar - AIR-80 7000/- Opel50 2200/- = 9,200/-

3. Llumar - pp70 3700/- Steel50 4200/- = 7,200/-

4. 3m - RE70 4990/- RE50 4500/- = 9,490/-

5. V-Kool - VK75 11500/- A60/H50 7500/- = 19,500/-

All the films selected are RTO approved except NF Grey 40.

I am finding all of them to be bit overpriced so please comment on prices too. What I am looking for Most VFM Films rather than select on Lowest price.

Last edited by whitelion : 19th August 2011 at 14:59.
Old 19th August 2011, 15:43   #911
BHPian

Quote:
I am finding all of them to be bit overpriced so please comment on prices too. What I am looking for Most VFM Films rather than select on Lowest price.

I have LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05. Front,Rear and Sides - total 4.8k. Got this done in Bangalore.CH50 for the sides and CH05 for rear and front. You will find a slight drop in visibility in the sides, but it is negligible according to me. If it is too dark for you, go for the next variant below it which would cost you a bit more overall and would come under 6k totally.
Old 19th August 2011, 15:56   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
I have LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50/CH05. Front,Rear and Sides - total 4.8k. Got this done in Bangalore.CH50 for the sides and CH05 for rear and front. You will find a slight drop in visibility in the sides, but it is negligible according to me. If it is too dark for you, go for the next variant below it which would cost you a bit more overall and would come under 6k totally.
Thanks Xryder,

When did you installed and how did you found the performance ?
Have you considered other options before buying and arrived at this decision ?
Old 19th August 2011, 16:01   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Xryder,

When did you installed and how did you found the performance ?
Have you considered other options before buying and arrived at this decision ?

Got it installed about 2 years back and it has performed well so far. No damage and plus no fading. I considered V-Kool, 3M and Garaware. But found this pretty decently priced along with decent reviews. LLUMAR has variants from prices starting from INR 1500 to 16K and higher. Keep your budget and requirements in mind, check the VLT limit for each variant and then decide.
Old 19th August 2011, 16:40   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Got it installed about 2 years back and it has performed well so far. No damage and plus no fading. I considered V-Kool, 3M and Garaware. But found this pretty decently priced along with decent reviews. LLUMAR has variants from prices starting from INR 1500 to 16K and higher. Keep your budget and requirements in mind, check the VLT limit for each variant and then decide.
Thanks a lot for advice on Budget and requirements. For VLT I feel that VLT of Front to be > 70% and side its Ok to lower to 40-45% with little bit on darker side with good enough ORVMs visibility at night.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:31   #915
BHPian

What Sun-film on Ford Fiesta SXI?

My ownership of a Ford Fiesta SXI (Moondust Silver) is going to be one month old on the 27th. I am planning to get some sunfilming done. I have a very basic doubt about it? Here in Lucknow, the dealers say that 50% on the sides and 70% on the rear is the RTO approved sun-films. And Garware is the one available everywhere. My doubt is:

Is it the darkness of the film that will be 70% and 50%?

I want only a very light-shade one. There should be some shade, but it should not hamper the nice view of the landscape I can get from inside. Similarly, from outside also, I must be able to see from outside the vehicle the things that I keep in the car! In short, I don't want a very black/dark looking one, but only a mild shade that would be a protection from the extreme heat, that is all. Can anyone suggest to me an appropriate sunfilm for my vehicle?

Similarly, the Carz Spa people here are giving polymer coating on the vehicle, which they suggest would keep the shine of the body for longer time and would protect the vehicle from too easy scratches. What will it be like? Has anyone got it done on a vehicle?

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th August 2011 at 11:40. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks