Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 21:45   #46

hi , im dr sagar from kerala
i have 1 black innova 2.5 v just 1 month old i have put leather seats & good music system also im very much satisfied with that but im very much confused regarding tinting film ( need a light tinting with good heat rejection) whether to put 3m re 35 / ray barrier . some of my friends told me to put 3m , accidently i saw it one shop & i enquired but i didnt get any satisfactory reply from others. one of my friends told there is no use of putting film in black cars bse black is heat absorbant.so im totally confused just help me to choose appropriate tint film.

Regards
Sagar
Old 31st August 2006, 00:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sagar - your best best would be to get either 3M or LLumar films. They are good quality, long lasting & help greatly in cutting out the heat. If you didn't get a good response in one shop then maybe you should try another one, because I would highly recommend using a high-quality, legal film so cops don't bug you all the time.
Old 31st August 2006, 02:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest Llumar, you can go in for Steel-50 for the sides and back, and PP-60 for the front. Thats same same combo i have on my Octy. Completely street legal and high on heat rejection.
Old 31st August 2006, 06:47   #49
Team-BHP Support

Note from support team: Thread merged.
Old 31st August 2006, 07:05   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfriend
hi , im dr sagar from kerala
i have 1 black innova 2.5 v just 1 month old i have put leather seats & good music system also im very much satisfied with that but im very much confused regarding tinting film ( need a light tinting with good heat rejection) whether to put 3m re 35 / ray barrier . some of my friends told me to put 3m , accidently i saw it one shop & i enquired but i didnt get any satisfactory reply from others. one of my friends told there is no use of putting film in black cars bse black is heat absorbant.so im totally confused just help me to choose appropriate tint film.

Regards
Sagar
Doctor, welcome to Team-BHP!

Okay, your black Innova will absorb heat and that makes it all the more important to cut down on the heat coming from the windows (especially if you want to protect your leather seat covers) - and so the need for good sun film.

3M is good, but I don't know -- for some reason few vendors seem to have stock or good idea regarding this. I faced the same problem and ended up using Garware Classic Lite (RTO approved) on my Wagon R. It is inexpensive stuff, but I guess does its job.
Old 31st August 2006, 07:27   #51
sun
BHPian

Hello friends, I was looking forward to fixing film on the front windscreen, I was adviced to go in for a brand called sunguard or something marketed by xenos. I saw the shade guide and one was marked for front and rear windshield. Is it a good one or do you guys advice any thing better ? The cost quoted was around 3000 for the sunguard film and 2000 for garware film. This is for the front windscreen alone. Please advice .....
Old 31st August 2006, 11:57   #52
BHPian

dude, i have got v kool installed......and iam happy with it.
Old 6th March 2007, 14:43   #53
BHPian

Garware Sunfilm

Beat the heat within your car-SUPPLEMENTS-The Times of India
Old 18th April 2007, 01:37   #54
BHPian

I am also confused over selection of cooling film. I want privacy and visibility, because you should signal drivers of other vehicles ( especially bikers to aviod mess). And as wagon it should get privacy from rear side windows and rear glass, i dont know what to do.

I had seen a screen which could be used for privacy in rear windows, but offers excellent visibility from rear view mirrors.
Old 19th April 2007, 08:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
I am also confused over selection of cooling film. I want privacy and visibility, because you should signal drivers of other vehicles ( especially bikers to aviod mess). And as wagon it should get privacy from rear side windows and rear glass, i dont know what to do.

I had seen a screen which could be used for privacy in rear windows, but offers excellent visibility from rear view mirrors.

Me also want to put sunfilm on my swift.I also want privacy but good visibilty at the same time. The dealer was quoting Rs 1703/- for Garware sunfilm (Maruti Genuine Accessories ). He said that it is certified and will have no problem with the cops anywhere. Should i go for them ??
Old 19th April 2007, 12:42   #56
Team-BHP Support

you wont have a problem with cops anywhere as long as your film has 50% visibility on the sides and 70% on the front and back.
Old 19th April 2007, 12:45   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you wont have a problem with cops anywhere as long as your film has 50% visibility on the sides and 70% on the front and back.
Except in delhi, where you can get challened even if you don't have film.
Old 19th April 2007, 13:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Me also want to put sunfilm on my swift.I also want privacy but good visibilty at the same time. The dealer was quoting Rs 1703/- for Garware sunfilm (Maruti Genuine Accessories ). He said that it is certified and will have no problem with the cops anywhere. Should i go for them ??
Privacy and good visibility don't go hand in hand. If you put dark sunfilm your visibility (50% or lesser) goes for a toss. If you put clear sunfilm you get good visibility but lesser privacy and its more expensive.

YOu have sunfilms from Garware, 3M, Llumar, Raybarrier and v-kool. Garware and 3M are the cheapest and v-kool the most expensive.

You should also read through this thread. Lot of useful tips there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-sunfilm.html
Old 30th April 2007, 08:51   #59
BHPian

Yesterday i called up Infrakool Solutions(authorized dealer for VKool in Bangalore) and asked for a quote for installing sun films for 4 side windows and rear hatch. He quoted 4.7K for the least model (didn't ask for version) which he said gives 65% heat reduction and he said 23K for the top end model the Diamond series with 90% heat reduction. These prices were including the labour charges.I've a few questions regarding these:

1. Is it sufficient to go for the least version?
2. Will it be cooler in the cabin if i go for the least?
3. Is the price ok?

Regards,
Ramki.
Old 30th April 2007, 09:57   #60
Team-BHP Support

65% heat reduction is decent. you will notice the reduction in heat. why not also look at a level higher if it has more heat reduction.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks