Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 10:41   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I got Llumar Diamond series ASR-75 at TINT MART in blore. The sales and fitting was handled by a team from Llumar ( they are doing some kind of campaign. I was lucky in that regard ). The warranty is for 5 years. It cost be 5750 all inclusive ( 5110 + 12.5% VAT). The heating of my dashboard has reduced singnificantly and the tan on my fore arms has also reduced.

Did you get your front and rear windsreen also with ASR 75? I was exploring the same option for my SWIFT. How about the side windows ? Can you let me know where this TINT MART is located? I am put up near Queens Road !

Ram P
Old 18th July 2007, 16:00   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire View Post
i got the legal light grey ones for my corsa...and recently a cop caught me..when i told him that its legal...he told me "court mein aake bolna"
so now im planning to go for complete dark tints...

i wanted to ask you guys this question...
what is the rule like....we have to have legal ones only on the windshield or on all the windows...because some friend told me that it is ok if i have complete dark tints but the windshield should not be tinted...

I have 2 layers of jet black tints on my m800 and on the front windshield i have light dray its so dark that not even the dash cant be seen, so i usualyy have a cop catching me once in 2 weeks, accoring to them the tints should so light that the occupants of the car should be seen clearly.
Old 21st July 2007, 20:09   #93

Anything against Garware. You seem to like V Kool a lot
Chill

Tinted glasses whihc come as OE fitment are only helpful in reducing glare to an extent. They do not block harmful UV rays (Fade your internal decor/upholstery) nor do they improve air con efficiency. Suncontrol Films help in doing both. GARWARE IS THE BEST. AVAILABLE ACROSS. ALL RANGES FROM VFM TO PREMIUM

i agree on the first part but am sure GARWARE is not INFERIOR to 3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash2757 View Post
Hi..

You can go for VCool.. If u are looking for more life of film. Many of my friends are using it. They are happy with it.
Too costly Not at all VALUE FOR MONEY. Issue on genuine part as well they do not have any water mark like GARWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandipwadje View Post
Hi,
Since I am buying a new car I was going through Autocar for various accessories. The first one which I am thinking about is Window Films.
Use Garware. The best suncontrol films I have ever seen and used, Come in wide range and quality. The best

Last edited by aah78 : 25th July 2007 at 22:23. Reason: multiple posts in limited time merged
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:37   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjayp11 View Post
Use Garware. The best suncontrol films I have ever seen and used, Come in wide range and quality. The best
have you also used llumar and 3m and vkool?
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:12   #95
BHPian

Lot of people say that garware is trash and never go for it. Even car accessory guys( friends ) recommend llumar and v-cool. In this thread you can find lot of posts asking not to go for garware.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:56   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Did you get your front and rear windsreen also with ASR 75? I was exploring the same option for my SWIFT. How about the side windows ? Can you let me know where this TINT MART is located? I am put up near Queens Road !

Ram P
I got the front windscreen done. The rear was tinted by the dealer when I got the car. TINT MART is located in Raheja Arcade opposite Life Style on Richmond Road.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Sanjayp11 is advertising for Garware. He's got 5 posts and all of it have Garware in it. :-)

Make your choice based on needs and budget.

V-kool is the most expensive with lot of features. Llumar and 3M are VFM and come in a wide range.
Old 24th July 2007, 01:43   #98
Senior - BHPian

I have been using 3M on all my cars so far and find the quality to be extremely good. They are sure, value for money. I had the 3M RE-35 sun film fitted on my Esteem 3 years ago for 4K and I must admit that its worth the price.
Old 24th July 2007, 08:47   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjayp11 View Post
I also use Garware cause its VFM and affordable.

HOWEVER, ITS NOT THE BEST. There are other expensive options which perform much better.

The most accepted order is Garware< 3M< Llumar< Vkool.
Old 25th July 2007, 06:13   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Lot of people say that garware is trash and never go for it. Even car accessory guys( friends ) recommend llumar and v-cool. In this thread you can find lot of posts asking not to go for garware.
I don't think that Garware is trash. It's one of the best VFM option that you can get at that price point. I know hundreds of folks who swear by Garware. The best buy for all those who can't afford Llumar/Vkool/3M.
Old 25th July 2007, 10:04   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I don't think that Garware is trash. It's one of the best VFM option that you can get at that price point. I know hundreds of folks who swear by Garware. The best buy for all those who can't afford Llumar/Vkool/3M.
What is that price point (i..e, the price for Garware side + back) ?
Old 25th July 2007, 10:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
What is that price point (i..e, the price for Garware side + back) ?
probably 700-900 bucks. 1.5k for the front.
Old 25th July 2007, 19:05   #103
BANNED

For Garware, SIde + back - cheapest at Kochi is 750-950. Depending on whether the installer uses the raw material from a sheet or "kit". "Kit" thing (precut) costs more for same variant. Classic and International (Do not remember the exact names or price hierarchy) cost slightly more - 1200 to 1800. Expect variance of 250 to 500 between different shops.
At one place I enquired, front glass costs 3000K for garware. Most guys discourage installing on front glass.

Does anybody in Cochin have it installed on front glass? I want to have a look.
Old 25th July 2007, 20:14   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
At one place I enquired, front glass costs 3000K for garware. Most guys discourage installing on front glass.

Does anybody in Cochin have it installed on front glass? I want to have a look.
Usually comes to 1500 in trivandrum.

There are a lot of innova's on the highway (saw many last weekend) with front tints- most of them have a green kinda reflection when looked head on.
Old 25th July 2007, 22:20   #105
Team-BHP Support

AFAIK garware is also a good product for regular usage, just coz this is cheap to buy doesnt really imply that it is a "CHEAP product"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed