Team-BHP - where to get Digital voltmeter ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   where to get Digital voltmeter ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/67866-where-get-digital-voltmeter.html)

where to get Digital voltmeter ? ,some thing cheap here itself ?

Just feed + and - and it should give 4 LED voltage read out .

like this - LINK

If nothing works , you can get a digital multimeter (~rs 600) and make the casing of your choice with it :)

DIY ?

You can get a digital Volt Meter from Pete's - though a little expense IMHO

Cheers

you will similar ones in the accessory shops around town, i had seen a digital one for 900 in a local shop.

actually you can get analog voltmeters pretty cheap. just that they wont be good looking!

I think the best place will be either a hardware shop or en electronics components shop. Of course any smugglers paradise will be real cheap. The most common is 3-1/2 digits ie reading to 1999

you should get hold of an LED panel voltmeter at SP road.

i have a analog lying around my place. its the mahindra jeep voltmeter fixed in a single pod. mahindra in maruti didn't go along for long but was helpful in troubleshooting electrical problem.
Many of the lcd/led panel meters i have seen in electronics market don't read the voltage of circuit which is used to power the meter also. it needs a separate power source/battery, i don't know why.

Bumping up an old thread.

Carrying a multimeter in the car over a prolonged period of time is never good for the multimeter. And neither is it something one can use to monitor battery voltage or alternator output on a regular basis while driving. I had been contemplating about a workaround, including carrying one of those automotive meters - robust but bulky, though I have no intention of digging a hole into the dash on any car and installing one.

Until I found this neat little device - a digital voltmeter that one can plug into the 12V charger socket and get constant digital voltage readings while driving. It's quite self-explanatory, and the link to ebay.in where I got it is here: New Digital Led Display Car Auto Battery Voltmeter Panel DC 12/24v Voltage Meter. Cost Rs.487 + Rs.39 shipping.

Some pics (including a few from the site itself):

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmetr-1.jpg

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmetr-2.jpg

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmetr-3.jpg

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmetr-4.jpg

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmeter.jpg

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmeter1.jpg

where to get Digital voltmeter ?-voltmetr.jpg

A little slip of paper accompanying the product says (in addition to what is detailed on the webpage):
Quote:

ALTHOUGH NOT NECESSARY BUT FOR LONGER LIFE OF THE PRODUCT PLEASE NOTE:
  • Do not use while starting the engine or while driving. The device may get damaged with the high current so produced.
  • Don't let the voltmeter to stay in the socket for long periods of time.
  • Don't use it more than 2 minutes in 24V cars.
  • For accurate reading of the battery voltage, let the battery cool overnight. Next day use this meter to check voltage before (Ignition) starting the car.
  • If you want to monitor the battery charging voltage, insert this meter into the socket only after starting the engine.
  • When not in use, keep the meter out of the socket and keep safely in cool & dry place.
  • The reading may flicker due to the units accurate / fast refresh rate.

All in all, a neat little device that looks and feels robust, with a very clear display that can be read even in bright daylight. Have not checked for reading error against my regular multimeter yet, but going by the display, things seem to be okay.

Now to see how long this lasts with regular use.