Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2005, 22:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

hehehhe,

when its a stock replacement all u need ios the filter.its og the same size as ur OE filter.

just remove ur original filter an dreplace it with the new one.and then forget about it.

this carpowergrid i sdefinitely a better deal.

about the conical filter ,atleast it did not work for me.u always have to be careful during rains as water gets splashed on it.

go for this one.
Old 30th July 2005, 00:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey speedsatya
So your saying the oE is better than the conical performance one right(im a bit confused) and if i change it and put the oe one which is a direct fit i will get a gain in Fe and will there also be a difference in the intake sound ??

by the way is that the one you have in your zen ??

Rev
Old 30th July 2005, 01:53   #18
BANNED

yes...will it give out any kind of sound if i get a stock replacement filter...and u just said that it will not make a difference if i get stock filter installed from anywhere...somebody tols me sometime back that there are different ways of installing stock filter and this dude has his custom made pipe to install it in a proper way...does automech install it properly?
Old 30th July 2005, 11:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey speedsatya
So your saying the oE is better than the conical performance one right(im a bit confused) and if i change it and put the oe one which is a direct fit i will get a gain in Fe and will there also be a difference in the intake sound ??

Rev

the only differnce i felt with my conical filter was the sound.cannot say if my FE did really go up ,but yeah i did feel a gain in performance initially.but with time,i felt it actually went down.not sure though.

also u had to be careful during rains,as water gets easily splashed on to it in a zen.so used to revert to my OE filter during rains.now suddenly i used to get better FE an d better performance with my stock MGP filter .it coul dbe possible that as we dont travel fast during rains i was getting the better FE figures.

so when i discussed this with my friends,wven they used to get the same problems.

but when i changed to the stock replacement k&n filter,i do feel my FE has gone up along with slight improvement in performance.

Quote:

yeah , i had the conical one

now i have th estock replacement filter ,fo rwhich all you have to do is chuck the OE filter ,and replace it with the k&n.

Quote:

somebody tols me sometime back that there are different ways of installing stock filter
i dont know what crap is that somebody talking of.how can there be more than 1 ways of fitting a stock filter when all u have to do is put into your air box.

abt the conical filter ,yeah i think there ar edifferent ways where u can make an extension of the air intake ,so that the filter is placed below the front bumper so that it draws fresh air.may be u can ask Dragger or Iceman about this.

Quote:

does automech install it properly?
you dont need anyone to install the stock replacement filter,it is of teh same size as your original filter.u can do it your self.

if its automech u have to pay more this site and spend on fuel.

why dont u call up automech ,and tell us what happened
Old 30th July 2005, 12:16   #20
BHPian

One word of advice-
IMO the Univesal conical is a better filter -
BUT - you have to site it properly.
a few of the small cars dont have enough space in the engine bay & you end up siting it poorly, thus taking in a lot of hot air from the engine bay & radiator fan
OTOH, a correct siting would be to use pipes to site it lower and get the cold air, but not advisable due to our weather and water splash

I have been very careful when fiitng it on my baleno so as to not draw hot air and its working beautifully.

I had made a mistake while fitting it in the matiz (no space there anyway) and as a result suffered a power drop during summer days, while it worked beautifully at night!!

For siting the filter- ensure it is away from the exhaust side of your radiator fan, definitelt not in the direct path

As close to a cold air source as possible

as far from the engine as possible(again to avoid heat)
Old 30th July 2005, 12:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead

I had made a mistake while fitting it in the matiz (no space there anyway) and as a result suffered a power drop during summer days, while it worked beautifully at night!!

)
yeah that is what use dto happen in my car.

but my friends vtec also shows better performance and FE with a stock replacement filter.

BTW,do u find any differnce in your baleno.and where have u fitted it????any pics
Old 30th July 2005, 15:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

so dude where will i get the oe replecaement filter that you have and i can put it in a carb zen right ??

how much will it cost and will there be a Noticible differnece in sound or only a slight as the revs climb.??

Rev
Old 30th July 2005, 17:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
yeah that is what use dto happen in my car.

but my friends vtec also shows better performance and FE with a stock replacement filter.

BTW,do u find any differnce in your baleno.and where have u fitted it????any pics

I've fitted it in lieu of the original airbox making sure that no draft from the fan comes onto it

pics will follow in my total report on the car, wacth the reviws section some time soon.

Definite difference to be felt, but the sound is muted as compared to the growl it emitted in the matiz! Also the matiz really needed one so you could feel iit in the lower end, here the lower end on the baleno is so good, its there, but not as easily noticeable.
Post K&N havent hit the highway yet, wehre i'm hoping that it would free up some top end revs.
Old 3rd August 2005, 05:21   #24
BHPian

hey i read this article somewhere on the net which showed surprising negative results with k&n filters !! it gave the explanation that it had lesser filteratin than stock filters!! that is, it let in more dirt along with more air!!!
Old 7th September 2005, 23:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here tried K&N on a santro? also , would it help with pickup?
Old 8th September 2005, 04:21   #26
BHPian

hey buddy rev. i can arrange for the K&N box replacement for your car if you need one...also jkdas i have installed a K&N filter on a santro and yes it does make a noticeable difference..if you need one just drop in a pm and get back to with the prices and model's available...cheers...!!
Old 8th September 2005, 08:43   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Anyone here tried K&N on a santro? also , would it help with pickup?
Hey,

I have a universal 3" conical filter on my santro xing with a custom made intake and makes a hell of a difference especially in the bottom end. The power delivery across the power band has improved and the top speed has gone upto speedo indicated 180 with ac on.

Viper
Old 8th September 2005, 21:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

I have a universal 3" conical filter on my santro xing with a custom made intake and makes a hell of a difference especially in the bottom end. The power delivery across the power band has improved and the top speed has gone upto speedo indicated 180 with ac on.

Viper
180 ? 180kmph ..a santro?

maybe speedo err.
Old 8th September 2005, 21:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
hey buddy rev. i can arrange for the K&N box replacement for your car if you need one...also jkdas i have installed a K&N filter on a santro and yes it does make a noticeable difference..if you need one just drop in a pm and get back to with the prices and model's available...cheers...!!
mate, can teh mod be executed by me? i sold my old santro last week and would be gettingthe new one 2mrw:d . and i dont think i can swap in teh k&n 2 a new car coz it kills teh warranty ..right?
Old 9th September 2005, 10:03   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
180 ? 180kmph ..a santro?

maybe speedo err.
Hey,

I have said it is speedo indicated. Dont know what the percentage of error on a santro is. Used to be able to do 160kmph before the filter.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks