Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 22:07   #16
BHPian

@ GTO

What shade & make is the sun film? It looks very classy on a black car.

@ Jigbarai

The BMW was a Z4, I've seen this show.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ok one advice, get the purest wax available and make a protective layer now itself. So that this gloss stays for long, one thing the old man has taught me and i did after getting the 3M job done.
Shouldn't/wouldn't the detailer do it?

Product/process do you use to make the protective layer?
Old 30th October 2009, 23:42   #18
Team-BHP Support

Usually dealers put the new age liquid wax, which is very thin and wears off fast. Use good quality, pure wax (read not liquid stuff or ones with rubbing content). They are hard to apply but well worth the effort.

Apply with clean white cotton waste and buff off with another cotton bunch.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:39   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ok one advice, get the purest wax available and make a protective layer now itself.
Thanks. Any suggested make & brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice ! I would recomend a car-bra if you do a lot of highway trips.
This car's my only highway star. Have some chipping on the front bumper, but not enough to get worried. Plus, I hate the look of a car-bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
What shade & make is the sun film? It looks very classy on a black car.
Vkool. Don't remember the exact shade #, but I do remember choosing 1 level lower than jet black.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks. Any suggested make & brand?
Rudra's suggestion is Waxpol pure carnauba wax. Red dabba with a greenish wax inside.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....how about some credit to the owner for maintaining this car well
Of course. A car has to be well maintained if it can be detailed nicely.

Quote:
Pervez is a thorough professional (and an articulate Parsi), I doubt he'd send any car back with swirl marks.
I agree. His charges are premium but he knows his job. When he paints a car, the finish is just excellent. He is one guy who uses what he says he uses and thats quality for you.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:45   #22
BHPian

Three (pointed) Star shine!
Old 5th November 2009, 16:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Man, that's shinier than a new Merc - simply outstanding work

And that 2nd picture is a killer, Rush!
Old 15th September 2010, 18:03   #24

I think he does the best job in the city & cant agree with you more took your advise my 4 year old skoda laura now looks brand new by the way he uses a brand of polish called Farecla (must check the spelling) he's given me a small cup of the stuff that can be used to remove hairline scratches, called Farecla single step polish. Pervez is a typical meticulous Parsi guy who is an enthusiast & is deep into auto paint he does work on some really big & beautiful cars I saw a Maserati quadroport & a bright yellow Lambo at his workshop. thanks for the lead cheers

Quote:
Pervez @ the Mazda Motors body shop runs a tight ship. His clientelle includes premium brand authorised service stations who send customer cars there for paint jobs.

Thanks to BHPian "Mad Monkey" for the contact. I've tried out 5 different exterior detailers in the last 3 years, but no one was able to give me the "liquid" exterior finish that Pervez manages with his polishing job. His pricing is premium (Rs. 5,500 for the exterior detailing) but well worth it for a premium car. Time taken = 2 days with 2 / 3 people working on the car at all times.

As in my Interior Detailing Review (Interior Detailing Review : Rhyme N Rhythm), I shall let the results speak for themselves. Again, does she look like a 4.5 year old 60,000 kms car running factory paint?

Attachment 218364

Attachment 218365

Attachment 218366

Attachment 218367

Attachment 218368

Attachment 218369

Attachment 218370

Attachment 218371
Old 16th September 2010, 13:00   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-power View Post
took your advise my 4 year old skoda laura now looks brand new by the way he uses a brand of polish called Farecla (must check the spelling) he's given me a small cup of the stuff that can be used to remove hairline scratches, called Farecla single step polish. Pervez is a typical meticulous Parsi guy who is an enthusiast & is deep into auto paint he does work on some really big & beautiful cars I saw a Maserati quadroport & a bright yellow Lambo at his workshop. thanks for the lead cheers
Hey, I'm glad my review was of help to you. How about posting pictures of your Laura, while she's shining et al

Yes, Pervez always has some very interesting cars in his garage.
Old 20th April 2011, 04:48   #26
BHPian

Re: Exterior Detailing Review : Mazda Motors

Well, this thread is long-dead, but i need assistance, I have a 2007 Honda Civic, And it has done rounds to multiple local guys, honestly, I am sick of expecting anything good for cheap. My front bumper is also broken will he fix that for me too or will i have to go somewhere else for that. How much will a full-body black (nighthawk black) paint job cost me? Hope it isn't as expensive as the company claims (Rs.42,000/- :O). I am super convinced with the quality of the work which can be seen in GTO's Mercedes, insane stuff bro, she looks super smooth.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:44   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
How much will a full-body black (nighthawk black) paint job cost me? Hope it isn't as expensive as the company claims (Rs.42,000/-
Actually, a full body paint job will easily cost you more than 42K. Pervez' paint costs are on par / higher than authorised service stations. His quality of work is also better than most of them. I remember him quoting 1.25 lakhs (or in the ballpark) for a W124 Benz.

I would recommend a Pervez paint job for the really premium cars (Mercedes & above, vintage cars etc.). But for a Honda, you should consider other VFM options.
Old 20th April 2011, 13:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO, how do their paint jobs compare to that of the factory?

I'm especially interested in knowing about pearl-metallic paints. Most ppl are not able to replicate the exact factory metallic paint as there are many variables involved etc.

And can you inquire what brand paints they use?(especially clearcoat)

If they're using PPG, then I'm driving down to Mumbai!

Last edited by sohail99 : 20th April 2011 at 13:28.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, a full body paint job will easily cost you more than 42K. Pervez' paint costs are on par / higher than authorised service stations. His quality of work is also better than most of them. I remember him quoting 1.25 lakhs (or in the ballpark) for a W124 Benz.

I would recommend a Pervez paint job for the really premium cars (Mercedes & above, vintage cars etc.). But for a Honda, you should consider other VFM options.
I read a couple of your other threads too, you seem to have a honda civic yourself, can you suggest some good/economical exterior guy in mumbai?
Old 12th April 2012, 14:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Again, does she look like a 4.5 year old 60,000 kms car running factory paint?
Stumbled upon this and all i can say is WOW !!!

On a car, black looks best when its gleaming and shining but many people shy away (dejectedly) since its painful to maintain the gloss like new on a black car.

In your case, after so many years, she still looks as good as new (and this considering the coastal Mumbai weather which is a lot harsher than non coastal places).

5.5k sounds steep in the beginning but for a job that needs to be done twice a year, its definitely worth it.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th April 2012 at 14:26.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks