Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 20:50   #31
BHPian

Pictures as of Today

Hi guys

Ok here are the latest pictures she looks to be delayed by a fortnight as the most important part of the rebuild process starts now fitting all the small things back in porder so that the doors shut well and no squeaks from the dashboard sorry the pictures might be slightly low res. Do let me know your take on the alloys and the colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan X-trail When I bought It-img00087.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-img00088.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-img00090.jpg  

aatish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2009, 20:58   #32
BHPian

@Predator no problems I am based in Madgaon the thing with my vehicle as far as leela is concerned they have enough forex revenues in their chain of hotels to justify the 8 times revenue requirement by the customs and excise department. So what i get is clear papers to get a fresh registration done for my vehicle. Thanks a ton for answering a lot of questions that I would have had to ;-). I just posted a few pics of the work almost nearing completion.

Does anyone out there have any bashed up audi or porsche pass it here we should be able to set her right and I am sure there are a lot of buyers here.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
AFAIK, when a total loss is claimed, the vehicle is taken off the record from the RTO. Where is the question of converting it to private vehicle when there is no record of it at all ?
In the US, this is called as a salvage title.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:19   #34
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

Also, do take the effort to type your post out in full & proper english + punctuation.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2009 at 19:52.
livyodream is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th November 2009, 19:12   #35
BHPian

Last picture and what she will look like when ready

A picture that I missed out and the picture that I based my car upon
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan X-trail When I bought It-image_229.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-grey2.jpg  

aatish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 19:50   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Perfect choice of colour! Lookin' good. Since you've saved quite a packet on the deal, how about splurging on some really nice alloy wheels? The X-Trail could make for a heck of a bling machine

@ Predatorwheelz : Thanks for the comprehensive info, man!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2009, 00:01   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatish View Post
Does anyone out there have any bashed up audi or porsche pass it here we should be able to set her right and I am sure there are a lot of buyers here.
Don't know about bashed ones - there used to be a 911 in customs - for how long it's been there it might have become a wreck by now! If you know someone in customs you could try asking if she's still around .
Old 14th November 2009, 13:16   #38
evo
BHPian

@predatorwheelz: Whoa, you do know a lot about the EPCG route considering that you are not from the hospitality industry (AFAIK). Thanks a ton for the info.

@aatish : both your cars look brilliant. On top of that, the 12 Lakh combined pricetag. What a killer deal. Congratulations.

One more question though: How does customs treat import of used/new spares when you get it down yourself?
Old 14th November 2009, 13:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Evo, thanks. I'm not in the hospitality industry, I'm in corporate banking. The knowledge comes from experience gained, when CBs do business with clients in HI .

Are you referring to import of used/new spares under EPCG? In that case, you have to show that the imports are for technological upgradation of previously imported capital assets.

2 rules. First, the application from tech upgrade can be made only 5 years after granting of license (or acquiring of asset). Secondly, the period remaining gets reset, depending on how you project the TU will enhance the asset.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:02   #40
BHPian

Are you referring to import of used/new spares under EPCG? In that case, you have to show that the imports are for technological upgradation of previously imported capital assets.

2 rules. First, the application from tech upgrade can be made only 5 years after granting of license (or acquiring of asset). Secondly, the period remaining gets reset, depending on how you project the TU will enhance the asset.[/quote]

@predatorwheelz: I think what evo is looking for is an answer to bringing it in as personal baggage

@evo the only way to do it is by making friends at the airport and you know how that works
Old 14th November 2009, 14:05   #41
BHPian

@techn0l0gist have already procured Information working on seeing the cost of procuring of what I hear she is a left hand drive could be the reason she was abandoned.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

"Predator no problems I am based in Madgaon the thing with my vehicle as far as leela is concerned they have enough forex revenues in their chain of hotels to justify the 8 times revenue requirement by the customs and excise department. So what i get is clear papers to get a fresh registration done for my vehicle."

The part about Clear papers I don't get Aatish since you have not yet transfered to a private number? and When transfering there will be remarks that it was an ex EPGC car( even if it was scrapped) so balance customs duty etc revenue would be demanded wouldnt it not be? This is India as someone said earlier but gov't agencies were not born yesterday Unless you are going in for the Jhol route I don't see how you are going to be able to register this car in an above board fashion.

Do let all of us know how the registration truns out as it will be truely be an achievement cheers

Last edited by canonball : 14th November 2009 at 15:43.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:39   #43
BHPian

@Canonball the rule for EPCG utilisation stands as follows

"Export obligation would be refixed such that total export
obligation mandated for both capital goods would be sum
total of 6 times of duty saved on both the capital goods, to
be fulfilled in 8 years from new authorisation issue-date"

Source - Foreign Trade Policy 2004-2009 DGFT (Director General of foreign trade)

As per the above rules in the case of the x-trail the duty saved is approximately 9 lacs which means that from date of import ie sep 2004 to sep 2009 (date the vehicle was released from T-plate registration) the hotel should have earned forex of approximately 54 lacs if taking a dollar @ 44 averaged for the last five years it translates into USD earnings of approximately 1,27,000 USD if we take an average approximate room night cost at any 5 start hotel in India as 200 USD we would need 635 room nights across the group to satisfy the above obligation of EPCG. After which the asset imported under the scheme is treated as a normal asset i.e. in this case a normal T-plate vehicle. Hence a normal T-plate vehicle can be sold by canceling its T-plate number and the new buyer has to pay required OTT on the depreciated value of the vehicle. Which is what I would have to do. Hope this clears your doubt and NO I WOULD NOT TAKE THE JHOL ROUTE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear this. Thanks for the EPGC info I assume you are taking into account that the group also has several cars (a large fleet from what I have gathered) in this scheme so your average assumption covers for their entire inventory against EPGC committment? The hotel I presume is not going to let go of its EPCG credit for your benefit and have been at it for decades but I assume you have it all figured out so would be very keen to know how things panout on the reg front do keep us clued in cheers

Last edited by canonball : 16th November 2009 at 10:55.
Old 29th November 2009, 00:16   #45
BHPian

aatish sir hows the x-trail coming out?? long since we got any updates.
Why do I think you got yourself another banged treat?? (like a beemer or a porsche)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks