Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 19:07   #1
BHPian

Nissan X-trail When I bought It

Hi Guys

This a follow up to my first car project Mercedes C class http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...merc-w203.html

I happened to buy a Nissan X-trail in salvage condition at the same garage applied the same work to this one as the Merc and she should be ready next week.

Here I am posting pictures of the the prework car.

Hope she looks smart once complete. The car had done about 60k kms. And the price post work and cost cutting should be 6 lacs its a December 2005 x-trail.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan X-trail When I bought It-100_0612.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-100_0613.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-100_0614.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-100_0615.jpg  

Nissan X-trail When I bought It-100_0621.jpg  

aatish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 19:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi ,
This is a T-Board X-trail. This must definitely be from the the Leela Group of Hotels .They have a fleet of Nissan X-Trails doing service for them.Anyways all the best for your next job.Definitely going to be a stunner like the c-class.
Post pictures throughout the process.
Regards
Arjun
Old 10th November 2009, 19:26   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, you really have a thing for flippin' around accident cars, eh? I gotta admit that the 6 lakh rupees post-repair cost seems mouth watering. This particular X-Trail doesn't seem to have any major structural damage. I've always been a fan of deals in the used car market, but you take it to an entirely different level!

Do you sell them off for a tidy profit or retain for personal use?
Old 10th November 2009, 20:03   #4
BHPian

Yes Arjun spot on its a leela vehicle that was on the road just about 20 months, she is almost ready will post pictures you would be a good judge of how its turned out.

GTO these are my first two attempts both of which I plan to use the X-trail hardly has any structural damage. The merc was obtained at about the same price tag. Thanks for the compliment
Old 10th November 2009, 21:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatish View Post
Yes Arjun spot on its a leela vehicle that was on the road just about 20 months, she is almost ready will post pictures you would be a good judge of how its turned out.

GTO these are my first two attempts both of which I plan to use the X-trail hardly has any structural damage. The merc was obtained at about the same price tag. Thanks for the compliment
Thank you.Definitely going to be a stunner , know that for sure.I know that for sure because of your past work on the c-class.
Eagerly waiting for the pics.How much time do u approximately take to do this kind of job?
And do you do this professionally?
Old 10th November 2009, 21:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

wont it cost you more to convert to a white board/

any suspension damage on this one?
Old 10th November 2009, 21:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice one, I can't wait to see the end result!

If the car is registered as a taxi won't you have to re-register it as a private car? How much will this cost?
Old 10th November 2009, 21:57   #8
BHPian

nice job..
you now have a c class and a X-trail both for less than 1.5million.. SWEET.
Does the 6 lakhs include new nissan parts (i know its a no but just confirming) or cheap duplicates or parts salvaged from scrap yards? and in the third case how do you manage to locate and import the parts?
Sorry for the multiple questions
Old 10th November 2009, 22:05   #9
Team-BHP Support

But this one seems more complicated, rear suspension busted? Hope chassis side was ok?
Old 10th November 2009, 22:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Does the 6 lakhs include new nissan parts (i know its a no but just confirming)
Now that the Forester is not around, X-Trail tops the chart for most expensive parts among premium SUVs sold here.
It is going to be an interesting project.
Old 11th November 2009, 15:57   #11
BHPian

hmm.. 6 Lakhs for the car and for say 3 Lakhs for spares n refurbishing making a total of 9 Lakhs for a 3 year old XTrail, thats sweet.

I do not understand the reason for selling these kind if car. Take 2 of your cars as examples, Merc n X-Trail, Dont they have insurance to get it back to shape? Why should someone sell for dirt cheap rates? Or is it the insurance people sell these after owner claimind a total loss ?
Old 11th November 2009, 18:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

He has mentioned that the total costing after the fixing would be around 6 lakh
Old 11th November 2009, 20:09   #13
BHPian

6 post all the job done ? wow
Old 11th November 2009, 23:36   #14
BHPian

The only cost not taken into account is payment to convert the vehicle into a private registration which I don't expect to be very high as the Invoice value of the vehicle in 2005 was 12 lacs which with a 20% per annum depreciation should work out to about 6 lacs value today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
nice job..
you now have a c class and a X-trail both for less than 1.5million.. SWEET.
Does the 6 lakhs include new nissan parts (i know its a no but just confirming) or cheap duplicates or parts salvaged from scrap yards? and in the third case how do you manage to locate and import the parts?
Sorry for the multiple questions
Akshay the 6 lacs includes everything All most all parts are from salvage yards in UK as i figured from my merc remake that UK has one of the cheapest salvage yards. How I got the stuff down 120 kgs of parts on a kingfisher flight without paying no excess baggage (helps to know people in the airlines) and some haggling with customs in Mumbai too.

This is not my business just passion and the JOB GETS DONE BECAUSE OF GREAT WORKMANSHIP AND HELP FROM SERVICE INN IN GOA OLIVER COUTINHO for those who are from goa will know very well.

Both these cars are intended for personal use. The choice was getting a brand new Chevorlet optra magnum or get two of these cars and fit it within the cost of a new chevorlet magnum i.e 12.5 lacs. Only hitch here is no bank is willing to finance a wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
wont it cost you more to convert to a white board/

any suspension damage on this one?
Yes there was suspension damage had to replace the right side entire assembly tie rods and stabaliser bar. Big problem was finding a diffrential casing as that had taken a hit and bringing down a diffrential via air was impossible managed to convince a breaker to split the diffrential and give me the casing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But this one seems more complicated, rear suspension busted? Hope chassis side was ok?
Slight damage on the chasis nothing that good indian car bangers cannot get in place very minor work on chasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Now that the Forester is not around, X-Trail tops the chart for most expensive parts among premium SUVs sold here.
It is going to be an interesting project.
Well if you manage to get spares the way I did they cost just about the same as swift diesel spares :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
hmm.. 6 Lakhs for the car and for say 3 Lakhs for spares n refurbishing making a total of 9 Lakhs for a 3 year old XTrail, thats sweet.

I do not understand the reason for selling these kind if car. Take 2 of your cars as examples, Merc n X-Trail, Dont they have insurance to get it back to shape? Why should someone sell for dirt cheap rates? Or is it the insurance people sell these after owner claimind a total loss ?
Both the cars were purchased from owners for me I was willing to take the challenge of putting these cars into shape not a lot of people are upto that. The X-trail was very unique and sold by leela after a total loss given by the insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
He has mentioned that the total costing after the fixing would be around 6 lakh
YEs the total cost is 6 lacs after fixing have also procured a set of sporty alloys with rounded fat spokes compared to the flat ones these alloys were not marketed with the Indian x-trail. Also have done a repaint job on the car to a different color as I could not bear to have a silver Merc and a Silver x-trail ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
6 post all the job done ? wow
Your right about the cars at Oliver Man he does an awesome job on the vehicles

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th November 2009 at 00:13. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 12th November 2009, 12:18   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatish View Post
Both these cars are intended for personal use. The choice was getting a brand new Chevorlet optra magnum or get two of these cars and fit it within the cost of a new chevorlet magnum i.e 12.5 lacs. Only hitch here is no bank is willing to finance a wreck
Man, you got my mouth watering! But sources, contacts in the right places & information must be key to finding such cars cheap?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks