Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 17:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Sanjeev, are those angel eyes CFL or LED? It looks like CFL. The car is really looking mean in that shade! Hope the Red colour suits better.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:57   #62
BHPian

hi,
More pictures will be updated this week end.

I have a few doubts and would appreciate if anybody can help me.
  1. Which is the best place for fixing the cold air intake suction -i mean, is it better if i connect it to the stock suction area (near the headlights) or to cut a hole in the inner mudguard and connect it there?
  2. Is the stock hose after the airfilter for the suction (flexible) available in the market?
  3. Is the gasket for the exhaust headers readily available or should i cut them from a gasket sheet? in case i go for the later option, what should be the thickness of the gasket?
  4. Is there any steel beedings available for the front glass?
Thanks in advance
Old 18th May 2010, 01:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor View Post
I have a few doubts and would appreciate if anybody can help me.
  1. Which is the best place for fixing the cold air intake suction -i mean, is it better if i connect it to the stock suction area (near the headlights) or to cut a hole in the inner mudguard and connect it there?
Buddy whats the point of the hood scoop if you are not going to use it for the CAI?
Anyway I do not think it is a good idea to cut a hole in the inner mudguard. Chances of it sucking in water are very high & we all know that's not a good thing!!
Hope to see some pictures soon!
Cheers
Old 18th May 2010, 11:06   #64
BHPian

Menacing looks in black.. Great work "Sanjeevkanjoor". Always been a fan of the muscle cars and contessa is just the one in india. Good luck with the rest of your project. Damn.. I'm subscribing to this thread right away.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which is the best place for fixing the cold air intake suction -i mean, is it better if i connect it to the stock suction area (near the headlights) or to cut a hole in the inner mudguard and connect it there?
Keep it at the stock area

Quote:
Is the stock hose after the airfilter for the suction (flexible) available in the market?
I dont think so, you could use the matador one instead, remember them being quite long and flexible enough

Quote:
Is the gasket for the exhaust headers readily available or should i cut them from a gasket sheet? in case i go for the later option, what should be the thickness of the gasket?
It should be available, however it would be better if you used a copper sheet instead of the gasket sheet, and the thickness should be about 1/2 an mm.

Quote:
Is there any steel beedings available for the front glass?
Never found them, you could get them chromed instead
Old 18th May 2010, 17:38   #66
BHPian

Just to add to Psycho-
  • Which is the best place for fixing the cold air intake suction -i mean, is it better if i connect it to the stock suction area (near the headlights) or to cut a hole in the inner mudguard and connect it there?
The 1988 to 90 models, the air intake was on the right side of the radiator shroud (facing the car) and in the later carb models moved above the right wheel well (facing the car). The earlier layout needed additional fabrication on the shroud and also a couple of connection pipes and was discontinued on the newer carb models which also had a fibre shroud and could not support the intake hose weight.

In my opinion if you can put it back in the original location as the stock configuration in the radiator shroud and there is nothing like it. Else leaving it on the right wheel well (facing the car) pointing the wall is also fine.
  • Is the stock hose after the airfilter for the suction (flexible) available in the market?
It is available. Option as suggested by Psycho can be the Matador hose. The point is it should be of the same dia. Flexible enough to take the vibrations of the engine and static side on the body and at the same time rigid enough not to buckle under the vacuum.
Another option can use is a 60KVA diesel generators MS corrugated flexible exhaust pipe (3/4 inches dia). The advantage being you can chrome the air filter and the pipe and that will reduce the air temperature. Also the corrugations will increase the turbulence of the cold air intake.
  • Is the gasket for the exhaust headers readily available or should I cut them from a gasket sheet? In case I go for the later option, what should be the thickness of the gasket?
Yes it is readily available. It is a Copper Gasket with an asbestos sandwich.
  • Is there any steel beedings available for the front glass?
Most garnish items are difficult to get, and so is this piece. You can look at a second-hand option and mostly the plastic is cracked and oxidised to a yellow tint.

The steel beadings on the front and rear glass are actually flexible plastic strips with and Al embedded foil. Only the corners are SS angles for holding these strips in the beeding and aesthetics. You can custom make the strips in another material that is rigid but will compromise the safety in case of a hit.

All the best and let us know if you aill need any spares or otherwise.

Miyer
Old 18th May 2010, 19:09   #67
BHPian

Thanks a lot Miyer and Physcho

Miyer, please find attached the pictures of the suction hose and please let me know where to get them and also the gaskets for the exhaust headers.

I will try to keep the intake suction in the stock position only.

Regarding the beedings for the front glass, i had already ordered a new set from chennai but I would like to get them chromed and is there any place in India where i can get this done?
Attached Thumbnails
My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-headers.jpg  

Old 18th May 2010, 19:35   #68
BHPian

Thanks a lot Miyer and Physcho

Any time Sanjeev

Miyer, please find attached the pictures of the suction hose and please let me know where to get them and also the gaskets for the exhaust headers.

The hose looks good except from a crack in the elbow bend. You can salvage this and continue to use it in case we don’t find a new one. I will tell you the method if we don’t find a new one. I will check with the spares guy here and let you know.

I will try to keep the intake suction in the stock position only.

Like I said the intake is heading into the radiator shroud in the picture.

Regarding the beedings for the front glass, i had already ordered a new set from chennai but I would like to get them chromed and is there any place in India where i can get this done?

Nope you can’t get rubber chromed here. Even Plating on Plastic is a stretch and only small articles like monograms and fancy articles are plated on ABS. There is one guy in Pune who was willing to attempt to chrome the front grill. Somehow didn’t push later.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:28   #69
BHPian

Would look like one when completed.
Attached Thumbnails
My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-1970-plymouth-barracuda.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-1970plymouthcudarosrasy1152x864.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-1970plymouthgtx05.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2010, 11:57   #70
BHPian

i friend of mine tried something on someone elses Contessa. Am attaching a few pic.

Its not outta this world kinda mod, but it's decent enough to get a mention. Trully srry if hijacked the thread for a while or stepped on toes.

Yours on the other hand is coming out good. best of luck.
Attached Thumbnails
My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03946.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03947.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03956.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03961.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03964.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03965.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-dsc03966.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd May 2010, 22:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekpsingh View Post
i friend of mine tried something on someone elses Contessa. Am attaching a few pic.

Its not outta this world kinda mod, but it's decent enough to get a mention. Trully srry if hijacked the thread for a while or stepped on toes.

Yours on the other hand is coming out good. best of luck.
holy smokes, thats a hot looking contessa!
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:07   #72
BHPian

Its no doubt a good job but i prefer the stock contessas looks and i just feel trying to copy other muscle cars is kinda wannabe-ish. A well kept conti with a sparkling paintjob and- this is important - the ride height the same as the way it came from the factory. would look majestic without mods.Infact most mod jobs make the car look worse though they might say a lotta good things about the engineering abilities of the guy who did the mod job but they usually give away the fact that the artistic abilities are still lacking.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:48   #73
BHPian

well thaz a looker

i think the gratest thing that could be ever said about a mod job, is that it doesnt look like one
thats sweet to the years
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:12   #74
BHPian

waiting for pics on your progress
this one has the makings of something spectacular
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:00   #75
BHPian

hi,
The painting is complete. The electrical works,Upholstery and fixing the accessories are expected to be completed within 2 weeks. I will post the final pictures as soon as i have them .But for the time being, here are some snaps of the car in red (orange?) !
Attached Thumbnails
My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-17.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-18.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-19.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-24.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-27.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-35.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-37.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-48.jpg  

My Contessa modification. EDIT : Completed! PICS on pg 7-36.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com