Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 08:58   #241
BANNED

End Effect

You are right...The guys are highly approachable .The good thing about them is that they will listen to your needs.I went there yesterday regarding advice for my Car PC setup. I plan to install from them next week. Speedzak also recommended their shop..
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Heard That there's this new kids in town(Ernakulam) , End Effect , They are making good name for themselves.Those guys are from Bangalore if what i heard was right.
Old 17th August 2008, 08:55   #242
BHPian

ICE Installation @ Auto Shop Koramangala

I had been to Autoshop yesterday to get the ICE (JVC Head) and unknown brand of speakers checked on my brother in law's Getz (GLS).

Saw a pair of GT5-963 JBL Speakers, immediately paid about 2.7K for them + 850 for the wooden plank, got rid of the rear speakers (brand unknown).

This is the second time i dealt with Autoshop and had a very good experience, the first time was for my Neo Alloys + Michelins.

They also have a branch @ Banashankari IInd stage, will visit there sometime.

Some Pics of GT5-963 Multielement speakers:

big pic:

Car Accessories Shops In Various Cities-gt5963.jpg

smaller pic:
Car Accessories Shops In Various Cities-gt59632.jpg

I think its VFM, its rated @ 70W RMS, my BIL's car doesn't have a separate AMP, the head can deliver upto 50W RMS X 4.

Thanks
Rajiv
Old 20th August 2008, 01:45   #243
BHPian

Guys,
I m planning to buy a Mono block Amp and a Sub with enclosure (from Factory). I dont need such a high pressure level, but a good clear punch. Im not bothered about the Watt figures. My total budget is 15K

Which would be the best place to buy it in Bangalore ? Any brand suggestions considering my requirement.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 20th August 2008 at 01:47.
Old 20th August 2008, 09:04   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
I had been to Autoshop yesterday to get the ICE (JVC Head) and unknown brand of speakers checked on my brother in law's Getz (GLS).

Saw a pair of GT5-963 JBL Speakers, immediately paid about 2.7K for them + 850 for the wooden plank, got rid of the rear speakers (brand unknown).

This is the second time i dealt with Autoshop and had a very good experience, the first time was for my Neo Alloys + Michelins.

They also have a branch @ Banashankari IInd stage, will visit there sometime.

I think its VFM, its rated @ 70W RMS, my BIL's car doesn't have a separate AMP, the head can deliver upto 50W RMS X 4.

Thanks
Rajiv
Rajiv i am in hunt of good auto shop in Koramangla, Bangalore. Please let me know the number and address if possible as i need to buy some accessories for my car
Old 20th August 2008, 10:30   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Rajiv i am in hunt of good auto shop in Koramangla, Bangalore. Please let me know the number and address if possible as i need to buy some accessories for my car
Hi Aka,

Here is Autoshop's address:

M/S. SACHIN'S AUTOSHOP
Contact Person
Mr. Suraj .B. Darira
No. 432, Near Someshwara Temple, 1 st Main, 7th Block, Koramangala,
Bangalore -560 095.
Phone:30201567

Speak to Suraj or Kumar, you could refer my name to him stating that I recently purchased a set of Neo wheels & JBL Speakers, he will get it.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:28   #246

Blaupunkt THB 200/210 A

Hi Guys

Would anyone know where to get my hands on the above mentioned blaupunkts in bangalore.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:17   #247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Guys,
I m planning to buy a Mono block Amp and a Sub with enclosure (from Factory). I dont need such a high pressure level, but a good clear punch. Im not bothered about the Watt figures. My total budget is 15K

Which would be the best place to buy it in Bangalore ? Any brand suggestions considering my requirement.
MTX Magnum Audio MB212P Magna Bass Package Dual 12" sealed enclosure with 250-watt mono amplifier at Crutchfield.com
try this Sprocket deals with MTX goodies in bangalore
Old 27th August 2008, 00:40   #248
BHPian

can someone suggest a place in Bangalore close to the intl airport preferably, where philips blue vision bulbs can be purchased? need it in HB4/9006 size. any idea of the prices for a pair?

Last edited by cheap_deal : 27th August 2008 at 00:43.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:31   #249
Senior - BHPian

Avoid Car Shrigar on mission road bangalore like Plague

Hi All,

Based on a number of recommendations on this thread I went to Car shringar on Mission Road Bangalore , I got Set of 5 alloys for my Safari
Seat covers and a steering remote for my Pioneer system fitted from there.
prices at Car shringar was but higher then what I have got from other places but the guy there Akshay justified that he will do wheel balancing and fitting etc in same cost.
I made my requiremnt very clear that I have no intention of upsizing the tyres so no cutting of mudflap or body should happen and he assured me for the same.
They took the vehical away from my eyes and when it came back the result was disaster they had cut the fibre mudflap by a couple of inches from inside and also body panel which was not required. .

I was upset at the shop but thought it is OK as lot many people do it to put fatter tyres so no big deal but as a result of this there is a splash of mud on front doors and foot rest when I cross any mud puddle and my blood boils why I payed a couple of thousand extra to these bunch of jokers.

These guys have no knowledge about wheels and they do not understand what is offset or PCD.

The remote I brought was Ok for couple of days but seems the battery is worn out so I need to change it.

Seat cover job was anyway outsourced by them to a taylor from somewhere nearby and the Guy did a splendid job.

My 2 cents never go to this shop , the reputation Car Shringar got at this forum has gone above there heads.

Regards
Old 27th August 2008, 10:35   #250
Senior - BHPian

Aka_iitd

If you want some ordinary job like fog lamps , Seat covers , film etc.
You can get it done at finish line in Koramangla it is in the same lane as
Sachins auto shop in Koramangala or on the small lane opposit to Star Bazar.

The shop is small but the guys there are honest and listen and follow your instructions , I got my Pioneer DVD HU and JBL components speakers fitted from them.
if you need specialized jobs like custom fitment of speakers , damping etc
then please look in ICE section for some good installers.

Regards
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Old 27th August 2008, 13:14   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Rajiv

50W RMS on stock Hu ? is that an error? as i dont think any of the standard stock HUs give you that kind of output , 50 W max is fine ..... please check and confirm.... typical RMS rating is about 20W per channel i belive
Old 27th August 2008, 13:29   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
50W RMS on stock Hu ? is that an error? as i dont think any of the standard stock HUs give you that kind of output , 50 W max is fine ..... please check and confirm.... typical RMS rating is about 20W per channel i belive
Hey May be you are right, I may have overseen the word MAX on the head

Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 27th August 2008, 15:02   #253
Senior - BHPian

I think Rajiv has quoted what manufacturers put in product specification For example Pioneer 6050UB DVD manual mentions 50W RMS on each channel.

Folks in ICE section claim that HUs typically delever 20 W RMS , As the sound output is a complicated wave pattern and we can not arrive at any formula unlike simple Sine waves to calculate RMS from peak none of these claims can be substantiated. I do not think that Common people including so called good installers / gurus on ICE section have ever observed a typical output using oscilloscope and calculated the actual average RMS output over a period so 20 W should be taken with pinch of salt as 50 W from manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Old 31st August 2008, 13:35   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey May be you are right, I may have overseen the word MAX on the head

Thanks,
Rajiv
NO you were right , major manufacturers quote as RMS , The RMS is meaured at a perticular frequency using tone generators, This does not however mean that 50 W RMS will be obtained across the full audible freq spectrum an across all waveforms. Don't go by what so called gurus or installers say a measured output quoted by manufacturer is more relaible then what a self professed audio guru says.
Old 1st September 2008, 16:33   #255
BHPian

XENEX at madhapur, in Hyderabad is a complete ripoff, atleast when it comes to all car care products.
I checked the price certain items there. I saw this SONAX car wash and wax shampoo, they quoted Rs. 400 and the original price was around INR 380. Its ok. Not so high. Then this SONAX Interior car cleaner spray their price was Rs.600 and in the market it is available for around INR.400 . And there were some more items which were outrageously overpriced. I can't comment about the other ICE item and Alloys available there, as I am not aware of their actual prices. Looking at the price of these car care items, I dont think that those items too will not be fairly priced .
So people, beware of the prices quoted by these guys...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks