Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 13:49   #31

Hey Sure would be intrested in recaro seats..do u also have falme throwers and NOS ??
Old 6th January 2006, 14:09   #32
BHPian

Yup hot tracks is over priced in bangalore..not sure abt prodrive..then theres pitstop near lifestyle, car fancy in koramangala..and lots more but have never been to the rest of the place.
Any ideas where I can get sparco stuffs by seeing it actually rather than going through the brochures and then placing the order.
Old 6th January 2006, 14:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
there is a shop called pro drive near the shivajinagar bus stop...he has got all things like mufflers,alloys,neons,strobes,audio systems,tachs,k&n filters etc...so does a shop called hot tracks near residency road but he is highly overpriced..so i wud suggest pro drive for all those who want to get quality stuff but price is one issue bcoz of the assured quality..sincere advice to avoid hot tracks...btw does any1 have a 3.5" tacho for sale with the gear shift indicator bcoz i just cant find one in bangalore at all..pls help me guys...and for those who mind shellin out cash there is always jc road but a big comprmise on quality..
Hottracks is overpriced but can be bargained to very good prices. I recently upgraded to
1. 14* 6 R14 BSA Alloys for Rs 19000 with chrome plugs and stick on balancing weights.
2. 196/60 r14 GoodYear f1 tyres inlieu of Bridgestone s322 165/80 r13 for Rs 7500

The above prices are not bad and are just a 1 k more than Jc road on the whole.

On JC road there is a Shop called Car'N'Style for accessories and Super Tyre tech for wheels which are allright.
Old 6th January 2006, 14:41   #34
Joz
BHPian

[quote=islandman]The above prices are not bad and are just a 1 k more than Jc road on the whole.
[quote]

That said, isn't it better to buy at JC Road?? Any other advantage at Hot Tracks?
Old 6th January 2006, 14:55   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Hi,

had missed this post ..
I'm not too conversant abt the relative merits of different shops ..

For tyres and alloys, theres a good place on VIP road .. You can identify it by a Bridgestone / Exide hoarding on your right after crossing Lake Town, when you are going towards the Ultadanga crossing from the Airport ..

But I hear the best deals are available at Chandni market in central Kolkata .. loads of shops for all types of accessories ..
Chandni? I knew for all sorts of electronics, glass/electric/house-fittings articles etc chandni is good. But even for car accessories?! Boyy... I hope the stuff you get there is genuine though?
Old 6th January 2006, 15:12   #36
BHPian

[quote=Joz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
The above prices are not bad and are just a 1 k more than Jc road on the whole.
That said, isn't it better to buy at JC Road?? Any other advantage at Hot Tracks?
That was the decision I took ; I thought it was better to pay 1k xtra @ hottracks than buy from JC road. My comfort level. Period.

I bought all my small accesories @ Car'N' Style on Jc road bylane. Stuff like Pagi poda transparent floor mats,Exhaust tips etc etc....

Also Guys, What do you think is the best place for semi leather seats. what i mean is a mix of leather and art leather?

Last edited by islandman : 6th January 2006 at 15:18.
Old 6th January 2006, 15:22   #37
BHPian

Official Annoucement.

Hello Guys,
Blore T-Bhpians will be familiar with me... Hope to catch up with you all guys by the end of this week at patels...
No beating around the bush!!!

I am interested in starting the accessories business... Well it would be wrong if i say interested... it would me appropriate if i say... I am starting the business very soon.

The whole idea is to import stuff at rock bottom price and provide it to all at rock bottom price... Kind of win win situation for all.

I am starting with Neon Kits, HID kits, Spoilers etc...

No!! I would have shop or a store in Bangalore... the reason being... If i want to keep the cost low... I need to cut down the Opex. So all my brothers will be wondering what am i gonna do.

Pretty simple. I am gonna have a website with details,description and demonstaration of all the products I sell.

No!!! I am not implementing a cart system on the site for several reason. It will be a direct transaction. Site if for information purpose.

I want to make sure the stuff you all need is available to you at your price. I have been to almost all of the Accessories shops in bangalore and I see
unbelievable price. I wonder why... Maybe they want to fix the opex... Also I am not planning to stock stuffs since that again wud make the price go high... Initially it wud be based on order...

My promise to all my brothers here.... I want make this happen and I will need suggestions and help...

Very soon I will be going live and I will make sure I will live upto my word...

Looking forward for a wonderful begining...

Thanks T-BHP for making this happen....

Comments welcome...

Regards
Neo
Old 6th January 2006, 17:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

So now the list of places to go in bangalore are
Prodrive-Shivaji nagar bus stand
Overdrive-Pratham motors
Hott Tracks-Residency road
Car Shringar-Opp. Life style
The pit stop-Opp.Car Shringar
Ozz one-Behind R.T.O Indranagar
Sprocket-Koromangala 6th block(Supposed to be a great place)
Almost all shops-JC road
binz
PS:I have been to very few of these places and i have posted just to inform other members(Exc. bangy boys) about these places.

Last edited by binz : 6th January 2006 at 17:35.
Old 6th January 2006, 17:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey General,
Its always nice to read your posts which are really well written.Anyway i wish you the best of luck with your business and hope you succeed.Now i need a 6" disc brake kit for my kinetic(A kit from a mountain bike would do just fine).Budget is around 3k.
Old 6th January 2006, 23:21   #40
Team-BHP Support

Well just done the tour when looking at wheels for the Swift

Car Shringar-Opp. Life style also on mission road

Good choice of wheels - offered peanuts for ZXi wheels (9k) and a high price for wheels and tyres

The pit stop-Opp.Car Shringar - wheels section next to Madhus's on Double Road

limited selection - no deal on swift alloys

Ozz one-Behind R.T.O Indranagar

Not much choice of anything

Sprocket-Koromangala 6th block(Supposed to be a great place

Been there twice - limited wheel range, no deal on swift alloys, well laid out shop but only deals in Sony Head units - good place to browse around

Hot Tracks-Residency road

The guy is cluttered but offers the keenest prices (he knows who we are) - 15k for my wheels - got a set of 15" HR + F1's + nuts, balancing, valves for around 33k (including exchange) - deal was 4k less than others. From what I see, he gets his stuff from Thailand direct to Mangalore (he has good contacts over there) hence keen prices
Old 8th January 2006, 18:11   #41
BHPian

Hot Tracks Vs.Others

[SIZE=2]I have found Hot Tracks extremely expensive and his selling style tends to put you off. I Wanted to pick up some basic accessories for my Vtec and had to pay a bomb for them since I was not aware of the market prices. Even a simple thing like a car polish....just check this one out if you ever visit him. Turtle Was Hard shell Wax is available in the market at 250.00, this id the original one with authentic importer details and MRP. At Hot Tracks this jerk removes the price label and sells it for 450.00. I will never ever visit his store....never again. I visited Pit Stop and had a great experience. He explains everything in detail and discusses your requirements. [/SIZE]
Old 8th January 2006, 22:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Ok here are the shops in TVM, just in case u happen to be stuck here..

Car Palace - Good collection of alloy wheels, a big selection of speakers, HU's, subs and a few fancy stuff too like neons. And are the authorised dealers of Stanley leather. K&N filters and other products also available.

Motor Plaza - Its got almost everyting..but fit n finish is not all that good. Some stuff arn't even that reliable
Old 9th January 2006, 10:18   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri
[SIZE=2]I have found Hot Tracks extremely expensive and his selling style tends to put you off. I Wanted to pick up some basic accessories for my Vtec and had to pay a bomb for them since I was not aware of the market prices. ............... At Hot Tracks this jerk removes the price label and sells it for 450.00. I will never ever visit his store....never again. I visited Pit Stop and had a great experience. He explains everything in detail and discusses your requirements. [/SIZE]

You are correct - I visit everyone else then go to him as he has the best choice. He basically sizes you up and then goes for the kill. since he knows Rudra and I know the market and also knows about this forum, we get a good deal. beleive me, I would not have gone to him otherwise. Again, I will not go to him for electrical work - they messed up the connections on my amp. I redid them myself
Old 9th January 2006, 12:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri
[SIZE=2]I have found Hot Tracks extremely expensive and his selling style tends to put you off. I Wanted to pick up some basic accessories for my Vtec and had to pay a bomb for them since I was not aware of the market prices. Even a simple thing like a car polish....just check this one out if you ever visit him. Turtle Was Hard shell Wax is available in the market at 250.00, this id the original one with authentic importer details and MRP. At Hot Tracks this jerk removes the price label and sells it for 450.00. I will never ever visit his store....never again. I visited Pit Stop and had a great experience. He explains everything in detail and discusses your requirements. [/SIZE]
You are right. His selling style is a big put off.

Nonethless,My 2 cents: He has the best range and deals on HR/BSA wheels, tyres and Gsport Art leather seats.

For everything else visit Car'N' Style on JC road.
Old 9th January 2006, 23:26   #45
BHPian

[quote=islandman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz

That was the decision I took ; I thought it was better to pay 1k xtra @ hottracks than buy from JC road. My comfort level. Period.

I bought all my small accesories @ Car'N' Style on Jc road bylane. Stuff like Pagi poda transparent floor mats,Exhaust tips etc etc....

Also Guys, What do you think is the best place for semi leather seats. what i mean is a mix of leather and art leather?
Try Ovion, they are very good and far too economical than Stanley. Meet Kiran there and tell him exactly what you need. I got my complete leathers done there and he did a fabulous job.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks