Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2006, 23:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

What about Delhi....
It surely has some good accesories shop....
To my knowledge Khan market, Lajpat Nagar n Karol Bagh are the best in delhi for cars...
Delhi guys can chip in some more details...
Old 10th January 2006, 12:52   #47

Accessory Shop in Pune

[SIZE=1]Hi All,
I have a carb zen with free flow, 13" alloy wheel, an xplod system with 450 watt rear speaker and a 12"woofer, with a 250 W xplod amp. Recently i had vkool and cool xenon lights done and its a big difference...however want to modify the car a bit more ..rather make it personalized bu using some NOS, flame throwers, potenza G3 wheels, k & N air filters a 110cc compressor for the AC...etc...wanted to know if there areany good mod shops in Pune which could help me achieve all this and probabaly more ??
[/SIZE]
Old 11th January 2006, 17:27   #48
BHPian

[quote=islandman]You are right. His selling style is a big put off.

Even I approached Hotracks , but the prices seem to be bit higher comapred to Car'N Style & also some shops in JC Road for my Swift. I was looking for 15" HR alloys which he quoted 24K. Then went to some shops in JC road & shop in front of GM showroom. Now I did not change the wheels, probably taking time.
Old 11th January 2006, 17:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
there is always jc road but a big comprmise on quality..

wat abt jc road?????do u cheap products there ????can you please explain
Old 11th January 2006, 17:37   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
wat abt jc road?????do u cheap products there ????can you please explain
yes satya the problem at JC Road is that at times there is so much competition happening that each tries to lower the rates compared to the others and often u end up gettin fake or non authentic stuff .. Has happened with two of my friends when they were sold fake sony speakers instead of the good ones .. So unless u know those guys well , its a risk factor .. So suggest one buy stuff from shops that are genuine .. And ya hot tracks does have some of the best collections in town , but the attitude of anil is a big let down .. Makes me feel not wanting to step inside that shop again .. I heard this shop called sprocket at koramangla is good .. Also suggest u look at icemans friend at auto fusion for any stuff that u need ..
Old 11th January 2006, 19:56   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
, but the attitude of anil is a big let down .. Makes me feel not wanting to step inside that shop again .. I heard this shop called sprocket at koramangla is good .. Also suggest u look at icemans friend at auto fusion for any stuff that u need ..
Agreed - but I go there for the best deal ....and run. Sprocket is good, well laid out and you can browse. Limited selection though
Old 11th January 2006, 21:16   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Has happened with two of my friends when they were sold fake sony speakers instead of the good ones ..
How much is the cost reduction for a speaker from proper place to a J C Road shop? I believe it's better to go to a proper shop for this kind of stuff. In your friend's case SONY WORLD. You get right stuff. You get their support.

How really does it help to go for a so called great deal and suffer? Ok, I also agree, sometime fakes also work really well.
Old 11th January 2006, 23:00   #53

Dupes

Wow guys just as mclaren said,the duplication of sony xplode stuff on JC road is really high.This got proved to me when one guy whom i know really well on jc road kept both the orginal & the duplicate boxes side by side & asked me to point out @ the original one.
Believe me it only took an hour for me to realise that except for the finishing of the cone everything else seems to be the same.
The dupe speakers sound perfect on a normal cassette player but sound pathetic when played on a cdplayer with a powerful amp.
So please think twice when u plan to buy xplode on jc road.
Old 11th January 2006, 23:03   #54

The best way to identify duplicate sony xplode speakers on jc road is by turning the speaker around & checking out the finishing of the soft rubber @ the base of the cone.
Old 12th January 2006, 22:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Hey General,
Its always nice to read your posts which are really well written.Anyway i wish you the best of luck with your business and hope you succeed.Now i need a 6" disc brake kit for my kinetic(A kit from a mountain bike would do just fine).Budget is around 3k.
Thanks bro!!!
Regarding the Disc brake... It that really necessary??
Old 13th January 2006, 12:03   #56
BHPian

Where in Koramangala is 'Sprockedt' located??Any landmark??
Old 13th January 2006, 12:20   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
Where in Koramangala is 'Sprockedt' located??Any landmark??
On the one way system going towards the innner ring road.i.e. at Forum, go left and keep going straigth till you pass a temple then a park on your right - turn right over there and you will see sprocket on your left
Old 13th January 2006, 14:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
On the one way system going towards the innner ring road.i.e. at Forum, go left and keep going straigth till you pass a temple then a park on your right - turn right over there and you will see sprocket on your left
.....so I have to take a left in front of the forum, while coming from Adugodi is it??
Old 13th January 2006, 14:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
You are correct - I visit everyone else then go to him as he has the best choice. He basically sizes you up and then goes for the kill. since he knows Rudra and I know the market and also knows about this forum, we get a good deal. beleive me, I would not have gone to him otherwise. Again, I will not go to him for electrical work - they messed up the connections on my amp. I redid them myself

yeah..i know ...i had gone with rudra for my one g3 tire in october ...he said its 2800 ....and then he charged 100rs for the valve...and when i told to get the wheel balanced ...he again charged 100rs extra ...

also when we enquired about the turtle wax scratch n swirl swirl mark remover ...he had removed the price label and had put something in his own code ...it was 650rs according to him ...when u get it from TPC for about 400rs and add 75 rs for total courirer charges ... no wonder he has got a mondeo with those alloys and tires

henceforth i have decided to avoid him as wel...and whatever service ,i will be getting it done in mangalore or mumbai ....in bengalooru all these car accessory guys just want to make a killing ....
Old 14th January 2006, 00:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
...when u get it from TPC for about 400rs and add 75 rs for total courirer charges ... no wonder he has got a mondeo with those alloys and tires
Sorry if I am sounding stupid, what do you mean by TPC????
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks