Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 21:08   #46

exhaust muffler

i have an ikon 1.6 Rally Sport and just love and love the car!!!! want to know if such mufflers will enhance performance too-i love performance but prefer it silent and mean!! Pls advise.also tell me if long drives will cause headache because of muffler growl..thanks.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:42   #47
BANNED

Hi Sathee

Looks great and sounds like a beast.but how much will be the drop in the mileage ?

BTW what is the specialty of titanium
Old 26th November 2009, 21:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just now only I could check out the vids. I don't know how many times I played that in-car video..... Simple awesome mod for 18K man.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:51   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Sathee

Looks great and sounds like a beast.but how much will be the drop in the mileage ?

If you're talking about advantages, titanium has its pluses over stainless steel exhausts. They are lighter, stronger and wont corrode that easily. The sound is a bit different as well. And titanium exhausts are relatively a lot more expensive than stainless steel setups.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th November 2009 at 22:59.
Old 26th November 2009, 23:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover View Post
i have an ikon 1.6 Rally Sport and just love and love the car!!!! want to know if such mufflers will enhance performance too-i love performance but prefer it silent and mean!! Pls advise.also tell me if long drives will cause headache because of muffler growl..thanks.
No increase in power as this is not a FFE. And the sound does cause a headache in long drives as per Sathee. So he has a bolt on baffle that reduces the noise to stock for long drives.

Quote:
Hi Sathee

The drop in mileage will only be due to you revving the car harder to hear the sound.
Old 27th November 2009, 04:59   #51
BHPian

Oh boy I can't wait to see and hear it in person. What about the Chennai meet, is it on guys. If yes, pls send me the link.
Old 27th November 2009, 09:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
I dont do that usually, only in the past 2 days i'm doing such things. What JK metioned in his post is very true.
Hehe. >> insert wicked grin smiley here <<

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Just now only I could check out the vids. I don't know how many times I played that in-car video..... Simple awesome mod for 18K man.
Compare to this

Old 27th November 2009, 10:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

jk, that car must be sporting the 1500 'local' can I guess? Sathee's deep bass is much better.

Last edited by Gilead : 27th November 2009 at 10:42.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Compare to this
Cant access youtube now, but if you're referring to the miltek setup, I think the titanium setup of sathee sounds much better - it has all that bass you need. I like such deep bass exhaust notes than the miltek exhaust note though it has its own advantages like increased horsepower.

Last edited by clevermax : 27th November 2009 at 11:10.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Jerish's 1.6S' Miltek is a full exhaust kit isn't it? it is supposed to sound different.

but Sathee's fiesta sounds great - love the HD video
Old 27th November 2009, 11:16   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Cant access Youtube now, but if you're referring to the miltek setup, I think the titanium setup of sathee sounds much better - it has all that bass you need. I like such deep bass exhaust notes than the miltek exhaust note though it has its own advantages like increased horsepower.
The Milltek setup sounds evil! It has that brilliant rally-car growl and sounds great at idling too! And the fantastic crackling sound on the over-run is to die for! The performance gains are substantial as well! But it comes at a price that's quite far fetched and unless you're serious about the modifications and you can live with the sound on a day to day basis, it doesn't make sense.

@ Gilead: That's a very expensive Milltek setup my friend! Not a 1.5k local job!

I found this video on YouTube. Check it out!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th November 2009 at 11:22.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2009, 11:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover View Post
There is no or very less addition to performance, this muffler as it is does not cause me any headache. Could be a different story for the guys sitting behind. Anyways you know i can cut down the sound at will.

Quote:
Hi Sathee

No drop in mileage due to the addition, that is if you keep yourself away from those high revs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Compare to this
Compare?? I dont think so. IMHO it is a great note like those WRC cars, but sadly this wont suit my needs. For this kind of loundness my dad will throw me out of the house lol. And not to mention the headaches and waking up my neigbours during my stealthy late night entries. This one I have has a more bassy sound, sweet and I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
jk, that car must be sporting the 1500 'local' can I guess? Sathee's deep bass is much better.
Jerish would get furious reading this, that a 68K worth milltek full exhaust system with headers. That is a pure performance add-on.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:25   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Jerish would get furious reading this, that a 68K worth milltek full exhaust system with headers. That is a pure performance add-on.
Oops my apologies to Jerish.
But I like the bassy sound better than the rally sound.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

I've driven Jerish's 1.6s just few hundred meters once. The car is awesome to drive with those mods. I don't think Jerish has done it for the sound alone, its pure performance and we saw it that day when he dragged with zak's mivec.

If it is only a good exhasut note one is looking for, then I think the Titanium muffler is a very good bet.

Last edited by clevermax : 27th November 2009 at 11:30.
Old 27th November 2009, 12:20   #60
BHPian

Sathee's exhaust sounds good but it still has some running in to do. Got to hear that in person and it sure is a head turner. It is still fresh and only post a 250 - 300 km run would you get to hear the actual note which I'm sure would only get better. As he says its purely for 'acoustics'.

Heard from Nitrous that the previous night's meet was the inspiration?? Now you should have asked the birthday boy to sponsor it.

Most Viewed