Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:42   #1
BHPian

Review: Evotion Titanium muffler

The Fiesta 1.6S is a great car, it always looked great. I wanted to compliment it's looks by the way it sounds. I've always admired the sound of the freeflow exhausts and those premium mufflers. As the Fiesta's power was enough for me adding a free flow was not my interest, But still i wanted the deep growl which gives you a high when you rev the machine. I've put aside the plan to get a muffler for a long time, every time I see a car movie or some really good sounding cars it gets back into my mind. So at last I gave it away to my desire yesterday.

The equipment I have purchased is the Toucan Industries - EVOTION EV801 - RAW TITANIUM MUFFLER from PJ Speed shop, ECR. I should compliment the way the shop is maintained, I was like a little child at a candy store with all the BBS rims around. The owner of the store is such a nice person too.

Myself and our D-BHPian Nitrous start the hunt for the muffler. One of my friend has a Magnaflow 14862, I should admit it is a awesome muffler. But it's way to noisy in the long run, I had a very bad experience when we did a 800KM Up & down trip with 150 Hairpin bends. That was something which made me put away the idea of changing the muffler. One of the main reasons for getting the EV801 is that i can mute it down in 2 minutes. Which I think is a very useful feature which no other muffler has. And buying the Titanium can was something which our D-BHPian made me do. Yes it was love at first sight, I could not get away from it, and i have only nitrous to blame for that.

The options i considered was the Rs.1500 locally fabricated Tin Can type muffler , the Magnaflow 14827 (Rs.11000), Remus (SS Rs.13500 & Titanium Rs.18000). I should be proud to say the EV801 is as good or even better than the above options with the lovely option of going quiet when needed. It is an absolute VFM compared to the Magna & Remus, And the Deep growl seems like it was tailor made for my needs. I cant explain the growl with words, But does not give me a head ache. It is a smooth deep growl and aggressive when being pushed. You can easily cruse around with very less noise. I've already managed a few stares and also woke up a few in my apartment yesterday when I reved it parking it against a wall. I am said that the Sound would become even smoother and deeper as the carbon settles down. Here are some pictures of the equipment. I will give a video review very soon.

Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-21112009362.jpg
Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5220.jpg
Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5221.jpg
Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5222.jpg
Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5223.jpg
Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5224.jpg

I'm most happy that at the end of the day I got what i wanted, I'm very thankful to Nitrous for his immense help, Bakya and Murali for staying all along with me till I got it done. I'm in love again, i dont want my car to be parked.
sathee46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:52   #2
BHPian

now thats surely one sexy muffler...the pics are good but whats a growl without the voice..put in the video soon..btw,congrats,it sure is VFM..enjoy
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:52   #3
BHPian

looks fantabulous and am sure sounds even better.
i did not get wat you meant by turn it down within two minutes.
n btw wat amount did you shell out?
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:11   #4
BHPian

I'm sorry i forgot to click pics of that thing which helps me mute the muffler. This thing below can be mounted on to the muffler in 2 minutes and this helps bring the noise levels close to stock. You will get a better idea in a video. I will try post the videos by tonight.

Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5227.jpg

Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5228.jpg

Review: Evotion Titanium muffler-img_5229.jpg
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

Very nice! The muffler looks sweet! Can't wait to hear it! I'd like to see how the silencing contraption works!

Thank you for sharing! All the best!
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

Waiting for the video! Looks nice from pictures..

I really am surprised a muffler can be made silent by such an addition! Please shoot a video of both!
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:07   #7
BHPian

awesome muffler sateesh. yours was the first 1.6s that I ever sat in and realised its immense power on tidel park road, when it just pulled away.

true, the muffler will compliment the looks and performance of your car.
maintain it well. look forward to seeing the video here and listening to the growl in person.

by the way, where did you get it fitted ?

Ps. I am glad you got the BAFFLE with it. During long drives you can use it to tone down the sound a bit.

Cheers

Last edited by vdiatech : 22nd November 2009 at 16:15.
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:11   #8
BHPian

Super hot! These are the times I wish I had bought a petrol car instead of a diesel
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Drool matter; looks great. This page needs video. And bet you gonna lose FE coz you gonna rev it more ( from my experience with Jerrish's 1.6S )

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Super hot! These are the times I wish I had bought a petrol car instead of a diesel
+ one to that. Only think I can think of getting is a CAI for diesel heads like us.
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:09   #10
BHPian

the BAFFLE seems like an interesting add on. Its like a silencer for the handgun.
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice addition to the car. The perfect fit against the rear bumper also adds to the looks. Congrats!
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:02   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks good! Looking forward to hearing it.

How much did you pay for it?
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It looks good! Looking forward to hearing it.

How much did you pay for it?
the price is 15K,the video is comming soon

it's best bass sound which i heard.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

sathee, looks sexy as hell dude. I need to check out the sound at the next meet.

What does this mod do to to the warranty?

Last edited by Gilead : 22nd November 2009 at 22:16.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:58   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
sathee, looks sexy as hell dude. I need to check out the sound at the next meet.

What does this mod do to to the warranty?
It will definitely void warranty but if you ask me, it's a small price to pay for something as sweet as this!

Suddenly, I have tiny little blue 1.6S Fiestas with pearly white wings and free flow exhausts circling my head!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks