Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2019, 14:01   #166
BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Interesting scam by Boodmo, i used to wait for their monthly sale to get a lil bit of savings on parts. Now during sales they lower part price but increase shipping cost which is anyway per piece of item you order. When sale ends, the part price is back to normal and shipping cost is reduced. Below are two screenshots from the same product page:
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-boodmo.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_1.png  

Mr. Nobody is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 15:22   #167
BHPian

Boodmo is a scam.

I placed an order for battery terminal cover for my VW polo on 8th September 2019 and I am still have no information on the status of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot-20191116-3.21.32-pm.png  

mishraak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 20:26   #168
BHPian

Keep getting this error while ordering items via Boodmo Android app, even if I add the items fresh. Not a smooth experience I must say.
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20191206202315313_com.opsway.boodmo.jpg  

Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:30   #169
BHPian

Ordered a pair of Covers (the ones around the fog lamp housing) from Boodmo and one of them has been delivered. While I was happy to get the part which is not easily available outside VW in a well packed condition, the part itself was very dusty and took longer than expected to reach.

Still waiting on the second part to get delivered. The Quality is OEM and seems to be a perfect fit
t3ofil4us is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 19:33   #170
Senior - BHPian

I wanted a mirror lens for my car, ordered in boodmo. Initially it was like the expected deivery date kept on shifting. Later one day tit changed to seller does not give a date status. I cancelled it!!

There is another website called moglix. I chatted with the customer care and they said it is in stock. I placed an order. Two days down the line I chatted again to be told it will be dispatched the next day. One week later when I chat again I get the same answer - the next day!! Tried cancelling through the website option, it showed cancelled, but next time you log in it still shows the same in procurement status. Chatted again with them to cancel, i get recorded answer it will be sent the next day. UNTRUSTWORTHY and SCAM. Avoid Moglix, and save some bucks. Lessons Learnt the hard way.

I finally got it ordered through my A.S.S.
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 18:20   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
Ordered a pair of Covers (the ones around the fog lamp housing) from Boodmo and one of them has been delivered.

Still waiting on the second part to get delivered. The Quality is OEM and seems to be a perfect fit
The order had to be cancelled with Boodmo stating that the part is no longer in stock and seller has placed a back order with no ETA.

Thankfully, there is another source offline where I ordered for these elusive fog lamp covers for the VW Ameo.
Old 2nd May 2020, 23:41   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
Dear BHPians. Im looking for Suzuki Jimny front radius arms of the coil spring version ideally from UAE for my gypsy. Any idea if any online parts retailer could source and ship them to me ? Pics for ref.
Hi dieselhead, if you don't mind can you share some pics of your gypsy with coil suspension. Is it a company fitted or an after market modification job?
Old 3rd May 2020, 16:15   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkimese4x4 View Post
Hi dieselhead, if you don't mind can you share some pics of your gypsy with coil suspension. Is it a company fitted or an after market modification job?
I myself am looking to source parts for the conversion.
Old 4th May 2020, 21:31   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
I myself am looking to source parts for the conversion.
Hi, can I ask why you want to change the suspension system of your gypsy. Is it for comfort reasons? I have been in other old gypsys with old worn out suspension and faced lot of back pain issues. And then when I was restoring an old 94 model mg 410 gypsy into a 1.6 gypsy I had the option of going in for expensive CFL suspension, but I thought I'll first try a brand new stock suspension setup. So I bought 4 new spring sets and 4 new genuine shock absorbers. And I installed Tata Indica Vista front seats. Tata cars seats are really good. And this set up has made my Gypsy very comfortable. And I'm glad I didn't go in for an expensive setup. Stock suspension I,e. Springs and shocks only cost about 9k max. Or if u want a little better set up than mine u can go in for Monroe GAS shocks especially made for gypsy it costs about 11 hundred for 1 pc.
Old 4th May 2020, 22:35   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, can I ask why you want to change the suspension system of your gypsy. Is it for comfort reasons? I have been in other old gypsys with old worn out suspension and faced lot of back pain issues. And then when I was restoring an old 94 model mg 410 gypsy into a 1.6 gypsy I had the option of going in for expensive CFL suspension, but I thought I'll first try a brand new stock suspension setup. So I bought 4 new spring sets and 4 new genuine shock absorbers. And I installed Tata Indica Vista front seats. Tata cars seats are really good. And this set up has made my Gypsy very comfortable. And I'm glad I didn't go in for an expensive setup. Stock suspension I,e. Springs and shocks only cost about 9k max. Or if u want a little better set up than mine u can go in for Monroe GAS shocks especially made for gypsy it costs about 11 hundred for 1 pc.
Want to make the Gypsy a comfortable daily diesel driver.
Old 4th May 2020, 22:46   #176
BHPian

Diesel conversion I don't know much about it, but Im sure the steering will be even more heavier.
Old 5th May 2020, 00:26   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel conversion I don't know much about it, but Im sure the steering will be even more heavier.
Have couple of crdi options in mind with EPS.
Old 9th October 2020, 12:25   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Boodmo marks the parts that are available in inventory as 'Stock offer' . These parts ship fast and are usually good quality. I ordered many parts which are marked as 'Stock offer' and have never been disappointed.

Also, the listings marked 'Fulfilled by Boodmo' also deliver fast.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 10:04   #179
BHPian

I recently ordered OEM front and back coil overs from Boodmo for my 2008 Honda Accord 2.4. I ordered it on Monday ,arrived on Tuesday by the end of the week they were installed on my car by our preferred mechanic.

I placed another order with Boodmo for bushes, ball joints and 2 out 5 engine mountings within the space of 1-2 days once I received my first order. In total there were like 8 non OEM items. I cancelled 7 items out of 8 since i received similar parts from some place else. The refund got processed in 2 working days.
However, its been more than 12 days and I haven't received the last part from Boodmo. Yesterday I wrote an email to Boodmo about the same and the reply came same day that they are going to push the carrier to deliver the part to me.

In my short experience with Boodmo , what I have learned is : parts that are fulfilled by them get delivered fast than parts that are with their associated sellers.

Would I continue with Boodmo: Yes, but only for OEM parts which are fulfilled by them.
ritedhawan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 20:46   #180
MVM
BHPian

I placed an order on Boodmo on the 20th of November and I have to say that it has been a pleasant experience.
I had placed an order for a gear knob and a shift boot for my Ertiga and both the packages were supposed to arrive on the 26th and 22nd respectively. After I placed the order I started reading the stories posted on this forum and I was slightly disappointed thinking that I wouldn't get my parts anytime soon.
The only sigh of relief I had was when both my parts were dispatched on the date mentioned on the website. I received the shift boot on the 22nd as expected and the gear knob arrived on the 25th(it arrived a day early!). Most of the queries I had were answered briskly and effectively.
The only gripe I had is the neither of the contact numbers on the website worked but the response via mail was good enough.
Overall a very pleasant experience and I would definitely order from Boodmo again.
MVM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed