Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2021, 17:21   #196
BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Team,

I wanted to share a review of my experience with Boodmo specially with Returns

I was to service my Audi q5 hence I thought of buying the parts myself and performing the service on my own. Just the usual oil change , along with filters.

I checked the compatibility using the inbuilt compatibility option and purchased the items.

After Purchasing the items, Just to make sure I had bought the correct parts I cross checked the online catalogues of both MEYLE and MANN. I realised The oil filter I ordered was not compatible with my model and placed an order for the correct oil filter and this time choose MEYLE since even the Air Filter was of the same make.

Items & Price Below

Mobil 1 (Imported) Oil : 5.5 Litres (3.5L + 2x 1L) at Rs 4027
Air Filter : Rs 552
Oil Filer : Rs 787

The MEYLE parts were received in excellent condition and even the Mobil 1 Engine Oil.

The Incorrect Oil Filter’s packaging was poor, also it did not come with the O ring which surprised me. The part was probably returned a few times one could tell and Since It didn’t fit my car I had to return the same. I placed the request through the app and it was picked up very next day, I was impressed. Post a week I checked the return status and was surprised to see my claim had been rejected. I wrote to some Mr. Vinod (Team Leader - Technical Support (Sales) who had earlier emailed me asking for a review, Didn’t get any response then I wrote to the Customer care and Complaint Ticket was generated. They wrote to me that due to O ring missing my claim was rejected, but I had mentioned about the O ring missing and poor condition of box in my very first email to them. After a few exchanges they decided to accept the refund. All i want to say is that If you order from Boodmo Please take unboxing videos of the items.

Other than that I had a satisfying experience with Boodmo and would definitely order with them again. One question, for other parts like brake pads and discs how does one guarantee Genuineness ?
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-1.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-2.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-3.png  

Best sites to buy parts online-sfgqucnepefrwsnwjsnfwalp4konebddea.jpeg  

Best sites to buy parts online-whatsapp-image-20210427-16.51.30.jpeg  

Last edited by Y@SH : 27th April 2021 at 17:26.
Y@SH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 12:26   #197
Senior - BHPian

I'm having a terrible experience with Boodmo. I had ordered 4 carpet clips for my Honda City 10 days back. Their despatch day was today, but I got a mail saying that the product will be despatched on 25.05.2021, ie 1 month from ordering. These are the simple generic push lock clips available very cheaply at local shops. I ordered from Boodmo for Rs. 400/- thinking that these will be of better quality.

This is my second experience with them. A couple of years ago, the order for a ORVM was delayed indefinitely till they finally cancelled it. I did manage to buy a pair of wipers from them.

Are they a genuine company with difficulty in obtaining Honda city parts or are they a big scam?

Name:  Screen Shot 20210505 at 12.24.37 PM.png
Views: 2024
Size:  78.9 KB
Old 5th May 2021, 13:36   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Are they a genuine company with difficulty in obtaining Honda city parts or are they a big scam?
I have ordered running repair items like wipers, oil filters, rear shocks, fender turn signal cover etc. for my 2013 Brio 3-4 months ago. I had a satisfactory experience. Delivery was on time except I thought courier charges was bit on the higher side. Similar experience with my Safari couple of years ago. So don’t think they’re scam, probably just a supply chain constraint in present circumstances when factories are closed, imports are delayed etc.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 17:01   #199
BHPian

Any idea if Flybhp has shut down??
I have been trying for a long time to place orders but just can't place any. Numbers listed also don't work.
In the past have purchased stuff from them and they were really good.

Anybody knows anything about this?

The issue with boodmo is high delivery charges. Which is such a turn off.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:51   #200
BHPian

I just signed up to check out Bodomo and guess what - they sent me an email with my password in plain text. I am someone who uses a password manager to generate complex passwords and this site storing it in plain text is such a fail. They should certainly step up their IT practices.

Best sites to buy parts online-bodomo.jpg
gischethans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:43   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

The spare listings marked as "Fulfilled by Boodmo" and/or "stock offer" are dispatched and delivered fast. Typically even before the ETD.

Any other items, there is a good chance of the item going into backorder and the delivery getting delayed. I ordered a couple of Hyundai spares and it took almost 2 months to deliver since the item was not in stock and they had to back order. The ETD at the time of order was 7 days, but I knew from past experience it cannot happen. Since I did not need these items urgently, I was fine with the delay.

For items needed urgently, it is better to head to the nearest authorized service center with the required part number, pay an advance and order the parts. I have had good success with my Hyundai authorized service center.
Old 20th July 2021, 08:56   #202
BHPian

I decided a needed a brake pedal assembly for my project.
Usually I would hunt in my local market but thanks to the lockdown resulting from Chinese virus, I decided to purchase online.

TBHP forum has a prominent menu titled "Spare Parts". So I clicked on it and was taken to OriParts.
I used the navigation to drill down to the parts I required (they have a wonderful schematic drawing feature which shows a picture with labelled parts, which makes it very easy for a noob like me)

Anyway I added all the parts I required. During this process, I did not realise the "Buy" link was redirected to Boodmo. Both the sites use the same color scheme and layout. I filled my cart, paid online and placed the order.

I placed my order on 7th July. As of date, only 2 of 7 parts have been delivered and they have postponed the delivery date for the pending items three times already!

Best sites to buy parts online-boodmo.png

Going by the discussion here on TBHP as well as other sites (e.g. Quora) I think this is their standard procedure. Hopes of getting the rest of the parts is slim to none. I might or might not decided to do a rigorous follow up (the order value is sub 500). It might be a sensible idea to try purchasing from somewhere else.
  1. Do members have any suggestions for alternative sites which they have found to be reliable from personal experience?
  2. Perhaps GTO/Mods can consider removing the link from TBHP. Oriparts / Boodmo's sloppy business practises is giving TBHP a bad name

Found this on Quora.
Name:  Quora.png
Views: 1455
Size:  39.6 KB

Are recommendations / reviews for the sites mentioned in it?
viz.
https://genuineparts.in/
https://www.partsbigboss.in/
https://autokartz.com/

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd July 2021 at 12:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Thank you!
Old 20th July 2021, 09:48   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Do members have any suggestions for alternative sites which they have found to be reliable from personal experience?
I had placed order for a few parts during lockdown but shipping dates kept on postponing. So cancelled the parts, got the refund and placed an order at my local MOBIS store when the restrictions were eased. All the required parts were readily available there so didn't bother looking for an alternative. I use Boodmo only to get the part number and approximate pricing of the required parts.

Now all my parts requirements are taken care by MOBIS store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Perhaps GTO/Mods can consider removing the link from TBHP. Oriparts / Boodmo's sloppy business practises is giving TBHP a bad name
That decision perhaps GTO can take.
Old 20th July 2021, 10:46   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

I have used Partsbigboss couple of times and they were quite prompt with the shipping and service. While Boodmo lists all parts but stocks few of them(its almost impossible to stock every part listed of so many brands and manufacturers), partsbigboss keeps every part in stock which they have listed(hence number of listed parts is small)

Downside of PBB: They have listed parts mostly from local delhi suppliers, which are average to bad in terms of quality. I suggest looking there only for old car owners for whom OEM parts are hard to come across.

Those parts which are "Boodmo fulfilled" are in stock and they get dispatched ASAP. For others, order is placed with their supplier who in turn places order with the respective manufacturer. This is their business model. So it largely depends on when the manufacturer/supplier arranges the spare. But yes since Boodmo is the face, it gets a bad name.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 20th July 2021 at 11:03.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 16:09   #205
Senior - BHPian

Have been using boodmo to order several parts, and they all arrived like clockwork. There is a seller (swaranrj) who has stock of most Tata parts and you get the good stuff. Occasionally for things like fog lights I look at OEM stuff and they are decent.
Last order was for a set of sill plates for my indica. I found out about them only because of the catalog function. Added them and they look factory fit. They look like they were removed for cost cutting reasons at some point.Best sites to buy parts online-img20210724wa0009.jpeg

Best sites to buy parts online-img20210724wa0012.jpeg

Best sites to buy parts online-img20210724wa0014.jpeg
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:04   #206
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone else been having issues with boodmo? Their site pages load up as blank, especially on desktop.
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:18   #207
BHPian

Does anyone know if FlyBHP has pulled down the shutter?
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:22   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Those parts which are "Boodmo fulfilled" are in stock and they get dispatched ASAP. For others, order is placed with their supplier who in turn places order with the respective manufacturer. This is their business model. So it largely depends on when the manufacturer/supplier arranges the spare. But yes since Boodmo is the face, it gets a bad name.
Thanks for the explanation. I wish they put this on their site, so it would make it easier for the customer to plan the purchase.

Anyway, after parts arriving in dribbles, my order has been completed in 3 weeks, as compared to the originally promised 1 week.
Will I patronise them again? I doubt it.

Best sites to buy parts online-boodmo1.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Has anyone else been having issues with boodmo? Their site pages load up as blank, especially on desktop.
Not really. I took the screenshot above on my laptop a minute back

Last edited by RedTerrano : 3rd August 2021 at 15:23.
Old 9th August 2021, 01:05   #209
Senior - BHPian

I took TBHPs advice and placed my first order on Boodmo for a sunshade for my Beat. Selected the Boodmo Fulfilled option and received it in 4 days.
Old 9th August 2021, 08:51   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Boodmo has removed the option to browse though OEM parts catalog. This is a bummer since seeing the parts on a vehicle schema was super convenient to identify other related parts as well.

Most Viewed