Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 20:52   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Ok one more site to add to the Blacklist.
The maruti suzuki website. It seems that the accessories site is only a lead generation tool, and ordering a product means nothing. You are better off going to your maruti dealership and buying something from there.

I had placed an order for a blue footwell lighting kit and a pair of seat belt cushions. After placing the order and payment there was absolutely nothing. The phone number listed on the order was reachable. After a few weeks i got fed up and went to the dealership. After waiting a while the spares guy showed up and said the lights were out of stock but the seat belt covers might be there. He later showed me pictures of a different set of black seat covers and said that was all they had. I was ok with them. He says they were at their warehouse in the other side of town and would take some time.
I said that's fine, I'm going that side as the indica is having its bodywork done that side. I could not go there that day, and ultimately ended up at the warehouse two weeks later. They didn't have the black one in stock, only beige.

I called that guy up and he said he had set aside one set for me at the showroom and they were with him. So then i went to the showroom where he was nowhere to be found and not reachable. I asked the guy at the desk where he was, and i was told he was not at the showroom, and that he was at the warehouse.

I lost my temper for a brief moment there, and let the guy there have it, because i was just at the warehouse and he had told me to come to the showroom, so please get your stories straight. They then contacted him on his personal phone number, and then told me that the part was not available.

Two days and several hours wasted. I was not a big fan of maruti but this is pretty shady even by my low expectations.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th April 2022 at 17:31. Reason: Error rectified
Old 28th April 2022, 17:32   #257
BHPian

I ordered an Air Filter for 1st Gen Ertiga from BOODMO and this is the product i received. I made sure to choose that it was BOODMO fulfilled and just to be safe, chose OEM filter which was from Lucas TVS.

The product is longer in length and lesser in width compared to Air Filter put in by MASS during last service and obviously won't fit.

Am i doing something wrong or should i order a return/refund?
Attached Thumbnails
Best sites to buy parts online-img20220428wa0034.jpeg  

Old 28th April 2022, 18:54   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
The product is longer in length and lesser in width compared to Air Filter put in by MASS during last service and obviously won't fit.

Am i doing something wrong or should i order a return/refund?
You are looking at two different things my friend.

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20220428_184734.jpg

The old one is the Cabin Air Filter/AC Filter and the new one is the Engine Air Filter.

I am of course not sure whether the new one is the right fit for Ertiga; there are two - three types used by Maruti in different vehicles.
dailydriver is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 19:02   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The old one is the Cabin Air Filter/AC Filter and the new one is the Engine Air Filter.
Oh my god! Thank you for clearing it up for me, I'm trying my hands at all the DIY stuff i can and welp, this is my first mistake

Looked it up on youtube and it seems like it's fairly easy to change as well. On the other hand, i'll order the correct cabin air filter now.

P.S the order was delivered at home within 2 days of placing it and i think that's pretty quick compared to the lead times that other people seem to be facing.

Last edited by Doonite : 28th April 2022 at 19:23. Reason: Additional bits and wording
Doonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 19:30   #260
Senior - BHPian

After reading so much about don't go mechanic - I tried placing a few orders on their website via COD -

It's been over 20 days and no signs of my products! No Surprise here- Customer care is another joke.

I cancelled one of my orders and their website still doesn't update. .

Best sites to buy parts online-1.jpg

Thankfully nothing is paid upfront so I have nothing to worry about.
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 17:29   #261
Senior - BHPian

All my orders from don't go, mechanic has been canceled No Payment made as they were all COD.
Old 29th May 2022, 10:59   #262
Senior - BHPian

I was trying a buy a winshield water tank for my Swift which was muched on by rats a few months ago and when I proceeded to the checkout page this is what the total came out to be on Boodmo.

Best sites to buy parts online-boodmo.gif

The cost to deliver is more than the cost of the tank itself. I decided to cancel this item for now and will check with the MASS later.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 13:55   #263
BHPian

My Brother in law has a Hero Honda Karizma ZMR (2011) model whose display has gone kaput. Suggestions for genuine websites where I can buy the same would be highly appreciated.
Old 20th June 2022, 14:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
My Brother in law has a Hero Honda Karizma ZMR (2011) model whose display has gone kaput. Suggestions for genuine websites where I can buy the same would be highly appreciated.
You can try these two (no personal experience with either):

https://eshop.heromotocorp.com/electricals/meter.html

https://safexbikes.com/productdetail...arizma/ZMAHH26

Although I feel your best bet would be the spare parts market in Nana Peth.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 20th June 2022 at 14:41.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 14:43   #265

Quote:
It would be best if you visit your local Hero parts store for this. Hero has recently launched its e-shop, where spares are also available but could not find the display meter for your bike. You may try searching with the part number, if you have it. Other websites are not reliable, they mostly stock aftermarket parts, not genuine. However I found a website that has it, please call and enquire about the availability first before ordering

https://ms-spares.in/product/meter-a...e-karizma-zmr/
VICTOR-MIKE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 14:45   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Although I feel your best bet would be the spare parts market in Nana Peth.
I also think Nana Peth would be the best option rather than an online shop.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:42   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also think Nana Peth would be the best option rather than an online shop.
This shop near YMCA is a Hero Motocorp authorised stockist, if your BIL wants OE spares.

Geeta Auto Agencies ( Stockist HERO Genuine Spare Parts)
Geeta Auto Agencies, Quarter Gate Chowk, opp. YMCA, New Nana Peth, Sadar Bazaar, Pune, Maharashtra 411002
020 2951 0067
https://maps.app.goo.gl/jx6X8SHVQdEuEojT7

If aftermarket is ok, then any of the other spares shops there might have it.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:26   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Geeta Auto Agencies
Called them and they had the OE part in stock for around 8.5k. Might as well take a look at aftermarket parts of going in that area. Thanks again.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 14:27   #269
Senior - BHPian

What's going on Over at Boodmo? When we check the part number they want us to pay for a subscription??

Best sites to buy parts online-payment.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-4.jpg

That is RS-/499 a month

Looks like they saw our thread on BMW charges $18 / month for heated seats;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ription-3.html (BMW charges $18 / month for heated seats; Other features also offered via subscription)
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 15:08   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
What's going on Over at Boodmo? When we check the part number they want us to pay for a subscription??
]
This is ridiculous. They are becoming greedy .

They need to understand that if we order a part with wrong part number, they need to process the return pick up and refund which is more expensive for them! I had a hunch when they started masking the middle part of the part number a few months ago that they have something planned . Did not know that plan would be so stupid and hideous

I wonder which dumb headed person approved this idea. I mean know if we are ordering the right part number we need to pay?! What next? Pay to see picture of the part in the product listing?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks