Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2018, 19:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Parts that come from the same vendor through different channels can have different QC applied to it. OE spare parts in vendor packing and OE spare parts in OEM packing will have gone through different QC process.
True, but at least in case of tata, my experience has been that their QC is nothing but a sticker job. At least twice I've gotten defective parts in sealed packaging, mostly electricals. So I have to do a QC round myself anyway, and pbb gives a better return window than boodmo ( 30 vs. 10 though how much they honor it remains to be seen)
Old 14th January 2018, 20:56   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have placed another order with Partsbigboss now,
@Greenhorn, for the rubber part, have you placed order for both right & left ?

One suggestion - if you get only the right side, try to run it in the opp direction on the left door. I hope you get what I am trying to say.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 21:09   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Greenhorn, for the rubber part, have you placed order for both right & left ?

One suggestion - if you get only the right side, try to run it in the opp direction on the left door. I hope you get what I am trying to say.
No, I have ordered 2X right - I understand what you are trying to say, and that is my plan as well.
Old 14th January 2018, 22:53   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As I am confident that lumax is the OE vendor, I see no reason to buy it from a tata channel, unless there are lumax fakes out there in the market.
I'm glad you brought this discussion. Some months back, I was looking for a M800 Type 2 Taillamp. I wanted to try my hands at lens tinting, and hence didn't want to spoil my original IJL taillamps.

It was available at Lumax distributor for Rs. 3xx, after the regular 25% discount. The same thing was available as MGP, but for Rs. 650. Both the Lumax and MGP store were located close to each other, and while the overall design and look was same, the MGP one was much much superior in quality and fit-finish. I had both side by side, and hence was able to compare. I agree Maruti must be charging some amount for the MGP tag, but the difference was visible.

My friend who works with a reputed Vendor, said the same looking product, with same specifications are manufactured differently, based on the amount negotiated by the OEM.

Another example, Lumax Type 2 aftermarket Headlamps are notorious for beam throw. The same looking unit, when bought from MGP is much better. Even in MGP, I concluded that IJL is the best, followed by Minda and then Lumax/Alpha Toyo.

Therefore I'd stick to the OEM spares till the time I can, unless aftermarket has something better in quality to offer. I didn't think twice before going for the 3M wiper blades.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 23:38   #95
Senior - BHPian

My fogs are both minda, one bought from a tata original parts store, and and the other from a local dealer. Had to replace them as both the old ones cracked during the flood, and fell apart at different times ( hence bought from different sellers) the beam, throw etc seemed more or less the same to me, though I recall they both came with different bulbs, which I swapped out anyway. Funnily enough, in this instance the local guy ripped me off, charging me some 1.8k, while the TOP was only 1.1k

Edit, even the minda fog on parts big boss is pricier than the boodmo one ( though not by much) . Go figure!

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th January 2018 at 23:56.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 12:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have ordered a few trim bits for the i10 through Boodmo earlier this week. They have shipped one and the rest is still processing. Have to order a few more trim bits.
Of the 6 pieces i ordered they delivered one today through FedEx. The rest of the 5 pieces are still shown as processing. Order placed on 9th Jan.

I ordered three more trim bits on 14th and hope to receive it in 2 weeks, fingers crossed.

Meanwhile I ordered couple of parts with the local Hyundai dealer, lets see which one is faster.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 01:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Partsbigboss is excellent when it comes to honoring the order. Their only downside, as you rightly pointed out is, that they don't deal in genuine spares but Littal make.
I seem to be having the exact opposite issue with partsbigboss.
I had placed three orders with boomo, on 10th, 17th and 19th, with 8-12 days lead time and the first lot of being shipped by 16th, and reaching me yesterday. Their CRM guy, Prakash, was very helpful, providing pointed responses, coordinating with other teams to identify and source parts (Off topic - It is so nice to get the update you want, and nothing more, unlike your typical canned responses from amazon etc, where you have to go through three paragraphs of boilerplate text to find out the info you need)

Anyway, all these orders are either cancelled ( where they were not able to source the part) or shipped (with the exception of one part from the last order, which is being sourced)

On the other hand, I had placed an order with partsbigboss on 13th with a delivery date of 3-4 days, and courier charges for 280, and i got an update on 16th that my shipment is going to be delayed.

Jan 16
Quote:
[10:23] greenhorn: hi, i just got a mail saying that the order has been delayed
[10:23] Partsbigboss: let me check
[10:23] G: any idea when it will be shipped?
[10:23] P: just a moment
[10:24] P: sir we will be shipping your order by tomorrow
[10:25] G: ok thanks
Jan 18
Quote:
[06:21] G: I got a Message that it was delayed on monday , I was told it would be shipped on 17th
[06:21] G: its 18th and I still don't have an update
[06:21] P: plz wait,let me check
[06:27] P: sir your order would get dispatch tomorrow
[06:38] G: that is what i was told the last time too
.....(some queries on parts shipping)
[06:40] G: are you sure it will be ready tomorrow?
[06:40] P: ya sure it will be dispatch tomorrow
[06:40] G: and if it doesnt?
[06:45] P: it will done for sure
[06:52] G: ok
Jan 18th
Quote:
[07:26] G: When will my order be shipped ?
[07:26] G: Hello?
[07:27] P: we are shipping your order today sir
My order is still stuck in processing.

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st January 2018 at 01:13.
Old 21st January 2018, 02:34   #98
Senior - BHPian

I came across genuineparts.in, does anyone have any feedback for them. Apparently their site looks a small works okay they also have an Android App. Do share any experiences of dealing with them.
Old 21st January 2018, 10:30   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I seem to be having the exact opposite issue with partsbigboss.
Knowing how unorganized the spare parts sector is in our country, I won't blame either of them for late deliveries or not being able to source parts.

Having said that, the communication should be prompt and going by your experience, Partsbigboss truly sucks. When I ordered from PBB, it was a simple item which I got after 10 days wait. Never had the opportunity to contact them over whatsapp.

Quote:
Their CRM guy, Prakash, was very helpful, providing pointed responses, coordinating with other teams to identify and source parts (Off topic - It is so nice to get the update you want, and nothing more, unlike your typical canned responses from amazon etc, where you have to go through three paragraphs of boilerplate text to find out the info you need)
Boodmo is on a roll. Never interacted with Prakash but their CEO has become like a good buddy to me(we chat on a regular basis). Being a new startup, it does have its fair share of problems. But they mean business and are fixing all the issues at a much faster rate. Recently I heard they have inaugurated a new sorting centre in the heart of Kashmere Gate. Unless they become complacent, they are on the right way. Their refund and delivery system is much improved now. BHPian and good friend ChiranjitP is a regular on their site now and I get regular feedback from him.

However, I am yet to make a successful order with them.

Issue is, I am myself an octopus with number of tentacles(aka sources) spread all across. And the parts which I ordered were those which I couldn't get. So I won't blame them if they failed. Even two days ago, I have placed a new order for two Chassis panels of Carb 800(for a close friend), which are not super rare yet, but have been discontinued by Maruti. Lets see if they can source them for me.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 21st January 2018 at 10:33.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 12:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used AutoKartz.com They seem to have a host of parts at-least for my Civic which I might order if needed in the future. My Civics steering was giving a issue last month and I was contemplating a refurbished rack back then. AutoKartz.com had a refurbished rack at around 14k and a brand new for around ~64k. I called them up and asked if I were to ever order a new one how will I know the difference between a new and a refurbished one. They had no answer for same.
Old 21st January 2018, 12:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never had the opportunity to contact them over whatsapp.
Just to clarify, I contacted them over the chat on their website. I was disappointed because the part I ordered was a rather common part - an Indica headlight. They are available everywhere - locally, industry buying, boodmo, even Amazon.
Went with them because they offered the best price. Compared to boodmo, which offers despatch in 8-12 days and free shipping pbb offers delivery in 3-4 days for metros, and charges 280 for shipping. So the disappointment was more. Anyway I got a message saying that the items were shipped yesterday today in my mailbox, so hope to get them soon.

In the meantime, The parts I ordered from boodmo were non locally available stuff that even a tasc declined. And they managed to source most of it and ship it before their deadlines, which exceeded my expectations
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:04   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Partsbigboss is excellent when it comes to honoring the order. Their only downside, as you rightly pointed out is, that they don't deal in genuine spares but Littal make.

Beware, most of their decal sets are sourced locally, and expensive too when compared to MGP.
Based on my personal experience with Partsbigboss, they are not there to sell spares - they are a scam! They sell a product, charge a fat delivery fee, customer returns product due to poor quality, they refuse to pick up unless customer pays for return shipping and they get to pocket a fat delivery fee. This in a nutshell is their operating model!

I will just away from them altogether. Partsbigboss also sells via amazon.in, I liked the idea of buying spares online and installing them on my own. I had a lot of items in mind which I was keen on buying - things like bakepads, filters, fluids, bulbs etc.

To test their product quality and service, I placed an order for only an oil filter - the product that I received did not appear to be of satisfactory quality, and I decided to not use it.

I complained to Amazon and Partsbigboss - the reply from Partsbigboss was "It is an aftermarket brand and since it is much cheaper than the genuine filter available in the market, the quality will slightly differ". At Rs. 375 it is not significantly cheaper than the original which costs Rs. 449.

To address the complaint, both Amazon and PBB want me to post the product back at my own cost before they would consider giving me a refund.
ff1609 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 20:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of the 6 pieces i ordered they delivered one today through FedEx. The rest of the 5 pieces are still shown as processing. Order placed on 9th Jan.

I ordered three more trim bits on 14th and hope to receive it in 2 weeks, fingers crossed.

Meanwhile I ordered couple of parts with the local Hyundai dealer, lets see which one is faster.
Of the total 9 items ordered I have received 3 of them so far (one delivered today) and I am waiting for the rest of the 6. These are not critical parts and the wait is not keeping my vehicle off the road so its OK for this particular order and I am getting genuine OE parts.

The part ordered directly with Hyundai has come last week itself and I installed it. That was an airbox part.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 22:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

Updates from both orders from both sites - mixed bag really.

Parts big boss - avoid, unless you really don't have a choice. I ordered an Indica headlight with levelling motor, and get this, they sent me a manual type Indica headlight, and a leveling motor, packed separately! The leveler they sent wasn't a proper fit (had to do a fair amount of jugaad to make it) , and didnt work anyway. Let me see how they respond. But at least the head light assembly seems to work (though Leoshashi was right, they do seem to be of diffferent build quality). It's not all that bad - I recall trying every trick available online to remove the lens of an OE headlight to check the feasibility of a projector retrofit, and failing. The new one has some not so tough glue, which should be easy to remove.

Boodmo also showed up a couple of issues - they sent me a couple of generic parts claiming to be genuine.
One was a turbo logo which was visibly different from the one that came with my car, and which i didnt recall coming on any tata car.
Another was a rubber beading - I had ordered 2, and i got one genuine, and one generic, in different shipments. and they were very different items. The Genuine one fit, the other one, was a totally different size.

To their credit, they promptly raised a return, and picked up my items. GNA seems to be their only genuine TOP (tata original parts) dealer. Folks who are buying tata parts - if its not shipped by GNA, odds are that it's a generic part. At least i have set expectations with them that I am interested in buying only OEM, not generic alternatives, and they seem to be willing to work accordingly.

Still, boodmo did managed to get a lot of genuine stuff for me, which i wasn't able to get locally, so they still get a lot of credit, and I would use them again, and would recommend them, but with caveats

Last edited by greenhorn : 27th January 2018 at 22:21.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 12:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of the total 9 items ordered I have received 3 of them so far (one delivered today) and I am waiting for the rest of the 6. These are not critical parts and the wait is not keeping my vehicle off the road so its OK for this particular order and I am getting genuine OE parts.

The part ordered directly with Hyundai has come last week itself and I installed it. That was an airbox part.
I received 8 parts (all genuine) of the total 9 ordered and the 9th has already been dispatched. I placed another order with boodmo for three more parts.

Meanwhile one week ago I ordered for a spare key with Hyundai dealer and that has also come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks