Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2018, 11:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Btw, boodmo has been thrashed on this thread left, right and center on this thread. Order at your own peril!
Recently, I placed an order at boodmo.com and came away pretty impressed with the whole process. They could be turning a new page now. Worth giving it a try.

Begin with something small and based on the experience, move forward or give it a miss. Having said that, online spare shops can never be a substitute for local brick and mortar stores mainly because the former are invariably a step behind the latter in terms of speed of delivery.

In case of boodmo, I feel people living in the north could expect their deliveries to reach them faster than to addresses in the south because a majority of the listed sellers are located in and around NCR.
Old 17th July 2018, 12:07   #122
BHPian

Boodmo is damn slow for deliveries in south.
Takes nothing less then twenty days. I also noticed that they keep pushing the shipping date ahead. Maybe they don't realize that if they want to succeed they need amazon kind of delivery system in place with super quick turn around time.

As I type this I have about 6-7 items that I have placed order but yet not shipped.
Nothing would beat the experience of sitting in your home and ordering parts with delivery max say 4 to 5 days, if that happens I for one will shift my purchases for spare parts online.

Boodmo are you listening? Please improve your shipping/delivery times.

Last edited by SDP : 10th October 2018 at 10:04. Reason: Multiple typos and grammar mistakes. Please proof-read your messages before posting
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 12:38   #123
BANNED

First purchase made and got it delivered successfully in 22 days (ordering to delivery). First order consisted of:

LHS fog lamp cover (86527-A0000) - ₹ 125
RHS fog lamp cover (86528-A0000) - ₹ 125
Drivers side scuff trim (85880-A000TRY) - ₹ 166

Total = ₹416/-

Have placed another order for a pair of Headlamp dust covers.

Cap, headlamp dust: 92140-1W000
Price: ₹308/-

Yet to be shipped, hope I get it soon.

Last edited by SDP : 18th July 2018 at 21:37. Reason: Minor typo
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 20:34   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Boodmo is damn slow for deliveries in south.
I guess it depends on the part. I had ordered few parts for my SX4 yesterday. 2 of them are already shipped by Boodmo today .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 22:08   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried Boodmo for the first time. All the items were delivered within a week. There was no shipping charge. I even managed to get a rare part like glove box lock for my SX4.
Best sites to buy parts online-img_20180723_112124.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20180723_215909.jpg

Best sites to buy parts online-img_20180723_183528.jpg
First time experience was very good. Have ordered few parts again
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 13:17   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have placed another order for a pair of Headlamp dust covers.

Cap, headlamp dust: 92140-1W000
Price: ₹308/-

Yet to be shipped, hope I get it soon.
As I had ordered a pair of the dust cover. One of them has arrived yesterday. Screenshot from the App:
Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20180729132732__01__01.jpg

Waiting for the other one (still in processing stage).
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:12   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered 9 items from Boodmo and 7/9 are delivered. 2 items were in back order, I contacted their support team and got the response within few hours explaining that the back order is from manufacturer (Maruti) side and it's not possible to commit the shipping date. I have cancelled those 2 items now, refund should be initiated soon. Overall, I am happy with Boodmo experience
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 06:55   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like skodadop.com has gone out of business since the last week or so. They were good and I used them ~3 times earlier.
Old 13th August 2018, 21:18   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have cancelled those 2 items now, refund should be initiated soon. Overall, I am happy with Boodmo experience
I did get the refund in 10 days for the cancelled items. Boodmo support team was very responsive to all my queries. I am actually surprised that they even sent some parts worth Rs. 10 (had ordered 10 screws ) without any shipping charges.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:19   #130
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

The Boodmo customer service is also quite good in finding the right part.

The chat window can offer only basic help, but they do offer guidance over email once you raise a request over that window.

I had trouble sourcing one component of the glove box for our A-Star AT and they were quite helpful in finding the part. The glove box made up of many parts and I also wanted the original grey colour instead of the beige it came in after 2012.

It is hard to find some smaller part using the online catalogue. Wish they had higher resolution diagrams for more clarity.

The page for A-Star: https://boodmo.com/vehicles/maruti-2...288/1_0-72678/
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 12:25   #131
BHPian

I ordered a compressor magnet coil for my Figo's ac. It never showed signs of leaving their godown. So I cancelled it. Now the refund is in same situation. Never seen a more pathetic ecommerce site.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 12:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

I used sparesandcare for my Laura Tsi parts and now for the civic. I am pretty happy with them. They are available on watsapp and response time is good. Now that I have shifted to Delhi they have promised same day/next day delivery. While in Bangalore they did same day airshipping (at an extra cost) and I received the parts the day after.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 15:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I ordered a compressor magnet coil for my Figo's ac. It never showed signs of leaving their godown. So I cancelled it. Now the refund is in same situation. Never seen a more pathetic ecommerce site.
That happens with all Ford parts ordered from them, Same happened to me ordered some air, Cabin, oil filters and drain nut bolts, waited for a month and saw no movement and finally cancelled the order.

I had a fairly good time with these guys until today.

Over the last 30-40 orders, this was their first screw up. They have improved a lot from when they first started.

What I ordered is
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-bolt-6767767/
I have ordered the same part in the past and always got them right.

But what I got this time was large screws!

Pic of the item displayed on their website and pic of the actual Item I got.

Best sites to buy parts online-boodmomessedup.jpg

Sent out a quick email to their support team explaining my problem - and this is what I get in return

Quote:
Dear Sir,

You can create your return on your own through your order panel, kindly follow the given process for the same:

1) Go to your order panel and open the order which you want to return.
2) Click on the view and edit option.
3) Click on the return option to initiate your request.

In case of replacement please provide us with your vehicle chassis no/VIN no. , variant, year etc...
The Reason I posted here -
How will my vehicle chassis no/VIN no. , variant, year help when the part sent is incorrect? It doesn't even match the photos of the part number displayed on their website!

All I can say is that when things are delivered properly all is good but once in a while when things do go wrong, you are left wondering who is handling their support team?
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 09:22   #134

How is ubuy for buying parts? For instance, I am trying to buy a set of mastercraft tyres from them. Has anyone ordered from them before and also what kind of custom duty can I expect while importing tyres.
P.S. I’ve not had good experience with Indian customs while ordering stuff from abroad before.

Last edited by SDP : 10th October 2018 at 09:59. Reason: Multiple typos and grammar mistakes. Please proof-read your messages before posting
sj911 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th October 2018, 23:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a call from someone who understood the issue and said would arrange for the right parts asap,
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks