Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best sites to buy parts online

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Boodmo is a regular advertiser with us & thus, I'm in touch with them on a weekly basis. Am for
Thank you, GTO!

Thanks to a good friend (who also happens to be a Bhpian here )put me in touch with their CEO. He has been in contact with me (Via email, Phone, WhatsApp) over the weekend even on a Sunday! Very Dedicated, hard working person,

Their CRM person also was very helpful and suggested that for slightly older/rare cars, we could email them first about the availability and time required to source the parts and then place the order.

I am sure this will get resolved very soon now! Thank you Again, GTO and also Boodmo.
Captain Slow is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 22:24   #77
BHPian

Boodmo Loots You..!!

I had ordered a LHS ORVM cover for my Swift.
Though I received the order I was was disappointed with the way Boodmo Looted/fooled me.

Take a look at below Images:

Best sites to buy parts online-01.jpg
Above is the screen shot of My Orders. The order I placed was automatically cancelled twice.
Every time the seller was changing, gives a hint that something is not right.
But I proceed thinking, its alright, some process of Boodmo may be.

Best sites to buy parts online-02.jpg
Above Image shows that there are 2 sellers.
I had ordered it from a different seller at a much higher price as seen in the above image.
Boodmo delivered the item from a cheaper seller, yet charging me at a much higher price than shown on their own website.

Here's a pic of the received package.
Best sites to buy parts online-img_20171106_213752.jpg

Shows something and delivers something else.
Such a thug of a website.

Can anybody suggest as to how shall I request for a refund for the pending amount?

EDIT: Send an email to Boodmo, awaiting a reply.

Last edited by iamahunter : 6th November 2017 at 22:32. Reason: Adding update.
iamahunter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 22:31   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Boodmo Loots You..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post

Can anybody suggest as to how shall I request for a refund for the pending amount?
You can mail their CEO at support@boodmo.com.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2022 at 12:10. Reason: Never a good idea to share personal email ids on a public forum :)
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 20:09   #79
BHPian

Re: Boodmo rectifies the mistake..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I had ordered a LHS ORVM cover for my Swift.
Though I received the order I was was disappointed with the way Boodmo Looted/fooled me.

EDIT: Send an email to Boodmo, awaiting a reply.
Had mailed on the above given address. Got a reply today morning from their support team and from their management in the evening.

They have not only accepted their mistake but also apologized for the same.

Also, they have initiated the refund for the balance amount.

A good go at winning back customer's trust.
I am a happy customer now.

A huge chunk of credit goes to Team-BHP.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2022 at 12:11. Reason: Quoted post edited
iamahunter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 08:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for the late reply. I got my money back, Thank you, everyone!

Would I order from them again? Maybe yes, if it is for some rare part which I can not buy locally.
Captain Slow is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 17:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Why is it that I find this thread only after placing an order for parts worth 6K on their site?
I sincerely hope that they are able to deliver within their promised timeline of 10-12 (which appears to have ballooned to 17) after placing the order.
Old 11th January 2018, 15:21   #82
Lij
BHPian

Planning to place an order for Yamaha Ray Z rear suspension on Indiaspares.in, anyone has any experience with this website lately?

Thanking in advance.
Old 11th January 2018, 15:26   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Why is it that I find this thread only after placing an order for parts worth 6K on their site?
Didn't you check for the reviews of this site online? A Google search throws up this very thread as the first result.

Best sites to buy parts online-screenshot_20180111152334796_com.android.chrome.png

Nevertheless, I hope you get the parts soon.
Old 11th January 2018, 16:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

I had come across some early positive experiences of ordering parts from boodmo in the GT TSI thread, and some positive reviews here and there within ownership experiences. At that time they didnt have tata parts, so had just mentally bookmarked it. Fast forward to now, when my FNG is not able to source a lot of parts, and me finding virtually every part for my car listed and priced, couldnt control myself and ended up ordering a decent list of trim bits which have been slowly deteriorating, and pending replacement.

Their customer service was also responsive and communicative (i.e. made sense in mails instead of sending canned responses) for certain parts i was looking for, so made the plunge. But now i saw the reviews of items being delayed, not delivered etc, and I need these parts within a month or so, hence my sudden concern. Lets see how things work out
Old 12th January 2018, 17:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

Update: Seems the dealer who I placed the order with on boodmo did not have half the items he claims he had, so they are shipping the stuff that's ready, but the rest is being processed by other dealers, and ETA may be delayed.

At least I look forward to getting the first set of parts - Hope nothing is missing as in Captain Slow's case
Old 12th January 2018, 20:43   #86
BHPian

Boodmo review

I have been ordering parts from boodmo since January 2017, mostly Maruti Suzuki parts.

The first order I placed was for some Maruti emblems & decals. They had Cash on delivery as a payment mode then, so I availed it. I was charged delivery charge individually for each product. The products were delivered after exactly 1 month (I did forgot that I had ordered some parts) & they were not able to deliver one old Maruti sticker as it was discontinued.

The next order (18.04.17) I placed was for a Console assembly from the face lifted Zen (03-06) as it was shown available. I received a call from someone at boodmo after 2 weeks that the part is long discontinued, to which I replied that is was showing available when I ordered it & I was then told that it might be better if I were to call him before I ordered a rare part.
The whole amount (price of the part + delivery charge) was refunded to my bank account in 1 week. The cash on delivery facility was removed by then.

The next order (10.08.17) I placed was for parts from relatively newer cars like the old alto, old swift. This time there were no extra delivery charges. This was the worst experience I had with them, the order status on their website was showing processing for almost 1 month. Then I wrote a mail to them, after which I received a call where I was told that the parts are expected to be made available within 2 weeks & will be dispatched there after. The first set of parts were received on 18.09.2017 & the remaining part was received on 25.09.2017.

The next order (07.10.17) was a mix match of parts from different Maruti Suzuki vehicles. This time there were no extra deliver charges. This time the vendors which were to deliver the parts (though different parts, I had ordered all the parts from the same vendor) were changed to about 4 times according to the MY ORDERS section, which appears after you login. Almost all the parts were delivered by 30.10.2017. There was one part which they could not deliver, which was from a Maruti Ciaz (ZXi+ emblem), the money was refunded to my account in 1 week time.

The next order (18.11.2017) was for some common parts from the Maruti vehicles. This time there were no extra delivery charges. This order was completed in 06.12.2017. This was a relatively faster delivery. The only complain I have from this order is that I placed an order for 3 quantities of the same part but they were only able to deliver 2 pieces.

The next order (07.12.2017) was for the Ciaz emblem that I didn't receive. This time I ordered the VDi+ emblem. Even though my order was only for Rs.64, I was not charged any extra delivery charge. The part was delivered in 27.12.2017.

The most recent order (27.12.2017) was for a super rare part of the Maruti Zen (distributor O ring). There was no delivery charge even this time. The part arrived today (12.01.2018).

After dealing with boodmo for the past 1 year, I can say that the people working there seem to be honest but there are some problems with the vendors or the supply system. They seem to be improving with time. They have got me very rare & old parts, which the MGP store wouldn't bother finding.

Will I place an order for a part if I need it urgently or it is easily available with MGP store, I don't think so. But if the part is not easily available in MGP store or there is no urgency, I would surely place an order in boodmo. If I get the part then its brilliant, even if they are not able to deliver the part, they will refund my money.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 12th January 2018 at 20:50.
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 17:27   #87
Senior - BHPian

I have placed another order with Partsbigboss now, for parts boodmo were not able to source, or were not able to provide a competitive quote.

Boodmo's quote for 4.5-5.4K for a lumax indica headlight with motor is a bit unexpected. I asked them to double check, as my workshop quoted me 3.5k for the same, while partsbigboss was offering it at 2.3K. Boodmo rejected the orders for the odds and end ( mostly fasteners for the parts i ordered) though they were listed and priced. Also mysteriously missing is some LHS trim parts ( though RHS are available - I had a good look at the car, and they seem symmetric, maybe the RHS and LHS are the same like the door seals, so will be asking them to send two RHS pieces instead)

Partsbigboss also seems to have stock of all the small bits and bolts (mostly interior clips and fasteners) which boodmo rejected. The only problem being these are all aftermarket - littal make, not OE. I have not received any update from partsbigboss, though they promise delivery faster ( and charge a 300 Rs Delivery fee)

They even had a Old style wagon R decal set ( something even the local MGP distributor was not keen on ordering)
Old 14th January 2018, 17:33   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have placed another order with Partsbigboss now, for parts boodmo were not able to source, or were not able to provide a competitive quote.
Partsbigboss is excellent when it comes to honoring the order. Their only downside, as you rightly pointed out is, that they don't deal in genuine spares but Littal make.

Quote:
They even had a Old style wagon R decal set ( something even the local MGP distributor was not keen on ordering)
Beware, most of their decal sets are sourced locally, and expensive too when compared to MGP.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th January 2018 at 17:34.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 18:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Their only downside, as you rightly pointed out is, that they don't deal in genuine spares but Littal make.
In my opinion, saying they don't deal in genuine spares is only partially true. Yes, most of their vendors are ones I've never heard of, but they did have a lumax part for half the price of a what boodmo had. My guess is that boodmo procures from manufacturer authorized channels which ensures that the parts are genuine, while partsbigboss buys directly from the vendor. This might explain the difference in pricing, as in parts big boss you are buying from lumax, while in boodmo you are buying from a tata parts reseller who got it from tata, who will put their margin on top of the price they pay to lumax.

As I am confident that lumax is the OE vendor, I see no reason to buy it from a tata channel, unless there are lumax fakes out there in the market.
Old 14th January 2018, 18:39   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This might explain the difference in pricing, as in parts big boss you are buying from lumax, while in boodmo you are buying from a tata parts reseller who got it from tata, who will put their margin on top of the price they pay to lumax.

As I am confident that lumax is the OE vendor, I see no reason to buy it from a tata channel, unless there are lumax fakes out there in the market.
Parts that come from the same vendor through different channels can have different QC applied to it. OE spare parts in vendor packing and OE spare parts in OEM packing will have gone through different QC process.

I have ordered a few trim bits for the i10 through Boodmo earlier this week. They have shipped one and the rest is still processing. Have to order a few more trim bits.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks