Team-BHP - Best sites to buy parts online
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Best sites to buy parts online (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/69979-best-sites-buy-parts-online.html)

Was just browsing team-bhp and realized that there is no database for the best places to buy car stuff online. So here it is.

please mention all the sites you have first hand experience with, and how satisfied were you with the products you got. And if there is some site that should be avoided. And also mode of payment and shipping would be AWESOME.

Nice thread at the right time. I was considering purchasing a few filters online.

Hopefully they should be genuine.

Depends on what you want to buy, frankly. But websites like summitracing.com are nice, though a bit expensive for us International customers perhaps. Tell us what you want to buy and you'll get good recommendations from many of us people who've imported performance parts from outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1595641)
Tell us what you want to buy and you'll get good recommendations from many of us people who've imported performance parts from outside.

I want to buy K&N universal filters, 3 Numbers.

Any idea from which site?

Two which I know of :

Petes: Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited > Main Section
Methods Automotive: Carpowergrid :: Home

Dont want anything in particular right now but was wondering that if i get a muffler from like rstyleracing or something similar do i need to pay any customs or taxes etc???

Yes, you would have to pay customs. Just order it using postal service and deal with the local SpeedPost and bargain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshaymahajan (Post 1596471)
Dont want anything in particular right now but was wondering that if i get a muffler from like rstyleracing or something similar do i need to pay any customs or taxes etc???

If its under 20K (P&P included) or so ( dont know the current exact amount ) and if its not on the Prohibited Items* (by courier) list and if its for personal use, then you dont have to pay duty !

The system is so corrupt, the custom officials attached to the PO, demand that you prove its for your personal use. Some items you can prove and some items you cannot !

Ideally for car related items , you have to show the following items

1. Car registration in your name, 2. Driving License, 3. Details of payment made ( must be by you ). Have a covering letter ready stating that the single item is for your personal use only . Mention that its under the duty free ceiling amount and hence you must be excused from duty

Precious Metals - Gold, Silver etc.
Gems and Jewellery
All items that require testing by regulatory authorities (such as Chemicals, Powders, Liquids etc.).
Chemicals falling under Chapters 28 (Organic), 29 (Inorganic), 38(Miscellaneous Chemicals) of the Customs Tariff book.
Plants and parts thereof
Animals and parts thereof.
Currency in any denomination.
Packages weighing over 70kgs each
Maps indicating incorrect boundaries of India
Perishables.

I'd found a link to P-Tronic on another thread. I don't know whether anyone has ordered anything from it though.

P-Tronic Website

Original T-bhp thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdiatech (Post 1597011)
If its under 20K (P&P included) or so ( dont know the current exact amount ) and if its not on the Prohibited Items* (by courier) list and if its for personal use, then you dont have to pay duty !

No. I've had my ECU held up in customs for an amount less than that. Had to shell out 1.x k because they had already done the calculations and the parcel was ready to be delivered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1597125)
No. I've had my ECU held up in customs for an amount less than that. Had to shell out 1.x k because they had already done the calculations and the parcel was ready to be delivered.

Oh, are you aware that you could appeal against the duty imposed.
They will by default presume that you have imported and will sell here. You have to convince them that its for your personal use

contact Deputy Commisioner, Postal appraising dept at the foreign postoffice of your city.
There is a form and you can give supporting documents with a covering letter. In fact you can meet him/her and explain. They are mostly understanding.
If they have seen you before then they will suspect you to be importing and selling for gains. Tell them it is for personal use only and they will waive it off. Just be polite and humble !

I quote the above from experience with them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdiatech (Post 1597465)
Oh, are you aware that you could appeal against the duty imposed.
They will by default presume that you have imported and will sell here. You have to convince them that its for your personal use

contact Deputy Commisioner, Postal appraising dept at the foreign postoffice of your city.
There is a form and you can give supporting documents with a covering letter. In fact you can meet him/her and explain. They are mostly understanding.
If they have seen you before then they will suspect you to be importing and selling for gains. Tell them it is for personal use only and they will waive it off. Just be polite and humble !

I quote the above from experience with them!

I was unaware of the above, but going by my impressions of the Postal department here, a bit of hand-greasing will be required at some stage for sure. They let me import a camshaft + adjustable camgear + a map sensor for ankit free of cost because I stated that this was for a college/personal project and I was building a race-car. The surveyor, or whatever you call them, was interested in what I was doing and had a nice talk with me and let me pass without any hassle. The quoted/real value of the stuff was not more than a couple of thousand rupees as the cams were used and were only imported for trial purposes. So imagine my surprise when I found his assistant next to me when I was signing the paperwork, asking for a 500 rupee note. I left shortly, with my wallet lighter and my faith in the Postal department corruption completely intact :D

Indian sites that I know of:

1. Petes

2. N1engineering

3. Motodesk

4. Methods

Have dealt with N1 quite a few times, and they're nice people. +1 from me.

I have also done some transactions with N1. +1 from me too for N1.