Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I have been getting PM's from fellow members who have paid Harrie for stuff but never received anything. As i was pm'd in confidence, i will not be menioning their details here.

Regards
-Z
Hi, I honestly feel, you guys should all give in a joint complaint to the cyber crime cell of the police and lodge an FIR. Please do it !
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

What are the mechanical problems with the car? and is it mechanical or engine/electrical?
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:47   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
The car was not in a great mecanical condition.
Seriously? Did the owner put a gun on your forehead and ask to pay up or he would blow your heads off if you left without closing the deal? Why did you guys pick up a car that wasn't in great mechanical condition to begin with? I fail to get the point, by the looks of it the fault lies with the owner unless he thought he was getting the car a dirt cheap rate and that he could sort out all the niggles later on at a cheap price only to find out it was just the opposite.

One always takes the opinion of a experienced mechanic while buying even an ordinary car. One must only be more careful when its a modded car. Sadly, I see you guys are paying up heavily for your ignorance. Take it as a lesson you learnt and move forward. Do give us a report on how the re-build happens @ RD.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What are the mechanical problems with the car? and is it mechanical or engine/electrical?
As far as I can recollect, it had some mechanical faults with the engine too. It was in a pretty bad shape.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

this is the car in question i guess.

2001 Lancer Mivec Fire Opal Red Sold! - Harrie's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

at vidatech
what cyber crime

Last edited by SirAlec : 23rd November 2009 at 22:53.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:55   #21
BHPian

I live in Mangalore! How you you suppose id get the paint down from bangalore? Via courier??
We did not have the colour/make bla bla bla. Thats why we couldnt source the paint.
Is it really so difficult to send 2 half litre cans of paint by courier? Where there is a will, there is a way, my friend! I have sent liquid stuff via courier umteen times. You just need to fill the cans to the brim so that the paint does not move and pack the cans in a thick cardboard box with some stuff inside to cushion the movement.
The bonnet and paint were a package. My friend still had faith in Harris until i talked some sense into him.
The parking charges were for a week and not months together.
The paint on the car was mixed by Harris himself and he was certain he would be able to mix the paints to get the same colour again.
You need to understand that when you live in a small town like mangalore, you depend on services of people from bigger towns! We couldnt get the bonnet and paint here, thus we sourced it from out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
Not trying to support anyone here, but is it ONLY me who finds it quite foolish to wait for months for someone to send a paintbox? Yes, courier companies don't accept such items, thats a given. How else was he to send the paint? Make a self delivery?

PAINT can be bought in any shop in Bangalore if you know the colour/make details etc. Why was it even ordered from Coimbatore while the car was sitting in Bangalore? Even if it was a custom colour, metallic paints can never be matched without the car being there in person.

I think we as customers should be sensible to figure these things out, if we are ignorant and foolish everyone will be out to take us for a ride. Buying paint is not ROCKET SCIENCE. Waiting for a box of paint, paying parking charges for months together is just plain.... Well, I can't figure out a word to use.

Hope you get back your money, don't expect someone to pay your parking fees etc, such things normally don't happen in our country. All I can suggest you and your friend is to get wiser with this experience.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

@motopsycho
That particular colour is a shade which would be a little hard to get. And anyway since Sajeeth took the payment for the paint, he should have delivered it or refunded the money. And im sure that paint wont come cheap. Besides, it may not have been possible to send it through courier maybe, but i'm sure the bus transport guys and all will have a way. It's not like paint is something that cannot be transported.

And since he owns a garage, IMO he should be more responsible rather than pulling off con jobs like this.

Last edited by karthik247 : 23rd November 2009 at 22:58.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
at vidatech
what cyber crime
I suppose, poaching for probable victims online for a scam such as this can amount to cyber crime too !
This is the best option ,if you go civil, you will not get anywhere in India !
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi, I honestly feel, you guys should all give in a joint complaint to the cyber crime cell of the police and lodge an FIR. Please do it !
I am game! We have proof of transfer and can go ahead and lodge a complain. Anyone else who would like to join in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The problems were related to engine and suspension. Suspension issues have been fixed and the engine issues have been addressed to a certain extent. She'll go under the snapper and torque wrench next month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
As far as I can recollect, it had some mechanical faults with the engine too. It was in a pretty bad shape.
Yup! it had mechanical faults with the engine. But that doesnt really matter now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
this is the car in question i guess.

2001 Lancer Mivec Fire Opal Red Sold! - Harrie's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

at vidatech
what cyber crime
SirAlec, BINGO!
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:08   #25
BHPian

on a lighter note a college student with 09 SX4 VVT, 08 Wagon R, 07 Karizma etc etc per your signature..cannot afford a weeks parking charges?. No offense meant.

I suggest you go down to the place where you picked it from and surprise harrie
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:09   #26
BHPian

Guys I think its better we hold the discussions till Harrie comes up and presents his version and side of the opinion on the issue. He sure owes James and his friend an apology for all the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
on a lighter note a college student with 09 SX4 VVT, 08 Wagon R, 07 Karizma etc etc per your signature..cannot afford a weeks parking charges?. No offense meant.

I feel all he meant was that he had to pay from his pocket for something he was not supposed to in the first place. It doesnt show that he cant afford in this case but it shows the kind of trouble he had to go through.

Last edited by furioussphinx : 23rd November 2009 at 23:11.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:13   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Do they all have to be his cars? His dad and mom may have the other cars.

Let's get back to topic now.

Buying a MIVEC is no easy purchase. The car needs to be checked up very thoroughly and that too from a mivec expert.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Deepak, The car belong to my elder brother whose name is also deepak!..lol.. As he is on the ship, i use them and they are pretty much mine. Regarding the bikes, I was working for about 3yrs before returning to my books. As a typical teen, i spent all i earned on my bikes. I have a passion for restoring bikes and i have restored the bull and RD myself during weekends!
The parking charges amount to 1.4k(reduced rate). Why should i bear this loss? every rupee counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Guys I think its better we hold the discussions till Harrie comes up and presents his version and side of the opinion on the issue. He sure owes James and his friend an apology for all the trouble.
Furious, right said! we'll wait for Harris to reply. I dont want an apology. I just want the paint or our money back.

Last edited by Samurai : 24th November 2009 at 00:06. Reason: PM sent
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:23   #29
BHPian

I honestly believe that harrie needs to come clean whatever the reason maybe. And the refund would be the right thing to do. I have been able to sell/buy quite a few items through team bhp, and I have had nothing but good experiences with fellow bhpians so far. I somehow kept believing that if it is through team bhp, I am safe, but this has proved me wrong i suppose.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:33   #30
BHPian

Moto, please go through my first post again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
happy with it as it was a fully legal lancer Mivec with the engine change endorsed on the RC..
Again, what is bugging me is not that the car had problems. Its the fact that a seller was paid for the products he was selling and he disappeared. We were fine with the car.
My friend doesnt mind spending tonnes of money on the car as long as the services are delivered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
Seriously? Did the owner put a gun on your forehead and ask to pay up or he would blow your heads off if you left without closing the deal? Why did you guys pick up a car that wasn't in great mechanical condition to begin with? I fail to get the point, by the looks of it the fault lies with the owner unless he thought he was getting the car a dirt cheap rate and that he could sort out all the niggles later on at a cheap price only to find out it was just the opposite.

One always takes the opinion of a experienced mechanic while buying even an ordinary car. One must only be more careful when its a modded car. Sadly, I see you guys are paying up heavily for your ignorance. Take it as a lesson you learnt and move forward. Do give us a report on how the re-build happens @ RD.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed