Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:59   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

I've dealt with Harrie and found him very professional. Never had any problems with him.

I think it's ridiculous that already the OP has made so many posts and his tone has gone from "I would like to clear up any misunderstandings" to "I'm ready to file a complaint with the police."

It's extremely unfair to crucify a guy without even giving him a chance to reply. I suggest common sense prevails and all the good folk of TBHP hold their comments till Harrie has a fair chance to reply.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Motopsycho,

I think you need to either come clean with your motivations (You are pretty much the only person on the thread directly attacking zubin). There are two aspects to the issue:
- Firstly, their purchase of a less than stellar automobile
- Secondly, the behavior of the seller and broken promises.

While I see your point on #1, the thread is frankly about #2. Why #1 happened, the OP has posted - we can discuss that and berate him till the cows come home. But that's a colossal waste of time when the thread is about #2.

@Zubin: Let's hope things sort out themselves. Hoping for the best. And most importantly, the car gets in shape asap. The rest is frankly mere detail!

@Nikhil: Valid point! However, cars are emotional purchases and going by zubin's account - I'm surprised the first post was so civil! Its okay. People carry grudges in real life, no?

Last edited by phamilyman : 24th November 2009 at 00:02.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:18   #33
BANNED

What a cry Baby.

Dude, you and your friend looks like demanding too much. No way he can transport paint, termed "INFLAMMABLE MATERIAL'

You guys decided on the car, whatever hurry you guys were in to get the car, why harass the Harrie fellow.

Simple my friend, any paint shade can be matched anywhere on earth, there's no rocket science involved.

You guys have gone to a wrong workshop who are not even efficient to match a custom color, shame.

You say you and your friend can spend enough money on the car, 2 ltrs of any paint will not cost you more than 7K.Stop crying and move on.

Get the car back on road.

And Harrie buddy, its not fair on your part to keep quite.

Accept and acknowledge if any shortcomings.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, sorry to say but this isn't a recent occurence with this member. He has been known to cheat people more than once, and some members even have proof. Maybe because he deals with you on a B2B level, he keeps it clean.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:24   #35
Team-BHP Support

I've never dealt with Harrie in any way and I don't think I would either. But that's besides the point. Let's get a close look at both sides of the coin before lashing out judgments and opinions.

Having said that, whenever there is money involved, their will be emotion involved as well. Especially when it involves two petrol-heads and a car.

As far as I'm concerned, James and his friend have handled this extremely well. Their only aim now is a refund. I see no battered and bruised egos and that's a good thing.

I hope things work out for the best! And I sincerely hope he comes clean. We're all BHPians for God's sake! We're a family!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th November 2009 at 00:26.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:25   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Nikhil, sorry to say but this isn't a recent occurence with this member. He has been known to cheat people more than once, and some members even have proof. Maybe because he deals with you on a B2B level, he keeps it clean.
I dont know about all that. I am not defending Harri blindly. It's just that he should be given a chance to present his side of the case.

Remember in one thread, you said, "It seems innocent until proven guilty doesnt seem to be followed on this forum". It's the same here.

He may have 'cheated' people in the past. This thread isnt for that, is it? Why dont those people come out and make it public?

This is for the issue which has developed between 2 parties. Let's not bring in other issues unless you(or the other wronged parties) want to talk specifics.

If you or some other guys knew thta he was a 'cheat', why dont you make it public? You can save other guys from getting 'scammed'.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:35   #37
BHPian

i dont know who harrty is but from what i can infer:
james: go to any reputed body shop and get the work done.
nikhil: its not unfair to crucify someone on a public forum after one ignores hundreds of calls made by you. any reasonable number is fine and if you are so damn busy to make a cal i doubt you can go all the way to the courier fellow.
and mr kadam: its simple, if the paint cant be delivered, simply refund the money. period.
its 10 grand. no joke.
you dont need to keep on delaying it.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

1) After reading all this on the thread, its pretty clear that delay in delivery of an article is reason for the arguments.

1) Finding paint matching is not very difficult, so James, rather than wait and spend energy for calling 50 times a day, its better if you search for the required paint yourself. Get the job done and enjoy the car.

2) Paint in courier. Well during Gujarat Earthquake my maternal grandparents' house was destryoed. When the construction for a new one was over, we were to send some paint that we was not used during construction of our house. These were not large objects and only given as sample of bigger paint containers we had.

Flatly, everybody said no. No Courier company was ready to transport paint even if we were ready to pay more.
So dont expect paint in courier. Its highly unlikely.

3) Best way to transport the courier is to talk with some bus travel operator. He will do the job. We have tried this earlier and it has worked. If Harrie has not yet dispatched paint, this will be a good option. James, if you can ( and if you wish to ), call harrie and suggest him this method if he has not dispatched paint.

4) Harrie has atleast cared to message. I know people who are worse. Give him a chance.

PS : I am not defending anybody here. I am trying to post the best optimum method.

Its good if both the parties talk with cool head and get onto their life. This sort of arguments is not going to get productive.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:53   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Motopsycho,

I think you need to either come clean with your motivations (You are pretty much the only person on the thread directly attacking zubin).
If you are pointing at if I know Harrie? No. Have I ever dealt with him? No again.

Its like someone going to a market to buy a JBL amp or speaker without doing any research and then crying foul after picking up a fake product (branded as JBL) and not being able to realize that until someone else points it out. I have always believed that a well informed customer is what will deter the vendors/tuners etc from conning us or making an attempt to. I hope you didn't take my post in any other sense.

And I have to agree with Nikhil. How come there are no other stories here? It would be nice to have others post their stories here to save us from such people who are being accused of repetitive cheating..
Old 24th November 2009, 00:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What a cry Baby.

Dude, you and your friend looks like demanding too much. No way he can transport paint, termed "INFLAMMABLE MATERIAL'

You guys decided on the car, whatever hurry you guys were in to get the car, why harass the Harrie fellow.

You say you and your friend can spend enough money on the car, 2 ltrs of any paint will not cost you more than 7K.Stop crying and move on.
Pavan, with all due respect, what are you talking about? It's their money and they are allowed to cry about it, whether it is 7 rupees or 7 thousand rupees. And please check, paint is often taken by couriers, as are fibre-glass kits which are also highly flammable due to the resin and bonding. How do you think Harrie couriers his kits to customers?
Old 24th November 2009, 02:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What a cry Baby.

Simple my friend, any paint shade can be matched anywhere on earth, there's no rocket science involved.

You guys have gone to a wrong workshop who are not even efficient to match a custom color, shame.

Get the car back on road.

And Harrie buddy, its not fair on your part to keep quite.

Accept and acknowledge if any shortcomings.
sorry dude, you've completely missed the point.
This 'Chalta Hai' attitude is what is the problem. If they agree to loose 7k today, why not 8k tomorrow? Where will it end?

I agree they can get they paint anywhere locally, but as long as they have paid for something and not got it, they have every right to be angry.

Let's give Harrie the benefit of the doubt until he answers.
Old 24th November 2009, 03:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

What amazes me 3 pages already and no response from Harrie yet.
Honestly -OP forget the paint and just ask for refund.

P.S- Though our call signs may pronounce same i am a different harry so don't flame me

Last edited by harry10 : 24th November 2009 at 03:10.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 03:56   #43
BHPian

The OP seems to have trusted Harrie by virtue of being a BHPian, not that Team-BHP vouches for anyone's integrity. I have not dealt with Harrie, so it would not be fair to comment on who is right and who is wrong.

As rightly pointed out by some, it is not about the car, but about the money paid for the paint. If it is impossible to ship paint, then I would have expected Harrie to know about that before hand. In his line of business, I am sure he would have encountered such requirements before.

I think the OP is being very considerate in asking for a refund, if the product cannot be delivered. Writing off that amount may be an option for some people, but I cannot afford to do that, if this happened to me. While I would not mind spending a zillion rupees on my car, I will not write off even one rupee that I paid for a service/product that is not delivered. Why should one do that?

In the given scenario, I think Harrie should come forward to ship the paint by whatever means right away or just refund the money and apologize. and I believe that is what the OP wants as well and IMHO it is completely justified.

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 24th November 2009 at 03:59.
Old 24th November 2009, 09:10   #44
BHPian

Sorry mister kadam, dont agree with you on this. If there is no way for him to transport paint due to it being INFLAMMABLE MATERIAL, why should he collect money for the same? From what i gather he owns a workshop and is a business man and he of all people should know that it is not possible to transport paint. If this is the reason, he should have refunded the money asap, and not leave the buyer at bay.
Old 24th November 2009, 09:32   #45
BHPian

Why are we at all running after resolving the courier issues. Its upto harrie (not harry10 ), to figure it out. give him an ultimatum and seek refund. There are many ways to transport if one wishes to do. There could be genuine problems for Harrie, but the genuine problem is now fake since there is no communication from his end.
I personally believe, a person having 50 missed calls from the same person owes a call back. You need to have the guts to come up and say sorry and do a refund or fulfill the order ASAP.
And rightly said, "Chalta Hai" attitude is killing us.
We people are waiting for a person not respond when someone has not bothered to even respond to calls.

Why not take alternative route to address this. People willing to help James and having contacts with Harrie, have a conference call and sort it out. Since Harrie is a known BHPIAN.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks