Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:21   #1
BHPian

Bad experience with a custom bonnet job

Hi guys,

I am starting this thread on behalf of a friend of mine.

In July this year i came across an advert in the tbhp classifieds for a Lancer. The car was in coimbi and the seller was Harrie. I told my friend about this car and he got in touch with Harrie and finalized things. Within a few days my friend and I were on a train to coimbi to pickup the car. We metup with Harrie, checked out the car in a hurry, bought it and left to bangalore as we wanted to reach before dark. On the way we experienced a lot of problems with the car but managed to reach blore. We spent the next day searching for some parts and with imputs from members like farhan(sideways), Mohith(crazydiablo) we managed to get the parts and got things temporarily rectified at India Garage. We were unable to reach Harris throughout this time. By evening we were off to mangalore and reached home safely in about 8hrs.

Even though my friend had a biter experience with the car on the very first day itself, he was happy with it as it was a fully legal lancer Mivec with the engine change endorsed on the RC.

In september, my friend got back to Harrie and asked him to alter a bonnet and make vents over the engine as the engine was heating up due to our clastal climate. He had discussed this with harrie while purchasing the car as he has a small workshop where he modifies cars.

My friend returned from the ship in the first week of november and transfered 19.5k to Harrie for the Bonnet and paint(customized 3 stage pearl orange costing 9.5k if i recall correctly).

The bonnet reached in a few days time with dents here and there but it was ok as it could always be fixed. The paint wasnt with the parcel and on enquiring with Harris, he said the courier Co. does not accept paints as they are inflamable, and promised to somehow send it to us within a few days. We checked with the courier Co. here and they told us that they do not accept paints. Days went by but we never heard from Harris nor did he answer our calls. Then one fine day we get a message from him stating that he was out of town and would send the paint asap. We were fine with that and sat waiting for the paint.

On the 20th of oct, my friend had to join the ship for an emergency sail and asked me to followup with Harrie and see to the painting work. I called him up towards the end of Oct for an update. He finally answered the call and asked me to call after an hour as he was yet to check on the status of the courier. He had completely forgotten about the courier. In the meanwhile the car was at the mitsubishi dealer for some work followed by painting. One fine day the dealer gives me a call asking me to move the car as the parking fees had already amounted to quite a bit.. Car was brought home and i frantically started calling Harris for the paint status. All he did was reject my calls or just let it ring.. I used to call about 50-60 times a day but i just couldt get through to him.. From then on i made about 50+ calls to him everyday but in vain.

One fine day he sent me a message saying he'll let me know the status by 2pm as he was in a meeting. he even sent an email to my friend regarding the same. But needles to say i never heard from him. Today is the 23rd and he still hasnt gotten back to me/ answered my numerous calls/ replied to my friends email.

Totally frustrated and with no other go, i decided to pm a mod and ask if i could go ahead with a thread regarding the whole episode. I got a go ahead from them and immediately started a thread.

All I want if for Harrie to come out clean with the reason for delay. We trusted him and this is how he has treated us. If there is some misunderstanding, i would like it to be cleared asap. If he was unable to get hold of the paint and is buying time, i would like him to refund the money my friend paid him and also make good the parking charge the dealer levied on me due to the delay in Harrie sending the paint after promising to do so asap. I had to bear the parking charges and as a student, i do not have so much money to throw and forget about it! I had messaged HArrie about the same in the beginning of nov.

Although my friend is cool about this, i am feeling very very guilty because i was the one who initiated the whole thing by telling him about Harrie's car.

Harrie, please do respond!!

Regards,
Zahin Aranha

P.S. guys, is there a way i can extract the read-only format call log from my n80 and post it up here if need be?

Last edited by james : 23rd November 2009 at 20:29.
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:43   #2
BHPian

Oh, its sad you had to go through this.
I hope Harrie would offer you a part refund which is the right thing to do, with an apology for all this.
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well this is indeed a very sad episode. I am waiting what Harrie will respond to this.

PS: any link to the ad, plus what his handle here.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunate!

And how is this Harrie? What is his handle here?
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
His handle is HARRIE, name is SAJEETH.

He had advertised that car on his orkut/facebook profiles.

Last edited by karthik247 : 23rd November 2009 at 22:16.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I used to call about 50-60 times a day but i just couldt get through to him.. From then on i made about 50+ calls to him everyday but in vain.
Hmmm, how can you ignore 50 calls a day?!

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/harrie.html
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:09   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unfortunate!

His handle is exactly that Harrie.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/harrie.html
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

The handle is Harrie itself if i remember correctly. There are also a few threads and reviews of the car ion question on the forum.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:18   #9
BHPian

Anyone from coimbi could help this poor & solve the problems asap.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:20   #10
BHPian

As Karthik mentioned, his name is Sajeeth and his handle is Harrie.

I tried searching for the classified advert here but it seems to have been erased. :(

I have been getting PM's from fellow members who have paid Harrie for stuff but never received anything. As i was pm'd in confidence, i will not be menioning their details here.

Regards
-Z
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:21   #11
BHPian

Thats him http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/harrie.html

There was an orange mivec for sale before. Even my friend went to check out that car but aborted as he dint like it.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/harrie.html
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:32   #13
BANNED

Not trying to support anyone here, but is it ONLY me who finds it quite foolish to wait for months for someone to send a paintbox? Yes, courier companies don't accept such items, thats a given. How else was he to send the paint? Make a self delivery?

PAINT can be bought in any shop in Bangalore if you know the colour/make details etc. Why was it even ordered from Coimbatore while the car was sitting in Bangalore? Even if it was a custom colour, metallic paints can never be matched without the car being there in person.

I think we as customers should be sensible to figure these things out, if we are ignorant and foolish everyone will be out to take us for a ride. Buying paint is not ROCKET SCIENCE. Waiting for a box of paint, paying parking charges for months together is just plain.... Well, I can't figure out a word to use.

Hope you get back your money, don't expect someone to pay your parking fees etc, such things normally don't happen in our country. All I can suggest you and your friend is to get wiser with this experience.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:32   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
There was an orange mivec for sale before. Even my friend went to check out that car but aborted as he dint like it.
Your friend made a very wise decision by not buying it. He would have had to spend pretty much the same amount to get the car to perform well as he would have to pay to acquire it.
The car was not in a great mecanical condition. It was revived at race dynamics after being purchased. A full strip/restore job will be done next month.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the handle clarification.

His last activity here on the forum was at around 3.30 pm. Hope he responds when he logs in next.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed