Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 11:16   #1
BHPian

My side of the dark story - Akshay aka V1P3R

I think its finally time to come out with what I have never wanted to come up on a public forum.

I am old school and have always thought it better to settle disputes off the forum than wash dirty clothes in public.

But now that my reputation is at stake, here goes....

Mivec Purchase

I purchased the mivec for 5.5L. Till date v1p3r maintains he got me a great deal and didnt take a cut etc., etc., But what happened was

1. Magline rims on the car were swapped for some 10 year old abused enkei rims
2. Audio which was supposed to be worth 50k was removed. Nothing was even given in return. Only empty holes.
3. Sparco steering and a tacho were removed.
4. Spares and engine rebuild kit worth 10k were not returned.

If this was not sufficient, Keshav Arora told me that the car had some bearing problems and had to be looked into immediately.

My car was seen standing with the bonnet open next to another mivec in the garage for a month.

God knows what were swapped. I am sure I wouldnt know because i trusted my tuner and his side-kick with my car.

The engine re-build kit was apparently used by Mr. Shresta Patil for his car's build. He was then supposed to pay me 10k or get a set of racing seats for my car. ( Again told to me by Mr. Akshay not Shresta himself. )

That is entirely my fault. I am not blaming anyone for this. I got to know about this a lot later and then went on trying to put right what was not.

How much did i lose? you do the math.

Honda City Gearbox

Now the same dude who claims innocence, actually convinced another member Jay to purchase a zonda - zen with a honda engine. Now that is another con story which only Jay can narrate.

But my part is I decided to go in for a automatic transmission swap for my OHC for my dad. I paid 50k for the gearbox and 12k for installation to Keshav and Sean respectively. I know

But I trusted them then.

Now this dude akshay come to coimbatore for the first track day and sees my gearbox. He says Jay needs the gearbox and that he'll get me a replacement from

1. Naren Kumar - The rally driver
2. Leela Krishnan - Rally Driver
3. Shresta Patil - Rally Driver

These were the reasons give me over a period of almost 6 months for the gearbox. He claims Shresta has spoken to Leela and that I'll get a gearbox the next day, the day after etc.,

I am going to personally forward this thread to Mr. Leelakrishnan and Mr. Naren Kumar and ask them if Mr. Shresta Patil did indeed talk to them about sending me a replacement gear box on Mr. Akshay's behalf.

If some one bother checking, please check when the second track day was held. I got my car running after getting a replacement gearbox sometime in February. I even have photos of teh car standing in the garage during the new years. It had been parked there for 4 months.

Now finaly the gearbox came, keshav told me its a great gearbox, akshay tells me its a tall gearbox to aid milege etc., etc., I fell for it again and went ahead with it.

I find now that hear box is cracked and been welded. Its been repired and leaking oil.

Again no one to blame but myself.

Finally after i confront him with teh gearbox, he comes up with yet another story

1. Jay paid 10k for the gear box to Mr. Rohit ( of Motorsmiths fame???? )
2. Mr. Rohit was KIND ENOUGH to send me a replacement.

Who the hell is Mr. Rohit to collect cash for my gear box and then be kind enough to send a replacement?

Supercharger

Akshay calls up and tells me he saw a SC on sale on ebay uk and that I could plonk it in my mivec.

I said ok. He called up and said, the seller doesnt accept credit cards and that I should pay for it on delivery by cheque. My brother was already back in india, so i got a friend of his to pay 72 pounds.

Now after the mivec deal went sore, I decided I have lost enough money. So I decided not to return

1. The supercharger - because I paid for it anyways
2. 3 autometer gauges priced at 105$ on summit racing website
3. A ron champion book

I am willing to return all three including the supercharger IF

1. He comes on this thread and accepts that he had indeed conned me and a few others including - Zak, Jay, Rahul, Sriram, Santhosh, Amit.....

2. If he puts up receipt of the money he paid to the e-bay seller. Now its not all that difficult to get a previous credit detail. Akshay, If you cant get it, give me the credit card number. I have my sources in the Crime Branch who can get the necessary details.

3. If nothing is being acknowledged, I think I am going to go ahead and file a defamation suit. I can get atleast 5 other to jointly file this with me. And trust me this is not some joking issue or something that will simply be done on the forum like steroid's or rahul's.

I come from a pretty influential family and can go through with the suit. Read that as the DK family.

This is your final and last warning. Any more cock and cull stories, you'll have a FIR filed in your name the first thing tomorrow morning. DONT MAKE ME DO THIS.

I rest my case.

P.S - The pic is from the 2007-2008 new year eve's
Just to show how long the car was from the second track day in september to the february

Mr. Shresta Patil, if in case you are reading this I have this to say

1. I paid you the cash for the car. I got the car from you placing my trust in you. I dont know when where the con job took place or if you even knew about this. But please do the needful to look into this issue. Your name has been dragged into the court a lot of times. Not good for your reputation either.

2. I hope you had nothing to do with this.
Attached Thumbnails
My side of the dark story - Akshay aka V1P3R-dscn1612.jpg  

Last edited by Harrie : 25th November 2009 at 11:34.
Harrie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2009, 11:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

After reading all the stuff, I can surely say that sometimes without anybody's fault things do go wrong. Also just to mentioned, I have never met anybody involved here. But just assuming that things do go wrong one or the other way in life.

The best option is to sort out the matter outside police/court. Spending so much energy for fighting is not going to help anybody.
I wonder how come these issues are coming up so late. But now, IMHO, just not worth playing power game or trying to win a game that is well past its prime.

I have seen Steeriod's case where speedzak was also there. These things do happen in life.
At one or other instance, we all have went through this. Best thing is to learn, but right now fighting to such a level is going to cost more time and resourced for all.

Peace.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
I come from a pretty influential family and can go through with the suit. Read that as the DK family.

This is your final and last warning. Any more cock and cull stories, you'll have a FIR filed in your name the first thing tomorrow morning. DONT MAKE ME DO THIS.
Easy fella, no point threatening on a civilized forum. Akshay had already started a seperate thread and I dont think there was any threatening in that. Instead of opening a new thread, maybe you could have replied to his.

May be the MODS could merge these.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:58   #4
BHPian

Well there is the two side of the storries.So what would be the verdict.Peace
Old 25th November 2009, 12:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is a shame to the forum. This thread should be closed.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Why?

I'm not supporting anyone, but there has been a lot of 'misunderstandings' going on in the forum. It's high time it all became public so people are more aware. Not just this thread. I hope everyone who has had a bad experience with tuners, other TBHPians, etc...etc... come and make their issues public.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 25th November 2009 at 12:40.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2009, 12:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:

i wouldnt call this a shame on the forum but public threats and dirt would just bring down the reps of individual members who have earned respect over a period of time.but doing this ona forum i feel is not the right way.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Let it continue in the existing thread then. Why does it have to be so ugly? The only thing remaining is calling names and bashing each other up.

Harrie, sit down relax for some time and then post later on if need be. I think you are very annoyed with all that's happened against you. But remember its not like we believe everything that's written everywhere. Good that you have at least come out with your version.
Me as a member reading these reads about all these things is not good for anyone here. Trust me on that.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In what way?

There are thousands of threads where members have said things about manufacturers, showrooms and even tuners.

This is no diff. Harrie is just penning down his side of the story. It is upto the accused to prove him wrong and clear up the situation.

On the contrary, its nice to know that team-bhp does not coverup such incidents by deleting these threads.

At this point, i dont believe what harrie has said, but i can't even say its false until i hear the complete story.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2009, 14:13   #10
BHPian

I shouldnt be posting up here but i do feel bad for what Harrie has gone through..

But Harrie, didnt you tell us that you sourced the mags yourself and that you had to struggle a lot to get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post

1. Magline rims on the car were swapped for some 10 year old abused enkei rims
No wonder the rim cracked so easily! 10yrs of abuse would surely have messed up the mag a bit. A piece of lampi had chipped off the inside(side portion) of the mag and a different brand was reflected. I cant recall the name but on searching, it turned out to be a cheap korean brand which makes look alike mags. So im guessing it may have been a fake enkei unless enkei outsources their production to them.

Last edited by james : 25th November 2009 at 14:20.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

IMO, both of them have posted their side of stories to this forum and by now many of our members have all read it. Now let one of them or both prove who is correct or who is wrong ?
Old 25th November 2009, 14:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Maybe that's how you see it Shan2nu. Not me. This is more like washing your dirty linen in public.

There was already one thread that received more than 7 pages in one day until Harrie responded. Now we have one more thread for the same story. What use is this to anyone?

Mention of issues pertaining to manufacturers and showrooms is different. This involves two members of the same forum.

Last edited by beejay : 25th November 2009 at 14:22. Reason: Mention>>>
Old 25th November 2009, 14:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe that's how you see it Shan2nu. Not me. This is more like washing your dirty linen in public.

There was already one thread that received more than 7 pages in one day until Harrie responded. Now we have one more thread for the same story. What use is this to anyone?
This is of use to the member who is going through the problem.

I'll tell you why I think so.

In the other thread James was extremely disappointed and there was no way of contacting Harrie as he had stopped responding to calls and e-mails.

Only when James put up his story here that Harrie woke up and responded. So Harrie was very busy until a thread here opened up here?

After posting it here things are getting resolved.

Not only that, a member stryder who is close to Harrie went out of his way to call/sms him that he will ensure Harrie responds to this.

That was the advantage of Team-BHp.

When something goes wrong with your car during a service and the manufacturer or service centre do not respond what do you do?

You go and create a thread here about that service place or about the manufacturer. Most manufacturers follow Team-BHP and take note and actually take action to rectify the issue?

How is this any different than that?

Just because both parties are members here it does not make it washing dirty linen in public IMO.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2009, 14:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mention of issues pertaining to manufacturers and showrooms is different. This involves two members of the same forum.
That should not be a reason to make other members susceptible to fraud. We should be sharing good as well as bad experiences as many members rely on the forum while taking decisions.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 25th November 2009 at 14:37.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
That should not be a reason to make other members susceptible to fraud. We should be sharing good as well as bad experiences as many members rely on the forum while taking decisions.
+1 to that. It always helps to be aware so that you can protect yourselves and other forum members/friends from getting into a soup.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks