Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 15:08   #16
BANNED

Close ratio gearbox on a FI car for street use doesn't make much sense? Do put this car on a dyno to really see what you are making.

And as mag has suggested, do take good care of your car. I don't think your tuner has had many good feedbacks/reviews off lately so tread with extra caution. Hope you don't have to see the dark side too, EVER.
Old 28th November 2009, 15:24   #17
BHPian

Congrats! Isnt that Satya's zen in the 8th pic?
Old 28th November 2009, 16:17   #18
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations man! All the best with the new blower. Give us your feedback and the costs involved That would be much appreciated.

P.S. Is your BOV on the louder side or have you gone in for a stealth one? And how's the clutch? Does it work well in stop-start traffic?
Old 28th November 2009, 16:54   #19
BHPian

Looking forward to the change in numbers.
Old 28th November 2009, 20:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Adding a Turbocharger to a Baleno, to be honest i didnot like the concept because if anyone would have added a turbo in a SUV or MUV class car than it would really seemed to have a meaning, but Baleno. Anyways congrats for a neat JOB.
What ? Turbocharging an SUV or MUV makes more sense ?
Old 28th November 2009, 20:46   #21
BHPian

irrespective of what people feel about turbo charging a Baleno, I feel you have done the right thing.

i just hope you feel the turbo kick in and your car pull you like a rocket (i miss that feeling!!) ! That feeling is worth all the money and effort you are putting into it. You can always surprise a same category car, if they are annoyingly tailgating you lol

Enjoy, drive safe and maintain well !!

Cheers
Old 28th November 2009, 21:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from the garage, 2- day build won't happen and car will be back only on monday :(

That said 95% of the work is done,(sorry no pics since cam ran out of battery) the radiator needs to be mounted,bumper needs to be cut,meshed and mounted and some old exhaust rattles need to be sorted.

The car sounds really really smooth!

We also plonked in the injectors today and started the car,it was running pig rich.Decided not to run them since if there is any problem with the car in the first few weeks,I will not be able switch back to the stock ecu and run the injectors.They will go on in a couple of weeks though after I'm satisfied with the reliability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Nice,
Just a small suggestion, since your exhaust manifold is very close to intake pipe,A.C condenser pipe & A.C condenser, it will be good to use Heat wrap with some insulating material so that extra heat generated by turbo will not take its toll on A.C functioning & rise in intake air temp.

At what RPM does turbo spool in? Considering Indian weather conditions an oil cooler is recommended for street setup since it will help to keep overall temp down there by increasing reliability of entire setup.
Thanks Jitu, right now just running a regular heat shield,the Oil cooler will be the next upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Keenly hooked on to this thread. Guess will get to learn a lot from this thread.Eagerly waiting for the full report. Keep us posted binz. It seems you have done all your research before the install. Hope its gonna be a killer setup.
Will keep everyone posted! I did do plenty of research before and even keshav was surprised! I hope its a killer setup too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Please heed to Psycho's directions on its usage and maintenance . The mod team has had it with dark-side threads !

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
Close ratio gearbox on a FI car for street use doesn't make much sense? Do put this car on a dyno to really see what you are making.

And as mag has suggested, do take good care of your car. I don't think your tuner has had many good feedbacks/reviews off lately so tread with extra caution. Hope you don't have to see the dark side too, EVER.
Its a gearbox of a suzuki cultus, and the ratios aren't as short as you would expect.Its a really well spaced gearbox though,much much better than a standard baleno box.Not to mention it is stronger and will handle the power better.

I have absolutely no issues with keshav. He knows what he is doing with the tune,and i haven't walked into this blindly either

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Congrats! Isnt that Satya's zen in the 8th pic?
Thanks! That is, I had it for an hour ..

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th November 2009 at 07:55. Reason: Merging posts
Old 29th November 2009, 00:12   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the update binz. What boost levels you plan to run? Any plans of going forged?
Old 29th November 2009, 00:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Thanks for the update binz. What boost levels you plan to run? Any plans of going forged?
Let the car get on the road first!
Old 29th November 2009, 01:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful build , more pics are always appreciated .
The air intake can be put in front of battery instead of behind ? , is it breathing fine ?
Old 29th November 2009, 07:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

nice nice. that is a very long intake pipe running over the manifold? how's your spark plug? pictures of the gauge? rd + turbo should be a good combo. i think you will need bucket seats now.
Old 29th November 2009, 12:29   #27
aZa
Senior - BHPian

congrats and all the best with the reliability! Will be following this thread
Old 29th November 2009, 13:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
nice nice. that is a very long intake pipe running over the manifold? how's your spark plug? pictures of the gauge? rd + turbo should be a good combo. i think you will need bucket seats now.
The single picture i posted is neo_trace's car. Mine is slightly different ..
Currently running 7 rating plugs off a Skoda RS, this is just temporary till I buy my new plugs. They will either be NGK 9s or HKS M40s. this should be in within a week or two.

Pictures tomorrow,since the garage is closed today,will also try to get a video of the exhaust and the turbo spooling.

Check out the car next to mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
congrats and all the best with the reliability! Will be following this thread
Thanks!

Last edited by binz : 29th November 2009 at 13:16.
Old 29th November 2009, 15:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

interesting - am interested in the 0-100 timing. Should be under 8.xx
Old 29th November 2009, 16:17   #30
BHPian

the driver's skills also play a role in 0-100 i suppose

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks