Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2005, 19:09   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

New Xenon like bulbs in the market

Of late i have seen a whole bunch of new accord with lights that looks exactly like xenons. At first i thought maybe they are orignal HIDs but as the numbers increased I asked the honda showroom and they said they dont have optional HID kits for the new accord. I have started seeing these lights on swifts and scorpios also which made me sure that these are not HIDs. But these bulbs r awesome, they arent the usual cheap bluish white lights. They have a nice purpilish tinge to the pure white beams and seems pretty effective for night driviing. Does anyone know which companys have such good immitations of xenons and whats the pricing. Just make sure you dont suggest one of those cheap blue-white type bulbs coz they looks awful.
Old 11th August 2005, 19:33   #2
BHPian

u r right, infact yesterday only I came to know that Phillips has introduced these bulbs and costing around 1100 for a set of four bulbs.
Old 11th August 2005, 19:41   #3
BHPian

Thats good new for me....I have been searching for good branded white lamps for my car for a long time now...Hope they have it in the similar size as the Palio's lamps...Plus I need to buy 6 (2 for low beam, 2 for high beam and 2 for fog lamps).
Old 11th August 2005, 20:19   #4
BHPian

I'd like to change the bulbs in my baleno as the low beam is simply insufficient for our conditions - are these the philips blue vision bulbs ?

I think they'd be the 55/60 W ones so no change in wiring is required - simply swao out the bulbs.

zaphod
Old 11th August 2005, 20:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vivek do u you the name of these phillips bulbs, some model name/number?
I have one doubt abt these white lights is that i have heard they dont provide as good vision as the standard yellowish lights. A friend of mine who has one of those bluish white lights said that on certain flyover and roads thats have white street lamps hinder the beam as both are same color or something of that sort.
Old 12th August 2005, 11:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
@Vivek do u you the name of these phillips bulbs, some model name/number?
I have one doubt abt these white lights is that i have heard they dont provide as good vision as the standard yellowish lights. A friend of mine who has one of those bluish white lights said that on certain flyover and roads thats have white street lamps hinder the beam as both are same color or something of that sort.
In fact I just happened to be at acce shop just to inqure about Baleno LXi acce which I am going to take in couple of days. Shop keeper only told me that these are the new lights (similar to Skoda light - thats what exactly he told me) which can be put on Baleno. I have yet to experienced it so cann't comment about your doubt but I would definitly re-visit the dealer and ask the same and other information (name/number) as well.
Old 12th August 2005, 17:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

I had one such set if bulbs in my lancer. Mine were chinese made and cost me 350RS for a set only. Lasted for 2 years.

looks damn good on the car. But I was not satisfied with their performance on the highways.It canbe because mine were chinese.
Old 12th August 2005, 17:31   #8
BHPian

I have the philips one on my safari , I too think the original halogens provide better visibility..
Old 12th August 2005, 17:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

Maybe This link will be of help to you. The bulbs you want are the Diamond vision, which have a blueish tint to them.
Old 12th August 2005, 17:55   #10
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

These lights are part Xenon headlamps. They are halogen lights filled with Xenon gas. Hence it gives the blue color. If you notice carefully, Xenon lamps do not have a filament inside them.
Old 12th August 2005, 21:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

no mine did have a filament. It was the filament that was fused. Now I have one bulb that works and another that doesnt and the problem is that they come in pairs. I will try to get a single one if available anywhere.
Old 12th August 2005, 23:48   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Rtech, I had checked out your review previously but i dont think your lights are the ones i am talking about. Yours are pure white, the ones i am talking about that more of a purplish effect than bluish.
Old 12th August 2005, 23:52   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The color could also be bcos the tip of the bulb could be colored purple.
Old 13th August 2005, 00:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

yeah sahil your right.
the one rtech has on his octy are the pure white ones and the ones on the rs have a slight tinge of blue and purple which make it very attractive to look at and at the same time provide good vision.

rev
Old 13th August 2005, 02:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
yeah sahil your right.
the one rtech has on his octy are the pure white ones and the ones on the rs have a slight tinge of blue and purple which make it very attractive to look at and at the same time provide good vision.

rev
The ones on the RS are orignal HID Xenons...which are very expensive...but ya in terms of looks i am looking for something as close to that i can get in a halogen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks