Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 00:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motophsyco View Post
Also, I don't think Viper is missing out on anything written here. We have akshay1234 keeping his eyes and ears wide open to update Viper about the latest details and also put forth Vipers side of the story here .
just because hes banned dosent mean he cant read the forums. im just putting across facts like i know them. and i dont know exactly whats happened with vdiatech which is why i have no comments on that.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
just because hes banned dosent mean he cant read the forums. im just putting across facts like i know them. and i dont know exactly whats happened with vdiatech which is why i have no comments on that.
why is he banned? good he is reading the forum and you can post on his behalf and let us know the fact as far as your consciousness says its correct.
we hope that you consider vdiatech side as a buyer and who has suffered.
he had saved money for 7 long months and the deal went bad.

we can imagine the situation by stepping in his shoes i prefer woodland though
Old 30th November 2009, 00:43   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
why is he banned? good he is reading the forum and you can post on his behalf and let us know the fact as far as your consciousness says its correct.
we hope that you consider vdiatech side as a buyer and who has suffered.
he had saved money for 7 long months and the deal went bad.

we can imagine the situation by stepping in his shoes i prefer woodland though
no clue why he is banned. of course i am neutral to this, not taking anyones side. but just one thing i believe was done wrong, vdiatech should not have cut the header. if it was not fitting he could have sent it back to viper or shown pictures to viper. now that hes cut the header it is only his word against viper. that is just my opinion on the headers.

again not specific to vdiatecs incident, but viper does test ffes on cars before shipping it to customers. ive sent my getz a few times to afzal for that.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 30th November 2009 at 00:45.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:45   #19

@Amit, Do keep some issues with viper, if any for another day.

Lets get to the point shall we. I know someone for who jiggy did an install for and after a few days he had a few vibrations, and Jiggy promptly sorted them out in a matter of a few hours and now the fellow is happy with his install.

So I dont doubt jiggy's capabality for making a ffe

Also, AS someone who makes and designs his own exhausts, lemme tell everone something. An install may differ from one car to another EVEN THOUGH they are the same model. So VDIATECH should have known this and been sensible enough to go to someone closer to his home. I believe he took an easy way out and as it hasnt worked, this is just sour grapes.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Also, AS someone who makes and designs his own exhausts, lemme tell everone something. An install may differ from one car to another EVEN THOUGH they are the same model. So VDIATECH should have known this and been sensible enough to go to someone closer to his home. I believe he took an easy way out and as it hasnt worked, this is just sour grapes.
So what about it being called a bolt-on then? Also, care to elaborate how an install may differ from one stock car model to another stock car of the same model? We are talking about a Corsa which had a single production run. The question is, whose car was the FFE tested on?

If you can call this thread sour grapes, my friend, I will choose to call your post an advertisement. Deal?
Old 30th November 2009, 01:02   #21

Pranav, how can you be so sure that vdiatech's car hasnt been modified or altered in any way?

In no way am I trying to discredit the starter of the thread. But last I checked, this was a forum and thus I believe I can post my views................ hopefully

and maybe I should start advertising about my "exhausts" too!! .....jus kidding!
Old 30th November 2009, 01:15   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
automech are not marketers. they are manufacturers. they have also been oem suppliers long ago. the are not middle persons who get them manufactured from somewhere else. they have their own factory for manufacturing the FFEs and they are very professional people with best knowledge of what they do.
they are in this business for donkeys years. i can vouch for this as i have a very good experience in buying a ffe from them and so are my tons of friends in pune.

a complete FFE gives better results with the headers, expansion and the endcan in sync and tuned to perfection. not necessary this is a scam.
Amit, let us not get into this whole deal about supporting X or Y just because you are satisfied with their product. Look around TBHP and you will find lots of members who had been raving about their previous experiences with their tuners in for a shock treatment later down the line. For eg: Ricky63, Iceman91, mclaren1885, GTO's jeep etc..

Have any of you Bombay/Pune boys gotten your rides a FFE exhaust from one of the CBE/Bangalore guys who are known for their high quality FFE's (there are lots of wannabe tuners in Bangy too, but I am talking about those guys who are best in their field)? There was this instance when someone from this forum with a Swift who was running his Automech headers swapped them for a set from one of the best tuners in the country. When they compared the runner lengths and dia, the Automech FFE turned out to be a joke with the calculations wrong. Automech maybe in this field for donkey years, but one who has seen this field long enough will tell you that the difference is like between a K&N/Green Cotton filter to the ordinary fake air filters you get in the market.

This might come as a very hard to believe post to most readers. Do try to get some FFE systems from the guys who know how to build cars and compare them with the Automech ones to see the difference before shouting your mouths off. Most guys on TBHP are just keyboard warriors with little or no experience wrt to mods. C gets a mod D done from a tuner E and thinks it is the best in the whole wide world. Best with reference to what? Its like saying Pepsi is better than Coke without trying the later.

PS: I meant when you have the rest of the FFE like Vdiatech has here, any tuner who his ethically good WILL give you just the headers. Only those who want to rip you off your dough are the ones who will refuse to sell just the headers.

PS2: Vdiatech, I request you to kindly head over to Kamlesh/Kripesh Patel and see if they can fit your car with just the headers. I am sure they would be able to help you out.

Edit: This is the first time I am hearing that an exhuast made for a car can have issues while fitting it in another car of the same model . Cyrus, are you really serious?

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th November 2009 at 12:55. Reason: Removing last line. Unnecessary comment.
Old 30th November 2009, 01:29   #23
BHPian

End of the day, its better to get headers from someone local so that all issues can be sorted out. Maybe its a lesson for everyone, It took me 5 visits to my tuner to get the headers right, I drove around 50 kms each time even though i am in Bangalore, Guess what, i still have to go to him for changing the glass-wool every 2-3 months.

My advise is to Get your headers from Electra or someone from chennai next time

Last but not the least i truly understand how it feels when you have saved for the headers and then it does not work out! I have done the same in my case as well.

Dont lose hope and best of luck my friend!
Old 30th November 2009, 02:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Edit: This is the first time I am hearing that an exhuast made for a car can have issues while fitting it in another car of the same model . Cyrus, are you really serious? Maybe, you should just let your dad do all the tech talking ?
Actually Headers for the Corsa is pretty difficult to do. The a/c piping route has to be changed if you want to get headers for the corsa or you drive without the A/c.
So what must have happened is that Viper must have copied the Headers of a FFE'd Corsa which has already done changes to A/c piping. Hence the Problem.

Viper Should have known that.

@Cyrus43
FOR your Quote:

Your rides your baby. And anyone would want the best for his car. SO no matter where components have to be bought from if you think its the best you'll get it from there. Thinking of which he(VDIATECH) went ahead and ordered from the mumbai tuner. But alas.

People (EG FORD ROCAM) order parts from different parts of the world. So what your saying is that they shouldnt and instead get it from the local dealer?

Last edited by danlalan : 30th November 2009 at 02:07.
Old 30th November 2009, 07:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Actually Headers for the Corsa is pretty difficult to do. The a/c piping route has to be changed if you want to get headers for the corsa or you drive without the A/c.
So what must have happened is that Viper must have copied the Headers of a FFE'd Corsa which has already done changes to A/c piping. Hence the Problem.

Viper Should have known that.

@Cyrus43
FOR your Quote:

Your rides your baby. And anyone would want the best for his car. SO no matter where components have to be bought from if you think its the best you'll get it from there. Thinking of which he(VDIATECH) went ahead and ordered from the mumbai tuner. But alas.

People (EG FORD ROCAM) order parts from different parts of the world. So what your saying is that they shouldnt and instead get it from the local dealer?
Well, I was on a budget, hence VIPER. Who was not sensibe, me for beliving that a bolt on-is a bolt on or VIPER for designing my FFE on a modified car (re-routed ac pipes) and not telling me about it at all. In fact, only you have mentioned this. All this while VIPER did not even mention it. This not just sour grapes, may be you dont wish to read about the bad workmanship (eg leaks in the headers )details or rather chose to ignore them. Does it reflect good on a tuner to contradict himself many a times and also send headers with leaks ( no checking, although he claims ).

If you just over look the AC piping part, what about the leaks ? Also, you really think, the car he on which he suposedly designed and tested had its oil sump in a different place under the car? My car is completely stock!

I am moaning but at VIPER/AFZAL's bad workmanship ! As a customer, I suppose I have every right !
Old 30th November 2009, 08:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

@vdiatech: Just one sentence - All the best!
Old 30th November 2009, 09:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have any of you Bombay/Pune boys gotten your rides a FFE exhaust from one of the CBE/Bangalore guys who are known for their high quality FFE's (there are lots of wannabe tuners in Bangy too, but I am talking about those guys who are best in their field)?
Well if you haven't been following the forum here is one thread (Transforming the beast into a Deadly Monster! ;) - My Baleno!) . There are quite a few members who have gotten stuff made without physically being present with their cars during fabrication.
Old 30th November 2009, 09:10   #28
BHPian

Hey i know jignesh personally he's good at what he does,afzal does a lot of fabrication for a lot of high horsepower cars like honda's,mitsubishi's,some pulling excessive of 400 whp ,his worksmanship in no way is questionable,if the header was wrongly designed or not matching up you could've simply returned it back,got a refund or a replacement which every you chose,im not here to take sides,i just hope both sides are heard out equally which at the moment is not possible as jignesh is banned on the forum,so it is kind of unfair to judge without hearing out his bit,hope this can be settled between both parties in a more civil manner,cheers,happy revving..!
Old 30th November 2009, 09:11   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

I completely disagree to this. The FFE for my Baleno was made by Electra and shipped to Calcutta where I installed it and there was not a single issue with it. It is another thing that the installer forgot to connect the thermostat wire which led to overheating when the car was stationary. But for the FFE, there was absolutely no problem. So I cannot imagine that install may vary for the same car with the same model.
Old 30th November 2009, 09:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
Hey i know jignesh personally he's good at what he does,afzal does a lot of fabrication for a lot of high horsepower cars like honda's,mitsubishi's,some pulling excessive of 400 whp ,his worksmanship in no way is questionable,if the header was wrongly designed or not matching up you could've simply returned it back,got a refund or a replacement which every you chose,im not here to take sides,i just hope both sides are heard out equally which at the moment is not possible as jignesh is banned on the forum,so it is kind of unfair to judge without hearing out his bit,hope this can be settled between both parties in a more civil manner,cheers,happy revving..!
most of the issues came to light during installation and then mostly post installation. the first set took 22 days to reach me, how many more days would i have to wait further to send this back and wait for replacement. I had good faith in Jignesh until he was adamant that he had tested it on a corsa. Well, why did he not notice the leaks which were hissing then ! Right from designing to delivery he has contradicted himself a lot.

Ok, I am a customer and I am purely commenting on what I got from Jignesh not his individual capability as a tuner ( nor Afzals ), I think it is totally unacceptable to send a faulty piece and later claim that ALL IS WELL, repeatedly !

Whether he is a nice guy or not is a different thing. But his workmanship and the ability to accept the defects and make good for the customer is a different thing, rather than contradicting himself at many stages !

I am being told what to do now and what I should have done ( people choose to ignore the workmanship flaw, for which in his last email, was a one line apology). Well, all involves money. So I have to wait for a month or two before I can do something.

Last edited by vdiatech : 30th November 2009 at 09:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks