Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 18:00   #61
BHPian

I guess everyone's bottomline is - the two should talk!
Old 30th November 2009, 18:08   #62
Team-BHP Support

However, if one insists on phone and other email, we have a protocol mismatch.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:20   #63
BHPian

@ protocol mismatch. - LOL
Old 30th November 2009, 18:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
However, if one insists on phone and other email, we have a protocol mismatch.
Hi Samurai, well if JIGNESH would make good for the money I spent in excess ( for the faulty workmanship) and Stress I went through and the sub-standard headers then I would most certainly speak to him.

The only reason I did not speak to him then ( as in email ) is because he would not admit a few things and I am not someone to argue ! When I say, it did not fit, I mean IT DID NOT FIT ( I was there for heavens sake !!), despite we had already done what he suggested for the solution. See how he goes on about this not accpeting this fact. Also, I gave him the benefit of doubt saying that there was probably some mis-communication bwteen him and Afzal, I never wanted to blame him or malign him or blackmail him as some have accused me.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vdiatech: CHILL;

Please take some pictures of the headers fouling with your AC pipes etc and post them or send them to VIPER.

Also, did your fitment guy speak to the manufacturer? One of them is taking you for a ride!!
Old 30th November 2009, 18:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey Vdiatech: CHILL;

Please take some pictures of the headers fouling with your AC pipes etc and post them or send them to VIPER.

Also, did your fitment guy speak to the manufacturer? One of them is taking you for a ride!!
posted them on automech vs viper FFE thread and also sent to viper himself !
most certainly the installer here is not taking me for a ride. I have known him from his bro days . and I was there for over 3 hours. again, its not just the fitment...the leaks...ac pipes...

I am not dumb enough to beleive some installer blindly, being a DIY enthusiast, I know a few things too.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

as a prospective Viper's FFE future out-of-city customer, I am very keenly following up this thread. I hope both the parties solve the problem amicably so as to make it easier for future customers.

Not that the positive experience from fellow members don't count, but negative reviews have more effect mentally on us rather than positive one's. And negative reviews turned into positive ones are like icing on the cake.

Hope a solution is worked out by both the parties and the best way would be to sit and talk.

just my 2 cents.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:06   #68
BANNED

Maruthi, I hope your phone has a call recorder. if not you, Im sure one of your friends will have one. turn the bleeding thing on, call up Jiggy, inform him that the call is being recorded, - and will be publicized - and just talk things out.
that should pretty conclusively establish who is correct and who is wrong without you having to worry about 'mouthpieces'.

simple thing to do, really. it will serve your purpose of record keeping while fulfilling Jiggy's request of a telephonic conversation.

Last edited by blacmagic : 30th November 2009 at 20:09.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:11   #69
BANNED

Its sad to see people on TBHP sitting on the sidelines and vouching for friends unable to see the bigger picture. Like I mentioned before, we have had a lot of such incidents prior to this too on TBHP. Where people were going ho hung about a tuner X only to find a review of the exact opposite nature when things went wrong, how many of us read the dark side threads? Lesson to learn is, when these screw ups happen "on our own cars", expect these guys lecturing here and vouching for Jignesh Goradia to do the same as what Vdiatech has done (write a dark side thread). Prime eg being Ricky63, mclaren1885, GTO, Steeroid etc.. Do you see these guys recommending their old tuner to anyone? At some point they all kept vouching for their tuner to no bounds. So let us not be blinded guys. Lets take each incident at face value.

One has to admit that a brand new FFE with leaks on it is unacceptable. Further more, dan & adman's experience tells us that a certain amount of re-working is required in the engine bay to fit the headers. Which part of this are you guys missing out? Its clear that Jignesh hasn't mentioned any of it in his mails, which any fabricator/installer should. A delay of 22 days to get a set of headers made? Like Riju pointed out, I have seen great tuners like Raj Hingorani do custom jobs and send headers out to the other end of the country in 3 days flat with a "written note" attached on how to install them the right way.

Vdiatech, I know people are now questioning you saying, why didn't you take his calls. Had you not had e-mail proofs, then the same lot would have said, why didn't you collect proof etc..

Another lesson for all to learn from this is, if you are dealing with a middle man in between a customer and fabricator, AVOID the situation as far as possible. Either let the fabricator directly talk to the installer, because by the time a sentence goes from the fabricator to the middle man to the end customer to the installer, lots of things goes missing or mis-interpreted. I am saying this in general, not just referring to this case in particular.

Jignesh, if you are reading this, trying to prove your right or wrong is ONLY going to drag this issue further and tarnish your image because not EVERYONE will buy your end of the story even if you are right. Instead send Vdiatech a replacement at your cost and then see how people will appreciate your work, that you go out of hand to help a customer. It will work in more than one advantageous ways for you, take my word on that. This is how you do business my friend. Keep your enemies happy first, the rest will be taken care of. Being in this modding scene for many years, I can tell you that no customer will complain if he had to pay more and ends up getting a good quality job. That is why all the great tuners go to great lengths to see that they take care of any troubles faced to avoid such kind of negative publicity even if it is not their fault at times. I know you aren't classified to be called a tuner, but a businessman nonetheless should know this trick of the trade.

PS: Totally agree with what John (esteem_lover) said. This is a clear cut case of penny wise, pound foolish on Vdiatech's part. You have people like Kamlesh Patel in your town, why go to someone like Viper/Automech? Beats my logic entirely. Just look at what trying to save that 2k has now landed you with. Does anyone remember Jitu's sig? "Cheap is not fast and fast is not cheap" or something on similar lines. Amen to that.

Last edited by motophsyco : 30th November 2009 at 20:26.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:31   #70
BHPian

Vdiatech,

Simple solution, send his equipment back to him and ask for a refund. Will that help you in resolving this case ? If it helps then please do it asap.

Regards
M
Old 1st December 2009, 00:42   #71
Team-BHP Support

i think all of this would have been avoided had vdiatech waited 10 mins extra for the call from viper. vdiatech has said he called up viper when the headers were not fitting and viper said he will call him back in 5 minutes. viper called back in 15. vdiatech buddy, could you have not waited for 10 minutes more before cutting the headers? that gets rid of the proof that the headers were not fitting. had you not cut them you could have taken a picture and sent it to viper and i am sure he would not have even slightly hesitated to give you replacement free of cost. now he will say he tested it in bombay on a car and it fitted and you are saying it did not fit but you altered the headers. now there is no way to prove that it did not fit besides your word.

like someone else said, its like warranty, if you tamper with it why should the manufacturer replace it. i just hope you guys come to an agreement.

you should have been a bit more patient when fitting it whether the installer was pressuring you or not. its not something small you were doing to your car. anyway enough of what should have been done.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st December 2009 at 00:44.
Old 1st December 2009, 02:44   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
We have only seen selected excerpts from vdiatech's email, that too selected by viper. Better not make any judgements based on that.
Completely agree to your point Samurai. I had written this before seeing the reply from vdiatech. Sincere apologies from my end.
Old 1st December 2009, 06:43   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think all of this would have been avoided had vdiatech waited 10 mins extra for the call from viper. vdiatech has said he called up viper when the headers were not fitting and viper said he will call him back in 5 minutes. viper called back in 15. vdiatech buddy, could you have not waited for 10 minutes more before cutting the headers? that gets rid of the proof that the headers were not fitting. had you not cut them you could have taken a picture and sent it to viper and i am sure he would not have even slightly hesitated to give you replacement free of cost. now he will say he tested it in bombay on a car and it fitted and you are saying it did not fit but you altered the headers. now there is no way to prove that it did not fit besides your word.

like someone else said, its like warranty, if you tamper with it why should the manufacturer replace it. i just hope you guys come to an agreement.

you should have been a bit more patient when fitting it whether the installer was pressuring you or not. its not something small you were doing to your car. anyway enough of what should have been done.
Good Morning Akshay, Time and again you are over looking a few points that I have repeatedly stressed.

The initial issue was just the fitment ( sliding in of headers ) . There was a 2 min solution from my installer. Now, would I opt for a 2 min solution or send the whole piece back, put on stock, wait for VIPER to send a new piece. Lets not forget it took 22 days for me to get this one. So I opted for a 2 minute cut and weld, that would slide the headers in. It was a very simple job actually, not rocket science.

Also, most of the issues like leaks, AC piping, oil sump came after the fittment. This also I have mentioned many a times ! It is beyond me how you guys dont understand this bit. I am only repeating myself ! So, waiting another 10 minutes for call would have not helped me at all. As VIPER initally did not accept to design flaw.

I have repeated this many a times again. I only blame VIPER for not acknowledging to my concern and making good for what I went through. Lets not forget, I never attacked him personally. I told this to VIPER and also on forum that all this is probably because of a mis communication between VIPER and AFZAL.

You guys should understand that I am only speaking about the BAD PIECE I received if it sounds like i am tarnishing his image, what do you want me to do. I have not said anything nasty at all about JIGNESH, although his friends are desperately trying to dis-credit me with closed eyes !

Have a good day

Last edited by vdiatech : 1st December 2009 at 06:47.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:18   #74
BANNED

Im just thinking out aloud about the reason why the holes in the pipe and heat went unnoticed before the exhaust was installed in Maruthi's car...
maybe Jignesh used his friend's car just for fabrication and didn't actually turn it on. could that be a possibility?
Old 1st December 2009, 11:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Warranty from a refrigerator company is different from a warranty from a tuner. I am sure VIPER will sort this out soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks