Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 08:06   #16
BHPian

Thanks for chippin in with your views...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your views and compliments! Will try to get hold of that HKS lowering springs + shocks sold by race dynamics in bangalore. It will reduce the ride height by 3 inches i believe. Lowering is the first thing this car needs apart from tinted film.
Costed me around 35000 bucks as I had to get my 17in alloys painted too. Wanted to get it painted with the 'hot rod black' paint from dupont, but since it was unavailable the painter came up with a little improvising to get that satin look on the flat black. I just asked him to use dupont only and he did that and came up with a custom mix.
My full credit goes to the painter as I just showed a photo of a flat black satin car from the internet and he was fully confident of gettin that look, so I had to let him have a go and I must say, he didn't dissapoint!
Have to careful about maintainence though because we can't polish or rub it with teflon to make the scratches disappear like on a metallic black car, and this color requires extra care and maintainence, but its worth it and I wouldn't regret this at all!
Old 1st December 2009, 08:08   #17
BHPian

Its looking great!!Where did you get it painted in hyd?
Old 1st December 2009, 08:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your views and compliments! Will try to get hold of that HKS lowering springs + shocks sold by race dynamics in bangalore. It will reduce the ride height by 3 inches i believe. Lowering is the first thing this car needs apart from tinted film.
Costed me around 35000 bucks as I had to get my 17in alloys painted too. Wanted to get it painted with the 'hot rod black' paint from dupont, but since it was unavailable the painter came up with a little improvising to get that satin look on the flat black. I just asked him to use dupont only and he did that and came up with a custom mix.
My full credit goes to the painter as I just showed a photo of a flat black satin car from the internet and he was fully confident of gettin that look, so I had to let him have a go and I must say, he didn't dissapoint!
Have to careful about maintainence though because we can't polish or rub it with teflon to make the scratches disappear like on a metallic black car, and this color requires extra care and maintainence, but its worth it and I wouldn't regret this at all!
The alloys in the pics posted look like 15inchers. And yes maintaining matte black is very very hard. My bike has a full matte black paintjob and boy is it tough to maintain it! The only plus point I see is the stealth look and not much care of washing and waxing required too You can be carefree regarding the cleaning aspect but it does dust up very soon.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:14   #19
BHPian

pal you have a smoking hot car there. the paint job is awesome. tastefully done. it looks mean. use it sparingly ! more you use, more chances of scratches , dents, dings due to traffic .

Like Phoneix said, Black Angel eyes with projector lens would do good ( not the chorme ones)
Old 1st December 2009, 08:24   #20
BHPian

Alloys are lookin smaller because of the all black theme and huge wheel well gap between the tyres and fender but it is 17inches. This paint is a magnet for attracting dust particles but its not unmanageable though. The only projector headlight setup this car's got is the one available in Japan but its not black, its chrome color. Wish some one makes custom projectors...

These are the ones, i am talkin about but I wish they came in black housing with angel eyes.. hmm looks like have to wait for the right ones
Attached Thumbnails
My matte black SX4!-670e1a31a855.jpg  

My matte black SX4!-b1aa77c0519d.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 1st December 2009 at 15:51. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:30   #21
BHPian

You havee plenty of people in the market who can make custom projectors in which ever color you want, and which ever mode you want.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this now. Looks scintillating! The paint(ing) quality appears top-notch. Do let us know how its maintenance is, for regular usage.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
You havee plenty of people in the market who can make custom projectors in which ever color you want, and which ever mode you want.
Wow, you mean in India? Do you know someone in hyderabad or bangalore who can do the custom projector stuff along with angel eyes in black housing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Its looking great!!Where did you get it painted in hyd?
Thanks, its dupont refinish near Masab tank flyover

Last edited by Dippy : 1st December 2009 at 15:50. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

One of the classic paints /cars you can ever see. A MATTE finish vecihle, i think is the first on BHP forum. Superb car. Amazingly it looks like a GANGSTER car(no offences meant),but nice work done on this. I bet many people will turn their head when this zips past them and it will be aproblem for them only as they will not be able to visualize the road later on. i am still thinking of MATTE finish car. tell the RTO about the change in color and even in your car papers/records to avoid future problems

Last edited by shishir_bn : 1st December 2009 at 09:54.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:00   #25
BHPian

Here you go
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ngel-eyes.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ts-accent.html

regards

MP
Old 1st December 2009, 10:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thats a fabulous matte job on the SX4. The car looks awesome and I really liked the mesh grilles you have used. You could try smoking you tail lights which would add to the mean look. What tyres are you running?

Well done.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:23   #27
BHPian

Your car looks excellent. For the projector lamps, you might wish to see this thread (though it is for the Accent):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ts-accent.html
Old 1st December 2009, 10:29   #28
BHPian

I don't intend to ruin your party here but 35,000 is too steep a price to get the Matt black work done. My friend got his OHC done in matt black and it was less than what you paid by quite a margin.

Anyway, the car looks killer, as suggested by others lower the car and it would just rule!! Any mods on from the engine front? How bout plonking a turbo!! Then it would surely look and move like a super mean machine!

Cheers
Shrey
Old 1st December 2009, 10:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmana View Post
Hey guys, got my red SX4 painted to a matte black color with satin gloss finish! Need your valuable inputs and comments...
your ride looks stunning!! the front bumper is super cool. one more thing I'd like you to change is the number plate chrome garnish. get it matte black powder coated.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:33   #30
BHPian

Men are back in black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thats a fabulous matte job on the SX4. The car looks awesome and I really liked the mesh grilles you have used. You could try smoking you tail lights which would add to the mean look. What tyres are you running?

Well done.
Thanks! Got the mesh grille imported from China. The tyres are 17 inch Falken ZIEX 912 with profile: 215/50R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks