Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2005, 18:26   #16
BHPian

true true ananth.. but on the positive side the actual tuners can perfect their skills for tuning and will have something really good to drive instead of experimenting all the time. a typical dyno would come for 12~15 lacs landed cost as someone from bangalore was telling me once. A rolling road dyno.... lets hope someone gets a dyno. could make money of it by leasing it for a few runs for a specific amount of money....

Z
Old 13th August 2005, 18:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Maybe when the tuner market grows to ten times that amount, they may decide to get one of those rolling roads....Further, nothing compares with road testing for final tuning...It is often said that a 'flash' reading on the dyno will never make it into the real world...Even the big companies have expert riders on their R&D payrolls to give feedback on every aspect of tuning...but, I agree, while developing the engine there is no sustitute for a dyno...

Ananth
Old 14th August 2005, 03:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Isnt this the same machine that was blasting everyone at the Speedrun? If it is, then its a very very fast car indeed.
GTO
Very much the same car which was at the Speedrun.It had no graphics whatsoever then.But it did blast the competition for sure.
Here is the Speedrun pic.

As far as the BHP figures are concerned,they are just a tentative calculation as obviously there is no Dyno to measure it up.But 200 horses or not,this is 'The Honda' for sure.

X
Old 14th August 2005, 03:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
the car is indeed fast.. the driver though is a biker and is still learning how to drive cars of this level..you can say he is an amatuer excited driver and is a very good friend of mine (hopefully after reading what i wrote about him paintjob was customised by the owner it self and he himself has painted the car. the wheels are 16's and suspension mods are due to be done soon. is running on one of the best piston makers i.e. JE. This car has all kinds of mods and you can say that almost every part of the engine is not stock.. its quick.. but if you see this driver ripping through the streets be careful as he might just ram into you.. give it time.. probably 6 months and he should be able to drive better....

Z

Very true.Stay away from this car as Z stated.The driver is still trying to take control of the car as well as his life.

X
Old 14th August 2005, 03:58   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation

guyz im just glad to see that car back on the road forget the fact that its 200 horses with the not so efficiently modified suspension on it
Old 14th August 2005, 04:20   #21
BANNED

the car looks nothing great....will look wannabe to those who do not know whats under the hood...hehehe
please let me know guys how much does it cost for turbocharging the car
Old 14th August 2005, 04:33   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well depends on what kinda turbo you want do you want fire or just a litlle spark thats what defines the cost!
Old 15th August 2005, 23:24   #23
BANNED

i want real power...alot of power basically...dont know what kind of turbos are available..have even heard it increases your mileage...let me know the cost please
Old 16th August 2005, 00:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

it all depends on how much power you want and what you CAN afford.mileage will not increase with a turbo.

Rev
Old 16th August 2005, 00:40   #25
BANNED

okay so tell me how much will it cost minimum...and maximum
Old 16th August 2005, 01:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

firstly in this world there is nothing like THE BEST. you remove Rs 10000 you get some thing good , you remove Rs 20000 you get something better , you remove Rs 50000 you get some thing better but youll never get the best there always be something better. i guess the minimum for a turbo is around 45000 - 50000 rupees which car do you want it for.

and do you want it to be a street car or a drag car.

if you basically need it for street racing why dont you do a couple of other things instead of just adding a turbo.for example start of with a basic cat back exhaust system and then K&N conical performance filter and then maybe you could port and polish....the list is endless.

Rev
Old 16th August 2005, 01:09   #27
BANNED

arre dude i do not want to screw my mileage....i drive a corsa sail...which cgives me around 7 fe...heard turbo increases bhp alot and does not screw the average
Old 16th August 2005, 02:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

you always have to give some thing to take something.in this case you HAVE TO compromise on Fe to gain bhp.there will definitly be a NOTICIBLE drop in FE with a turbo.

Rev
Old 16th August 2005, 03:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Turbo will not necessarily decrease mileage.
Old 16th August 2005, 12:59   #30
BANNED

and how much will my power increase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks