Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 14:03   #1
BHPian

Insanity of SUPERCHARGERS

Hi everybody, I am new on Team BHP. Few days back i was browsing through internet and suddenly got in my mind to search about superchargers. Then i found a website Vortech Superchargers. While surfing through the site, I found shocking stuff there. There were about 8 different kinds of superchargers out which 7 can be applied to a stock car and the last one for DRAG RACING. Let me explain you something all about them:-

SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-1 Series Supercharger

Utilizing precision ground gears to drive its impeller, the V-1 incorporates the strength of superior design with the quality and testing that make Vortech famous. As a result of our precise drive system, the impeller requires minimum clearance which contributes to Vortech's superior efficiency and durability. The heavy duty (H/D) V-1 configurations include high-speed ball bearings, ideal for race applications, i.e. cog pulley/Gilmer drive. From the race ready T-Trim to the high-efficiency Si-Trim, the V-1 is a versatile supercharger for the most demanding enthusiast.
Max Speed:55000 RPMMax Boost:26 PSIMax Flow:1150 CFMMax Power:775 HPPeak Efficiency:78%
SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-2 Series Supercharger

The V-2 SQ model is considered the new generation among superchargers. Highly advanced computer designed gears feature an optimized helical profile which allows for near silent operation while providing superior performance. All V-2 SQ units feature a 3.6:1 internal step-up ratio and are direct bolt-on replacements for our V-1 units.
Max Speed:52000 RPMMax Boost:22 PSIMax Flow:1150 CFMMax Power:775 HPPeak Efficiency:78%
SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-3 Series Supercharger

• Helical gear design with 3.6:1 step-up
  • The V-3 supercharger can be installed into any existing Vortech V-1, V-2, V-4, V-5 or V-7 bracketry
  • Includes remote fluid drain hose (attached to supercharger) that allows for simple fluid changes without removing the supercharger from the vehicle
  • A ventilated gear case assembly eliminates any potential internal pressure issues that are currently associated with non-vented competitive designs
  • Integrated gear case baffling for proper oil control
  • Simple oil slinger design does not require separate shaft or bearing set. This provides proper fluid delivery to gears and bearings
  • Superchargers are factory pre-filled with our special synthetic fluid.
  • Integrated dipstick for simple fluid checks
Max Speed:53000 RPMMax Boost:17 PSIMax Flow:1050 CFMMax Power:725 HPPeak Efficiency:75%
SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-4 Series Supercharger

The V-4 is designed with the serious racer in mind. When operating at 12 PSIG, this model is nearly twice as efficient as a Roots-type supercharger. The V-4 is capable of producing CFM flow levels in the 2,000 range, up to 32 PSIG of boost and horsepower potential up to 1,400. All units feature our exclusive D-port volute for improved efficiency and utilize extra wide, heavy duty design gears. The heavy duty (H/D) configuration includes high-speed, ceramic hybrid ball bearings, ideal for race applications, i.e. cog pulley/Gilmer drive
Max Speed:58000 RPMMax Boost:28 PSIMax Flow:1600 CFMMax Power:1100 HPPeak Efficiency:74% SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-5 Series Supercharger

Designed for use on 1.6 to 4 liter engines, the V-5 features a low-surge threshold for smaller displacement, high-revving engines. As with all other Vortech superchargers, development and testing took place in a state-of-the-art test cell (compliant to SAE Standard J-1723). This efficient compressor design requires less horsepower to drive the impeller and provides cooler discharge temperatures. These features, matched with our exclusive D-port volute, allow for more available boost throughout the operating range, especially at higher engine speeds.
Max Speed:52000 RPMMax Boost:14 PSIMax Flow:750 CFMMax Power:550 HPPeak Efficiency:76% SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-7 Series Supercharger

The V-7 Series combines the advanced technology and race-proven performance of the V-4 model and fits most of our existing mounting bracketry. The V-7 is designed for vehicles with highly modified engines and extreme CFM/boost demands. All units feature our exclusive D-port volute for improved efficiently and require the use of a Vortech Racing Bypass Valve. The heavy duty (H/D) configuration includes high speed, ceramic hybrid ball bearings, ideal for race applications, i.e. cog pulley/Gilmer drive.
Max Speed:60000 RPMMax Boost:27 PSIMax Flow:1450 CFMMax Power:1000 HPPeak Efficiency:75%
SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-9 Series Supercharger

The V-9 Series is ideal for applications where space around the engine is a consideration, as with GM F-Body and Sport Compact vehicles. Designed for engines ranging in size from 1.2L to 6.0L, the V-9 features our AirAssist/Power Drain lubrication system, exclusive D-port volute for improved efficiency and a V-band volute clamp for easy under-hood packaging.
Max Speed:52000 RPMMax Boost:13.5 PSIMax Flow:750 CFMMax Power:550 HPPeak Efficiency:72% SUPERCHARGERS: Vortech V-20 Series Supercharger

The V-20 series supercharger brings new technology in the form of a modular, super-robust drive system to meet the abuses found in the high-powered (1,000+ HP) segment of drag racing. Several unique, patentable features were incorporated into this new design, offering unprecedented strength and durability with improved manufacturability. The V-20 series can accommodate most existing Vortech compressor stages as well as new ones under development. The V-24 and V-27 are currently shipping.
Max Speed:65000 RPMMax Boost:30 PSIMax Flow:1600 CFMMax Power:1200 HPPeak Efficiency:78%These are the various categories. Please guys leave a comment.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th December 2009 at 09:18. Reason: Deleting extra smiley. Not more than two smilies are allowed per post. Please go through the rules of the forum.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

A quick question... what comments are you expecting, as this post is a copy of the content on Vortech's website
Old 8th December 2009, 04:29   #3
BHPian

I agree with Psycho. What exactly are you looking for. Do you plan to install one of these? Or is it plain gyaan you are trying to spread? Or you are commercially associated with Vortech?
Old 8th December 2009, 19:20   #4
BHPian

I just want to post to inform everybody that current automotive technology has become so advanced that you can take your stock car upto 1500 HP.
That's whats this post means.
Old 8th December 2009, 21:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ehh.

Not impressed. 1200BHP was impressive in the 80s.
Old 8th December 2009, 22:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

I can only say "Welcome to team-bhp", Mr.AGcustoms.
Spend atleast a month going through all the information we already have on here so you'll get an idea of what this forum is and has.
Old 8th December 2009, 23:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Holy hell, someone here in our country knows about superchargers? Give this man a medal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS
I just want to post to inform everybody that current automotive technology has become so advanced that you can take your stock car upto 1500 HP.
That's whats this post means.
A stock car? Stock car made for what? Taking off and flying to the moon?

Last edited by pranavt : 8th December 2009 at 23:23.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:48   #8
BHPian

@AGcustoms: there is no way that you can just stuff in a supercharger and get that kind of power out of a stock engine..there is a lot more to it.if that were the case we would all be running 1000 + bhp cars by now..

that said and done. good effort but i suggest you take some time to go through the info on the site.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

There are various existing topics on Superchargers in the Technical section. Please continue discussions in those threads.

This thread is closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed