Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 15:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Gypsy Modification Under Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
Finally the outcome is here. But still some things to be done.
dear akash,

if i my ask where did you picked up this design for the gypsy? are you a fan or DC or just went along making the design on a daily basis?

you must be wondering why im asking this question to you, because of the bad reviews your gypsy is getting! thats why!

you see a lot goes into designing or re-designing a vehicle and bringing it to life. its an art to desing an automobile. you have never shared your sketches with us on the forum to get a feedback or changes to you desgin....

...you just shocked all of us with your RED BULL!
Old 4th September 2011, 16:37   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Dear Akash Its a good effort,considering that you have spent good time on this project.May be a rectangular wnsheild would have given it a Baja Dune Buggy appearence.Still you can change it.
Hi Aakash,

i would agree with Hillram.

if the win-shield frame is changed it would be looking more far better.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:55   #123
BHPian

Ya, I agree that the front windscreen need to be changed. The new windscreen will be of same proportionate to the rear spoiler.
Old 7th September 2011, 16:00   #124
BHPian

i like it and it is definitely a different looking vehicle,wondering if you could change the windshield to a more rectangle design that would give it a better look according to me but great effort and good concept
Old 11th September 2011, 01:51   #125
BHPian

No, not making fun.
I do appreciate the good elements in the outcome ( paint quality & craftsmanship )

Just forget that it's made out of a gypsy.

After all he dared to materialize what he had in mind. I appreciate that spirit.
It's easy to criticize and yes as BHP ians we can do it,
I prefer to appreciate it. Purely personal.

Its easy to watch & scream / boo from gallery. It requires effort to participate, leave alone victory.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2011 at 14:05. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
MexXxentric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 00:52   #126
BHPian

Set of some new pics of rear and front also.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-kash1a2.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-kash1a3.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-kash1a1.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-kash1a7.jpg  

Old 18th September 2011, 08:31   #127
BHPian

I am in the process of buying a good used Gypsy to quench my occasional off-road thirst (of course I have a budget to stick to, a childhood dream to fulfill and a vision of easy maintenance). I have also listed out to myself, a small but comprehensive list of things that need to be done to it, once I buy it.

Thankfully, I landed on this thread - and now I absolutely know what not to do with it. I mean - of course, we see a lot of DC influence in your vehicle, and I laud you for having the audacity to go ahead with your 'dream design'. This being a public forum, and a not a subtle one at that (guys here would agree), you are bound to get polarizing opinions. Here, I see you have gone extremely wrong somewhere, in the quest of being different and modern.

Modern it is, no two ways about it, but not everything modern is good, you see. Besides, you messed up on the tried-and-tested Gypsy design, which is classic and almost legendary. Safety, in case of a topple, is nil and I do not see how it would be a highway cruiser.

But, you have no reason to be disheartened. Designers sketch and dump and sketch again, until they have on canvas exactly what they wanted. The only dampener here is that your canvas is slightly more expensive.

Good luck for the future.
Old 18th September 2011, 10:32   #128
BHPian

i am not at all surprised with the outcome,i think all knew even in the process how this would turn out to be.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:22   #129
BHPian

Lot of opinions on the design and Theagcustoms have taken ages to give shape to his dreams. Firstly the hard work is really appreciable.

To be frank, the only thing I liked in it is the Paint job and the wheels. Looking at this thread from page 1, it was for sure that the design would look weird. But I always hoped that with ideas given by fellow bhpians would surely give this modification a better shape. Unfortunately this did not happen.
Looking at the last photos, the car seems to perform properly only for slower speeds and design looks such that car has both sides front end (without rear).

The only suggestion here would be to make a design concept on paper or CAD before you hit the hardware.

-UB
Old 19th September 2011, 16:14   #130
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Set of some new pics of rear and front also.
I guess the feedback from the form, if analysed with an open mind, will provide you with both general and specific feedback on your effort. I think all of us applaud the fact that you took the time and effort and stayed committed to completing your project which was envisaged as a truly unique one. Fact of the matter is - and I do not mean any disrespect to your effort - you lost the plot when it came to executing it. Although you may have your reasons for not starting with a drawing or sketch & relied solely on your imagination - you have to acknowledge that putting your ideas on paper is a very important first step. Doesn't matter if your not a pro with a pen or CAD. A basic sketch is all that you need to sort out dimensions and shapes. You could also seek help from friends, members from this forum.

Given the number of knowledgeable people that have commented on your effort (im not part of that list given my experience with modifying cars) you must keep an open mind to constructive criticism. There is a wealth of talent and experience in this forum and if you get your act together you can tap into this and at the same time infuse your unique ideas \ designs. I hope you will take this and the other comments in the right spirit.
If you feel unhappy with the number of negative comments, please bear in mind that everyone in this thread is keen to see you succeed in your future endeavours. However, this is a group that calls a spade, a spade - in the best interest of the designer of the spade!
Old 19th September 2011, 21:18   #131
Senior - BHPian

some one is going to post these photos in the wierd and wacky thread!
Old 20th September 2011, 00:50   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
No, not making fun.
I do appreciate the good elements in the outcome ( paint quality & craftsmanship )

Just forget that it's made out of a gypsy.

After all he dared to materialize what he had in mind. I appreciate that spirit.
It's easy to criticize and yes as BHP ians we can do it,
I prefer to appreciate it. Purely personal.

Its easy to watch & scream / boo from gallery. It requires effort to participate, leave alone victory.
I am instead of getting demotivated, is getting motivated by the reviews what some people are giving who are seeing from the same point where, I saw it. Thanks MexXxentric personally for supporting me.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:19   #133
BHPian

all you out there whose appreciating these piece of work,please tell agcustoms the truth and like some one said a spade should be called a spade nothing else.the reason i mentioned this is agcustoms has got the time ,money and people or the workshop to do mod jobs,so let him make better use of all this and come up with good and aesthetically beautiful modded vehicles, or else he would always assume what he did with the gypsy has come out great.so its better to tell him the truth and make him understand what the truth is or else we will have to see more of this in the future.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:54   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am instead of getting demotivated, is getting motivated by the reviews what some people are giving who are seeing from the same point where, I saw it. Thanks MexXxentric personally for supporting me.
dude if you want to attract customers to your workshop or modification business, you need to do better than what you have done to the Gypsy!

you are the laughing stock in Tbhp...thats the truth!
Old 21st September 2011, 17:02   #135
Senior - BHPian

DC designs has done some wonderfull works till date except for a few which we have a common dislike.This designs are really horrible looking.Why spent money on such a work.This thread could well be named my concept of a 4 wheeler than a gypsy mod.In my concept mods are done to enhance either looks or practicality or performance.What is the intention here?
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks