Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 16:47   #61
BHPian

Re: My Gypsy Modification Under Process

In my view, the design is too bold with the large lights and that huge intake. Not sure what you have in mind as a final outcome. Did you make a sketch of the final look that you might want to share.
Old 11th January 2011, 19:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
In my view, the design is too bold with the large lights and that huge intake. Not sure what you have in mind as a final outcome. Did you make a sketch of the final look that you might want to share.
Thanks for your review. But sorry sir, I have not made any sketch its all in mind.
Latest progress on work is that the paint job ground work is going on.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:48   #63
BHPian

I have zero knowledge of fabrication but frankly what I think is that for such kind of work you should not start with a pre-body. Infact you should build the entire body from scratch one a bare ladder. To start with Gypsy is as narrow as it gets. I'm not blaming the vehicle but that how it's designed (read: Jap) on the other hand you are trying to create something which is American. The key words are Low and Wide. See another thing which I feel is very wrong is that the huge fender flares dont go well against the narrow steeper side walls. If the side walls were a lot less steeper and flowed down gently it would have merged into the fender flares gracefully. IMHO you need to rethink that part. It's looking as if the "SUV" would not be able to stand up on it's feet due to the huge flares.
Another thing which I always feel with wide designs is that there should be sufficient use of "angles" - you know flowing or sliding or inclined as you may call it looks better on wide side walls than steeper side walls / steeper angle - if you know what I mean.
When doing side walls you could dream a few things already. Like starting wide and then going thinner as you reach the top.

Having said that I reach love the amount of effort and passion you have put into this.

Well I'm not a designer but if I were to do the "Tatamobile" I would do something like the pic attached along with this post. (That's a 10 year old sketch though).
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-raider-4-x-4.jpg  

Old 16th January 2011, 02:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
I have zero knowledge of fabrication but frankly what I think is that for such kind of work you should not start with a pre-body. Infact you should build the entire body from scratch one a bare ladder. To start with Gypsy is as narrow as it gets. I'm not blaming the vehicle but that how it's designed (read: Jap) on the other hand you are trying to create something which is American. The key words are Low and Wide. See another thing which I feel is very wrong is that the huge fender flares dont go well against the narrow steeper side walls. If the side walls were a lot less steeper and flowed down gently it would have merged into the fender flares gracefully. IMHO you need to rethink that part. It's looking as if the "SUV" would not be able to stand up on it's feet due to the huge flares.
Another thing which I always feel with wide designs is that there should be sufficient use of "angles" - you know flowing or sliding or inclined as you may call it looks better on wide side walls than steeper side walls / steeper angle - if you know what I mean.
When doing side walls you could dream a few things already. Like starting wide and then going thinner as you reach the top.

Having said that I reach love the amount of effort and passion you have put into this.

Well I'm not a designer but if I were to do the "Tatamobile" I would do something like the pic attached along with this post. (That's a 10 year old sketch though).
Thank' s for writing and again big thanks for your support. All ,I can say that after seeing your sketch ,I love it. Soon ,I will put the new pics.
Old 20th January 2011, 20:59   #65
BHPian

Hie everyone today got my beast's heart overall and now its refitting will start from tomorrow. It was amazing to see all the process of overall. The latheman had a magic in his hand. The quality of his work was superb. Hope its hardship will show better result.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:47   #66
BHPian

we could understand better if you could also put in snaps of the process
Old 21st January 2011, 10:54   #67
BHPian

My personal suggestion.

Reduce the sloping on the bonnet.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

please remove "AGCUSTOMS" from the rear of the 'vehicle'!
Old 21st January 2011, 12:57   #69
BHPian

I think your Gypsy modification project is going to be one of its kinds. waiting to see the final outcome. All the best buddy!!!

Last edited by BulZire : 21st January 2011 at 12:58.
Old 22nd January 2011, 01:17   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil1300 View Post
we could understand better if you could also put in snaps of the process
Yeah sure i will put the snaps tomorrow of all the parts of engine which are being repaired.
Old 22nd January 2011, 01:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
My personal suggestion.

Reduce the sloping on the bonnet.
The problem is that my front windscreen is ordered on request and its design have 4 different curves which was too difficult to make. So with this kind of windscreen the bonnet cannot be straight and i have also try to make it straight but the bonnet is 3inch above the previous line. Thats why it have so much slope.
Old 22nd January 2011, 01:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
please remove "AGCUSTOMS" from the rear of the 'vehicle'!
Sir, I know right now it looks shabby. But after proper body filling and paint done it will look like embedded. Like in the design photos the name JEEP is written in the middle bumper.
Old 22nd January 2011, 01:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I think your Gypsy modification project is going to be one of its kinds. waiting to see the final outcome. All the best buddy!!!
Thanks a lot buddy. Surely its going to be one of its own class and thanks again for writing.
Old 22nd January 2011, 02:10   #74
BHPian

Looks like it is coming out fine. Though it mite not exactly come out like the one in the pic on the first page, but I think I can only comment on it once it is complete. It still is too soon to tell. I am sure when finished it will look amazing. All the best, good job.

I am sure the final product will be very different from what we have ever seen on the roads and even if it doesn't comes out exactly as you mite have wanted it to be, but I am sure you would be loving all the experience which should definetly help in any of your future projects.

Hmmmmmm - how will it behave with the weight and all will also have to be seen. I am sure you have it in mind too.
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:21   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaser_cyclist View Post
Looks like it is coming out fine. Though it mite not exactly come out like the one in the pic on the first page, but I think I can only comment on it once it is complete. It still is too soon to tell. I am sure when finished it will look amazing. All the best, good job.

I am sure the final product will be very different from what we have ever seen on the roads and even if it doesn't comes out exactly as you mite have wanted it to be, but I am sure you would be loving all the experience which should definetly help in any of your future projects.

Hmmmmmm - how will it behave with the weight and all will also have to be seen. I am sure you have it in mind too.
Yeah there is some weight problem but, I have managed it. My vehicle was provided by 4x4 and, I have also decided not to change the engine keeping it original. Moreover ,I am also installing some performance parts which also helps to gain power and thanks for your support.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks